Status: Activee!

Brash and Reckless

Chapter 1

I remember the day just like any other. It was a bright, blazing afternoon in the Arizona heat. I just returned from school and mouth was watering at the mere thought of a juice box and a cookie. However, my mom was being persistent.

She said her friend Jenny just move back to town, bringing three little boys in our neighborhood. She then started yapping about how we'll be the greatest of friends.

Somehow, for some reason, she got sidetracked and ended up burning the cookies. Naturally, being five years old, I started bawling like a baby. She started flocking over me, pressing kisses to my temple.

In a spur of the moment, she dropped me off at the O'Callaghan's and drove out to the store to retrieve more mix.

I sat by the window, tears streaming down my flushed cheeks as I starred after my moms car.

"Why are you crying?"

I sniffled, glancing up to come face to face with the oldest of the O'Callaghan boys.

"My mommy left me." I blubbered

"She'll be back." He piped up, climbing onto the counter top, "I think you need a tissue. Snots never look good on someones face."

He slid frontwards, his legs dangling from the sides as he reached back, his hands groping for the box.

"Do you want any ice cream?" He questioned, not wasting a second to fling the box at me, "My momma always eats that when she cries."

My hand were outstretched, a small gasp beginning to float past my lips as my mind strayed far from the box. My eye nearly jumped out of their sockets as he lunged from the counter, successfully landing in a crouched position.

As soon as what happened registered in my mind, I forgot all about my mom abandoning me at a complete strangers house.

"You looked like a super hero!" I gushed, rushing to his side, "How did you do that?! My mom never lets me climb!"

"It's easy." He shrugged, "How 'bout I teach you?'

"Yes!" I grinned, nodding eagerly

"Can we have some ice cream first?" He asked sheepishly, "I really wanted a reason to eat it."

"Yeah, sure!"

My eyes were trained to his skinny body, following his every movement. They widened in horror as a crash rang out, seconds after the prowling began.

"Uh oh." He scratched his head

"John Cornelius O'Callaghan!"

He froze, a small put beginning to form at his lips, "Momma! It wasn't my fault!"

"Then who's fault is it?" She raised her eyebrows, emerging from around the corner

He glanced back at me, his orbs briefly locking with my very own.

"Don't you dare blame it on Fisher!" She clucked her tongue

"I wasn't!" He exclaimed, "He was crying and I wanted to feed him ice cream! You eat it when you cry."

An embarrassed expression seemed to replace the previous ones, the past events becoming forgotten.

"Well." She sighed, "Just make sure you clean up your mess."

"Okay!" He grinned, tugging a t the hem of my shirt, "Come on Fisher! What are you waiting for?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
LAWL. DONT HATE ME. IM SORRY!

You guiz can blame and or owe thanks to Sarah for convincing me to post this sooner than expected.

Annnd! I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as exciting as you planned for o__o So far, I have high hopes for the next one. It's adorable c:

PLEASE COMMENT. IT ONLY FUELS MY DESIRE TO UPDATE FASTER! >:D

I wanna thank these lovely lads for making me smile:
rock and roll. &
maxx danziger


P.S The incorrect grammar on the title page is due to the fact that I typed and posted it according to how John actually punblished it in Exaltation.