Status: Activee!

Brash and Reckless

Chapter 6

My feet padded against the sidewalk as I began walking home, my thoughts in a frantic haze. I can't believe I agreed so easily. What was I thinking? What if he thinks we're alright now? I can't even- oh my god.

I hustled up the front steps, digging my hands further into my pockets. I hesitated at the last step, glancing off down the straight at that all too familiar house before bounding inside.

"Fisher!" My mom gasped, rushing to my side. "Where on earth have you been?"

"I was-"

"Why didn't you tell me where you were?" She scolded, brushing my hair down, "Sarah got home an hour ago and said you just ran off!"

"It's true." I murmured, swatting her hands away.

"Well." She sighed, motioning for me to take off my jacket, "Do tell, where were you?"

"I was at the park." I shrugged, trailing into the kitchen.

Her footsteps were right behind me, not missing a single beat as I pulled myself up on one of the many stools that was beneath the kitchen counter.

"Alone?" She raised an eyebrow, placing her right hand on her hip.

"No, no." I shook my head, choosing my words carefully, "I was with... John."

I unzipped my jacket, sliding my arms out before folding it across my lap, glancing up at her before biting my lip, anxiously waiting for her response.

"John O'Callaghan?" She asked incredulously, "Jenny's son, John?"

How many John's does she know? No wait, allow me to rephrase the questions. How many John's have I ever made plans with? Really?

"Yes ma'am." I nodded, "That's the exact one."

"Oh, well..." She nodded, "That's lovely. Good, really. I'm sure you're excited to finally get back in touch with him, am I correct?"

I gulped, gnawing on my lip before ducking my head from her view. "Oh yeah, most definitely. We er, we actually have plans for tomorrow. You don't mind, right?"

"Oh, of course not." She waved me off, "You and John should catch up. I'm sure Jenny will love to know you two are finally reconnecting. Oh, I remember the slumber parties and hectic Halloween costumes..."

"Mom!" I whined, huffing, "Can we please not go into this?"

"Maybe another day." She offered a teasing smile.

I grumbled under my breath before jogging upstairs, purposely walking faster past Sarah's door as I headed to my very own.

Too bad the devil has ears.

Abruptly, her door swung open to reveal her in all her glory. Not. Her face, usually covered in make up, not saying it looks bad, was free of any sort of substance. Her hair was piled into a messy bun as she raised her eyebrows at me expectantly.

"Where did you go?" She inquired, narrowing her eyes.

"I had places to be, people to see." I shrugged.

"Mhmm, sure." She muttered, "Are you coming with me tomorrow?"

I shook my head, "No, I don't think so."

"Why not?" She questioned, putting her hands on her hips, "I don't think you have a reasonable explanation."

"Maybe not." I shook my head, "But I might want to sleep in and enjoy the vacancy of my house instead of being in a garage full of sweaty boys. Who knows."

"No need for sarcasm." She sighed, "I just really wish you would go. It's not going to hurt anything."

"And I really wish you would stop asking." I crossed my arms, "I am not going with you."

"Fine, fine." She huffed, stepping back into her room, "But don't come crying to me when you realize your summer is going absolutely no where."

"Trust me, I won't." I muttered, finally stepping into my room.

I reached behind me and locked the door, rubbing my hands across my face as realization seemed to hit me all at once. I wasn't given an extra second to even bury my face in my pillow before I started thinking...

I'm hanging out with John fucking O'Callaghan tomorrow. Fuck. What in the hell am I suppose to wear?
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOD. I NEED TO UPDATE FASTER. D:

rock and roll.
Hot Chelle Rae (x2)
JessicStar
deariloveyou
yournightmareXO