Skkyelar O'Callaghan

Home With You

If there was one adjective you could fully describe me as, it would be 'daddy's girl'. And I was proud of it.

Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't one of those stuck up bitches, that whined to their dads about needing money, and how unfair life was. That wasn't me at all.

I was the girl who was extremely close to my dad. When I was a toddler my mom would video tape me following my dad everywhere he went, and he enjoyed every second of it. He took me random places at random times. He knew exactly what to say when I was upset. He killed every single spider in my room, or the house at any time of day.

He was always there, and he meant the world to me, as a dad should. As I grew up, specially in the teenage years, I didnt get along with my mom at all. We never saw eye to eye, but my dad always did. Even if he didn't agree on something I did, or said, he made a point to understand where I was coming from.

Now I'm not going to pretend like he's some sort of perfect human being, because he's far from it. I'll be the first to admit there have been times in my past, and I'm sure my future that I've actually thought about what if I had a different dad.

A different dad that didn't tour half the year. A different dad that didnt care so much about music, and cared more about his children's lives. A different dad that was there for all of us every day of the year, instead of disappearing and being 'loyal' to his fans.

But no one is perfect, specially not in my family. One of the sole reasons I moved away from the
god awful town known as Tempe, Arizona. A place where I was known as John O'Callaghan's daughter, or Skkyelar Ohh which was copied off my dad's signature nickname given to him by his fans. Why anybody in their right mind would try to pass that name off to his daughter I'm not sure. I mean it made me sound like some kind of whore, which I was far from.

That was the difference between me and my family. My dad used to be known a lady's man. My mother was known to have guys wrapped around her finger. My two older brothers were known to have the famous O'Callaghan charm, whatever that was.

But me, I had always been different. I wasn't extremely social like the rest of my family, I mean don't get me wrong I had plenty of friends, but I wasn't one for parties, and being in crowded places for more than five minutes. I also did not sleep around. Period. Granted Im not a virgin, but I don't feel the need to go off and fuck random guys I don't know where they've been.

So I moved away to a place that had always intrigued me. Chicago. I decided to go to college there after graduation, and I rarely came home.

Yes my family didn't nessacarily like that at first, but once they got used to me not being there it
was like I had never been born. My mom stopped checking up on me everyday. My brothers stopped posting on my Facebook wall about how our parents were annoying. My dad became even busier with his band. But they still kept in touch, but not enough to even catch up with what was happening in my life.

Like the fact that I had moved in with my boyfriend of two years, who they didn't even know existed. Or the fact that two years ago I had landed a photography job, which had been my dream. But secretly I didn't really mind that they didn't know these things. All my life I had been under public scrutiny from all of my dad's band friends, or my mom's fashion friends, or the
whole entire town, plus my dad's fans.

"Yo, earth to Skkyelar!" Josh yelled. I snapped back to reality, and looked at him confused.

"You were literally zoned out for like ten minutes, we timed." Derek informed me.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," I told them looking at my just painted red nails.

"Anything interesting?" Josh questioned.

I laughed, "Nope, just my boring life back home."

"Well that is boring. Why think of home when you get to be on the road with us? Your bestest friends in the whole wide world!" he exclaimed, jumping on the couch in Derek's living room, then falling over.

"Maybe because she has to deal with you, spaz," Mason joked, walking in, and sat down next to me.

"Hey! I'm not a spaz, I just have ADHD!" he yelled, and ran to the back of the bus.

"He's a spaz," Josh clarified, making us laugh.

Josh, Mason, and Derek were all in the same band with my fiancé Foster. They were known as Lucky Stars but I liked to refer to them as Fucky Shits.

In the beginning, I had been just the photographer they hired to take picture while on tour,
nothing more. Until my 'dreadful" mistake of becoming close with them. See because I grew up with my dad leaving constantly, and touring and I knew what touring was like, I didn't want to associate with anybody who did that. But the photography job was something I couldn't pass up. So I took it, and when I became close with the guys, I became close with Foster. After nagging me over and over to go out with him, I had finally decided just one date. Which just so happened to turn into a full out relationship, and eventually to where we are now. Engaged.

It was a scary thought, but most of our relationship had been a scary thought, and riskful. But I was more than willing to go for it. Only problem was it had happened over three weeks ago, and I still hadn't told any of my family members.

I didn't know whether I was too scared to see their reactions of when they didn't even know I was dating someone, or because Foster was in a band, and I had been told all my life by my mother and father to stay away from band guys.

"Hey camera girl, you're lucky you have me to remember your camera when you don't," Foster joked, walking into the living room, and handed it to me.

"Why do I feel like you always fucking forget your camera? Isn't it suppose to be like your baby or something?" Derek questioned.

"That's a scary thought. Skkyelar and an actual baby," Mason stated looking like he had just saw something scary.

"you all are assholes. Are we ready now?" I questioned. They all nodded their heads in agreement, and I sighed. We were all headed down to Tempe. Foster had finally gotten me to take him down their to meet my parents, and the boys just decided to come along because they like road trips.

**********

"Skkyelar is never allowed to drive ever again!" Josh yelled. I smacked his arm, and he looked at me hurt.

"Hey we made it alive no more complaints," Fpster settled, though we all knew he was thinking of reasons why I couldn't drive. It wasn't that I was a bad driver or anything, I mean I obeyed all laws. They just had a problem with going fifteen miles under the speed limit, and stopping for bathroom brakes every hour.

"So what's the game plan for tonight?" Mason questioned.

"Well me, and Fos are going to my parents house. You guys are going to Payton's house, and well meet up with you guys later to go out." I told them for the tenth time.

The all nodded, and Foster and I headed over to my childhood home. Once we got there, we stood on the front porch for a second.

"Are you sure you're ready to do this?" I questioned.

"Baby, it's going to be fine. And if they don't like me, then well just move to London and become really awesome Brits," I laughed, and pressed the door bell.

"Hello-" my dad answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got this idea, and decided to go for it. Let me know what you think!

Comments are much appreciated, and so are subscriptions!