"Never."

Chapter 6

(Chris P.O.V.) "Damn I sure could use something to eat right now." I was sitting in my squad car watching the busy New York City traffic go by. "Maybe I should go home and eat. Somebody else will catch these speeding bastards." I started the car and begin driving home. When I go to our apartment building I noticed a guy standing in front selling flowers. "Hm."

I bought a dozen roses for Abby and headed upstairs. I wanted to surprise her so I entered the house as quietly as I could. Once I was inside I didn't see nor hear anyone. "Maybe she's not here." I whispered. "Nah, she has to be her car was outside. I approached our bedroom with the flowers behind my back. "Abby...?" I whispered as I walked in. I saw her laying on the bed so I walked to the side she was facing and knelt down. Her eyes were opened but she didn't say anything. "Abby?" "Chris what are you doing here?" "I missed you so I came back and brought you these." I pulled the roses from behind my back and gave them to her. She took them and just stared at me. "I love you honey." I said with a smile.

"So let me get this straight. You left work to bring me flowers Chris?" "Yes." "That doesn't sound like you. Chris I know why your here. You've done this rountine already. You got hungry and decided to come here to eat and you knew I was still angry so you bought these last minute flowers from the guy standing in front of our apartment building. Correct?" "Whatever Abby. I just thought I would do something nice for you. But I can see you obviously don't appreciate me trying." "You're right because i'm tired of you 'trying' Chris. I'm tired of it. I don't want to do this anymore." She got up and made her way to the bathroom as she wiped her face. "Abby what are you saying?" I grabbed her arm before she could get into the bathroom. "I don't know Chris. Maybe this marriage is a waist of both of our time. I don't wanna do this anymore."

"Abby why are you being so selfish?! I'm trying to make enough money so we can leave this stupid apartment and start our family like we always talked about." "Theres other jobs out there Chris. I have to sit here day in and day out waiting and wondering if your even gonna come back in one piece! Chris I love you but i'm giving you a choice. It's either me or your job." "Fine if that's what you wanna do then fine!" I let her arm go and stormed out the door and sped off in my squad. "What the fuck? How could she do this to me?"