Special.

004.

The rest of the week went pretty much the same. I went to class, sat in the back and tried not to talk unless I had to. And during lunch I ate lunch in my room with Vanessa, but she kept telling me that it was only temporary and soon I would have to eat lunch in the cafeteria like a normal person, which I would reply with 'but I'm not a normal person' and she would just roll her eyes and smile.

“Are you just going to hide out in our bedroom?” Vanessa asks me as I lay on my bed.

“Actually yes, that is the plan.” I reply with a grin.

“I will not stand for that, you need to be sociable.”

I sigh and shake my head, “there is no point, I mean about 90 percent of the school population hates me and they only want to make my life a living hell.”

“That's how you get them back, make friends and show them that it doesn't matter what they think of you.”

“You're going to drag me out even if I say no, right?”

Vanessa nods happily knowing she won this conversation.

“Put something cute on because we are going out into the town.”

“We are allowed to leave?” I ask curiously

“Only during the weekends, it makes us look like a real school.”

“Where are we going?”

“No questions, just get ready and we'll leave at sundown.”

“Who else is coming along?” I ask curiously

“No questions,” she tells me one more time and then walks out of our bedroom.

I sigh suddenly overwhelmed with nerves

“It's going to be okay.” I whisper to myself and get up from my bed. I walk to my dresser happy that I had managed to put away all my clothes away.

“Put something cute on.” I repeat the words that Vanessa had told me as I look through my clothes, the only problem was that I really didn't know if I actually owned something that was cute.

I was more a jean and shirt type of girl as seeing I really didn't go out much.

I groan and change into my nicest skinny jeans and find a flower printed blouse, hopefully this attire would be decent enough for tonight.

I look at myself in the mirror and frown, I need to start putting effort in the way I present myself.

I let my wavy light brown hair lose from my bun and part it on the side. I run my fingers through it and decide it's decent enough. I put on some black eyeliner and mascara and finish my look with a red tinted chapstick. I look at my complete look and sigh, my pale skin made my freckled face pop out and that was the last thing that I wanted.

The bedroom door opens and I turn around to look at Vanessa.

“Wow that was really fast, but you know there are still like two hours before we actually leave?”

“Yeah but I figured I might as well otherwise I would just over think it.”

“Well I'm going to take a shower and get ready myself.”

I take a sit at my desk and begin to read a book that my mom had given me to pass the time.

Two hours later I followed Vanessa to the front door where we had to sign out before actually leaving the building.

“So they know who made it back and who didn't” Vanessa whispers and then we exit the building.

“Is it just going to be the two of us?” I ask hopefully.

Vanessa just gives me a smile and walk to the parking lot, and checks the time on her cell phone.

A couple of minutes later I hear people talking behind us and I can't help but to turn around and look at them, it was Zack, Alex, Jack, and Rian but there were also two girls who I hadn't met before.

“Alex you didn't say she was going to come along.” The brown haired girl says a bit too loudly.

I felt my stomach turn into knots.

“It must have slipped my mind,” he replies with a small smile.

The girl glares at Alex and then looks at me but her features change, she looked kind of scared.

“You guys can certainly hang out but I won't be caught dead around her, Cassadee?” She says and gives Cassadee a pleading look.

“I'm with Lisa on this one guys, I mean we don't even know what she's capable of.”

“She's not going to hurt anyone.” Alex says with a great sigh.

The knot in my stomach seemed to get bigger, why would the think that I would hurt them? It made me wander about my own kind, did they have a reputation of not being so kind?

“I'm just going to head back and you don't have to worry about me coming along.” I say with a smile.

“No, Zilia you are coming.” Vanessa says with a determined tone of voice.

“It's okay, I didn't really want to come anyway.” I say trying not to sound hurt.

“Vanessa just let her go back, that's what she wants anyway.” Lisa says.

“Yeah, but thanks for the invite, maybe some other time,”

“Zilia.”

“Have fun you guys.” I tell them with a fake smile as I try to avoid eye contact.

I walk back to the main building, my heart getting heavier with every step I took. I don't know why I was feeling like this, I mean it wasn't like I actually wanted to go out, maybe it was because of how everybody seemed to make assumptions and didn't even bother to get to know me, besides the guys.

I sigh and check back in before heading to the stairs. And then my phone begins to ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey honey!” I hear my mom exclaim.

“Hey mom,” I say trying to sound cheerful.

“How was your first week?” “Don't let any detail out,” I can hear my dad say in the background.

“it was good, my roommate is really nice, everybody has been really nice.”

“I'm glad to hear that, your dad I were worried that you were going to hate it.”

I could almost feel my heart on the floor.

“No I love it, everybody is awesome and I'm actually going to hang out with some friends in a bit.” I lie

“That's great Zilia! We'll let you know and we'll be expecting a call about how it went tonight.”

“I'll call tomorrow.”

“We love you.”

“I love you guys too.” I say and hang up as I start to cry, I hated all this crying.

“Why didn't you tell them you hated it here.”

I look back and see Zack looking at me.

I shrug, “I just want them to be happy.”

“But what about you?”

“If they're happy I'm happy.”

“Did you forget something?” I ask, curious as to why he was here and not with his friends.

“I was actually looking for you.”

“Me?”

“I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out with me tonight.”

“Oh, you don't have to do that.”

“I want to, plus you'll have something to tell your parents tomorrow.”

I can't help but to smile. “What were you planning?”

“Well we can see a movie, hang out in my room get to know each other, I can teach you how to play bass, or just in awkward silence.”

“Talking sounds nice.”

Zack gives me a smile and takes my hand causing me to catch my breath and leads me to his bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.
C/C are always welcome :D