Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

"But I'm Better With A Pen"

“Get on my back!” Ryan said. I stared at him.
“Why?” I asked. He was holding onto my hand and refused to let it go. I think he was afraid I would go and jump if he did. He was wrong, my temporary insanity had passed.
“Because you are incredibly slow.” He said, smiling weakly.
“No running!” I said immediately. I never, ever wanted to run with him again! It was way too scary.
“I won’t run but I can still walk a lot faster than you can!” Ryan said. I shook my head, trying to back away from him. I didn’t get very far, Ryan was still holding my hand.
“Come on, besides, you’re tired! You walk even slower when you’re tired!” Ryan said. I sighed loudly.
“Fine, but no running!” I said. Ryan nodded and I jumped onto his back. He did walk a lot faster than I did but thankfully, he kept his word and didn’t run. I closed my eyes and was almost asleep when he stopped.
“Izzye, we’re here.” He said. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see a car. I was even more surprised when Brendon, Jon and Spencer got out of the car. Brendon pulled me off of Ryan’s back and hugged me before I had a chance to say anything.
“Izzye! Don’t you dare do that again!” Brendon was saying. I didn’t get to hear what else he said though, because both Spencer and Jon were hugging me, squeezing me so hard I could barely breathe.
“Wait, how’d you get that bruise?” Jon asked once he was done hugging me. I looked at Ryan for help. I really did not want to explain what happened again, it’d been hard enough the first time.
“I’ll tell you in the car!” Ryan said. At his words everyone got in the car quickly. Except for me, I was staring at my car.
“Oh yeah, I forgot about that!” Ryan said, following my gaze. He turned back to his car and frowned. Then he leaned in and said something to the guys. I couldn’t hear what though.
Finally Ryan got out of the car and turned back to me.
“We’re going to take your car and meet them at Smitty’s.” Ryan said, walking over to my car. I followed him over. When I started to go over to the driver’s side he grabbed my hand.
“What do you think you’re doing?” He asked. I stared at him, feeling very confused.
“Getting in the car.” I said slowly. Ryan shook his head.
“There is no way I’m letting you drive like this!” He said. I glared at him.
“Like this?” I asked. He nodded.
“Izzye, you were about to kill yourself, your mind is obviously dead.” He said. I glared at him again.
“So?” I asked. Ryan sighed loudly.
“So, I’m not letting you get behind the wheel of a huge mechanical device!” He said sweetly. I rolled my eyes.
“Now, get into the passenger seat young lady!” He said. I think he was trying his hardest to act normal.
“Whatever!” I said, but I obeyed like a good little girl.
I couldn’t have been in the car for more than five minutes before I fell asleep. I guess that’s what I get for barely sleeping, then climbing up a huge cliff and debating suicide.

*******

“Izzye, wake up, we’re here.” Ryan said, shaking me. I yawned and looked around. We were indeed at Smitty’s. It was surprisingly un-busy.
“Come on, let’s go.” Ryan said. Yawning again I got out of the car and followed Ryan into the restaurant.
Brendon, Jon and Spencer were already there so Ryan and I went over to them. Somehow I ended up sitting in between Ryan and Spencer. I’m not exactly sure how, but then again, I was half asleep.
I didn’t really listen as Ryan told the guys what happened. I rested my head on Ryan’s shoulder and closed my eyes. I was just starting to drift away when Brendon’s voice woke me up.
“He what?!” He cried. Jon, Spencer and Ryan all shushed him as several people looked our direction.
“I’m going to kill him; I am going to kill him!” Brendon said. Ryan shook his head, glancing down at me as he did.
“We can’t kill him, but we can scare him?” It came out as a question and all of them looked at me. I thought for a moment.
“I don’t care, do whatever you want!” I said finally. The conversation after that consisted of making plans for scaring the living daylights out of Jimmy, them eating and Ryan trying to get me to eat. I didn’t though, I just wasn’t hungry.
“We better get back now; everyone will be worried about her.” Jon said finally, standing up. The guys agreed and we went back outside to the cars. I fell asleep again, big surprise eh?

*******

“Izzye!”
“There you are!”
“Are you okay?”
“Oh shit, what happened?” That’s what we were greeted with. Ryan was carrying me on his back again, (I was tired!) and the second they saw us, everyone, except Jimmy, came rushing over to us.
“Jimmy beat her.” Ryan said. He sounded so calm about it but I could tell that he was actually ready to burst he was so angry.
“What?!” All of them exclaimed in unison. Ryan nodded.
“Where did you find her?” Pete asked worriedly. Ryan hesitated before he answered.
“On a cliff.” Everyone was silent as what I had almost done sunk in.
“Oh.” Patrick said finally. Ryan nodded.
“Yeah.” He said. Everyone just stared at me. It was a bit annoying actually; all I wanted to do was sleep.
“Where’s Jimmy?” Brendon asked, coming up behind us. Devin looked at Rae and both of them shrugged.
“We don’t know, we haven’t seen him since we got back.” They said. Great, he was out there, somewhere, and he could come back at anytime.
“I don’t think you guys should stay in your motor home tonight, in case he comes back.” Spencer said slowly. Devin and Rae immediately agreed, not that Rae had anything to fear. I didn’t say anything. My eyes were closed and I was so close to being asleep.
“I’m going to go put her to bed.” Ryan said, his voice dropping down to a whisper. Put her to bed, that makes it sound like I’m a baby.
I still didn’t open my eyes until suddenly I wasn’t on Ryan’s back anymore. Then I opened my eyes to find myself in his arms. Stupid vampires for being so fast!
“Where are we?” I asked with a yawn. Ryan smiled.
“My motor home. You’re going to be staying here for a while.” He said. I didn’t argue. I doubt Jimmy would come in here, and even if he did, there were three very pissed off vampires, I doubt that he would be able to get anywhere near me.
“Now, you go to sleep.” Ryan said, putting me down on a bed. I answered him by yawning again.
“That’s what I thought.” Ryan said, getting into bed beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes. I guess something good always happens after something bad.