Special.

007.

This time when I awoke I didn't have sunlight hitting my face, or moonlight for that matter. I was inside laying on a very comfortable bed that was not mine. I sit up and try to get out of the bed but my head was spinning and I felt like if I stood up I would collapse all over again.

“How are you feeling?”

I look around the room startled from the voice, but I calm down once I realize the voice belonged to Lucille.

“Bit dizzy,” I admit rubbing my head.

“Makes sense, you...” she hesitates looking at my wrist. “lost quite a bit of blood” she finishes as her eyes move up to my face.

“Is he okay?” I ask in a low voice.

“Amazingly so...” this time she pauses “there are no traces of him every being in direct sunlight.”

The way she looked at me made me uneasy, it was as if she had found something that had been lost for centuries.

“Here is some water and some snacks to help with the dizziness,” she finally speaks again handing me a water bottle and a bag of different types of snacks and fruits.

“Thank you.”

“When you feel better Dean Williams would like to have a word with you in his office.” She says with a small smile and walks away.

If I wasn't freaking out before, I sure was now.

I gulp down the water bottle and eat half a peach, for some reason I couldn't bring myself to eat any more than that, I was just too nervous.

I stand up slowly, once I knew that wasn't going to pass out I made my way out of the room. I was in the administration part of the classroom building.

“Oh that was quick.”

I give Lucille a small smile and walk past her into the dean's office.

Dean Williams had been writing something but as soon as I entered his office he put his pen down and stood up.

“Take a seat Miss Keystone.”

I nod and take a seat in front of his desk.

“No need to be nervous,” He says confirming that he could hear the fast drumming beat of my heart from how nervous I had become.

“I know what I did was unethical and-”

“Since when is saving someone's life unethical?” He questions before I can finish my apology.

I shrug, if I wasn't here to be discipline, then why was I here for?

“Miss Keystone, what you did was very brave and it took a lot of courage.”

He took in a deep breath and sat back down.

“But it has also made the other students, how do I say this? Curious about you.”

“Curious?”

“Well of course, there has never been a situation where a vampire has survived being out in the sunlight- that is until now.”

I didn't know what I was supposed to say.

“I hope next time you think twice before doing something so drastic, the last thing you want is more people looking your way.”

“I wouldn't have needed to be so drastic if they hadn't pushed him out the building.”
Dean Williams just smiles.

“Unfortunately there were too many of them saying it was an accident, and accidents can be forgiven, but other actions cannot.”

I look at him in disbelief, one minute he was saying I was brave and the next he was giving me a warning about my actions? What game was he playing?

“I will make sure to think twice next time.”

“I'm glad this conversation didn't have to go any longer.” He tells me and stands up, a sign that this conversation was indeed over, the only problem was that I was not done with it.

“I just have a question Dean Williams.”

“What is that Zilia?”

“Have my parents been informed about the- situation?”

“Not yet, unless you don't want them to be informed?”

“It that is a possibility I would like that very much, I just want them to live their own life for a bit and not worry about me.”

“Consider it done Miss Keystone, but if something else arises, they will be the first to know.”

“Noted, thank you Dean Williams.” I give the biggest smile I can produce and walk out of his office.

Was he really not going to punish any of the students who tried to kill Rian?

I walk out into the hallway and head back to the residence building, surprised to find out it was still daytime, for some reason I had assumed it was much later in the day.

I walk up the stairs feeling furious about my conversation with Dean Williams. Although I hadn't gotten into any sort of problem he had insinuated that I would eventually become a problem.
As I exit the stairs a few people look my way but unlike other times this time nobody said anything, they just watched me as I walked down the hallway towards my room.

I try to open the door to my room but it was locked and unfortunately I didn't have a key. I knocked hoping Vanessa would be in there but after five knocks and no answer I gave up with a great sigh.

“If you want you can come and stay in our room until she gets back.”

I turned around looking at Cassadee, Lisa standing right next to her.

“Oh, I don't want to bother you guys.”

“You wouldn't! You probably want to take a shower and rest.” Lisa, was the one who spoke this time.

“A shower would be nice.” I admitted, I was probably filthy.

“You can use our shower and we'll lend you some clothes.”

I eyed them curiously, what had changed between last night and this morning.

“Why are you two being so nice all of a sudden.”

“You saved Rian, and that means a lot to us.” Cassadee said with gratitude in her eyes.

“I guess I'll take you guy up on that offer,” I said with a smile.

“Our room is this way,” Lisa said and began leading the way.

“Thank you for what you did.” Cassadee told me as she walked behind Lisa.

“He defended me,” I said in a low voice.

“And I'm sorry about last night-”

“Don't be, you hardly know me and it was an understandable response.”

“Well I hope we get to know more about each other.”

“Agreed,” Lissa added with a smile as she opened the door to their bedroom.

I smiled and walked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the new subscribers!
And to all the new readers.
Hope you guys are enjoying it and feedback is always appreciated.
Thank you.