Status: Activee!

Brash and Reckless

Chapter 7

The sound of the alarm clock ringing was responsible for me waking up so early. I slowly rose, shoving the sheets off of me as I yawned.

I glanced over at the clock, my eyes widening as it read: nine thirty-two. I scrambled to my feet, frantically beginning my search for clean clothes. My mind began racing as time flew by, seeming to tease me as I was left with mere minutes.

After stuffing my phone in my pocket, I stumbled outside, attempting to grope around my jacket so I could zip it up. As soon as I lifted my gaze to the sky, the sound of tires screeching to a stop in my drive way was audible.

I jerked back in alarm, sheepishly ducking my head at the sound of his teasing laughter. My feet shuffled across the pavement, making my way towards his beat up truck.

"Get in." He commanded, snickering.

"It's not funny." I muttered.

"It was."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Stop sulking." He teased, "You'll live."

The truck wheeled out of the driveway, everything beginning to blur as his speed continued to increase rapidly.

"Maybe not with you driving." I gasped, clutching onto my seat belt.

"Hey, I happen to be an excellent driver!"

"Yeah, and who told you that?"

He paused, glancing at me from the side before shrugging. "No one really, just thought I should say it to reassure you."

"Oh, so you lied to me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't make it sound that bad." He huffed, "It was nothing, really."

"So now it's okay to lie?"

"Jesus fucking Christ." He muttered, laughing. "You make it sound like I just admitted to chopping up a body and sending it off a cliff."

"Wait, no one said anything-"

"Shush!"

I snickered to myself, shaking my head as he frowned, rolling his eyes at my childish antics. Sooner than what I would've liked, it grew silent. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, nervously gnawing on my lip.

He began whistling, drumming his fingers across the steering wheel, "You excited to come to my band practice?"

"I'm sure your band will love the claim of ownership." I teased, "And yes, a little."

"Hey, I'm the front man. It's my band." He bragged.

I bite my lip, unsure of what to say next. The silence was painfully awkward. I was swallowing, tugging at my collar before glancing at him.

I didn't know what to say. My mind was frantically shifting gears, desperately trying to find a topic that would suit the both of us. I forcefully swallowed, trying to busy myself by picking at my pants leg.

He cracked a small smile, shaking his head, "If I remember correctly, it was never used to be like this."

My tongue darted out, licking my bottom lip before I carefully cleared my throat. "Yeah... well, things change."

"You can sure as hell say that again." He smirked, motioning out the window.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, turning to peer outside just to see Sarah running around the yard, shrieking as Garrett threatened to grab her.

"It isn't everyday you see Garrett with a girl." He teased, "Or a girl that is your sister. Either way."

I groaned aloud, burying my head in my knees. This is great. This is just fanfuckingtastic. I was hoping I would make it here before her...

Dammit.

"You okay?"

I glanced at him, nodding, a small smile forming at the sound of concern in his voice, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. You?"

"Good. Kind of thirsty." He laughed.

"Maybe you should get something to drink." I teased, "Y'know, that could help."

"Okay, smartass."

He slowly pulled up into the yard, yanking the keys from the ignition before raising his eyebrows at me. "Ready?"

A second was wasted as he jumped out, slamming the truck door shut, pausing at the head of the truck for me. I rubbed my forehead, sighing before sliding out, balancing myself as my feet touched the ground.

Suddenly, his hand was placed on my shoulder, forcing me to look up. His face offered an encouraging smile, his eyes hidden behind his dark sunglasses.

"Don't worry 'bout it." He spoke, "You really don't have anything to be nervous about."

"Yeah, I guess not..." I mumbled.

He nodded, squeezing my shoulder before making his grand entrance by shoving the door open, yelling, "Hey, the man is here! We can now get the party started."

"I don't see him."

My eyes flickered across the room, slowly soaking up my surroundings. Everything seemed relatively normal, from the kitchen decorated in various fruit to the living room that was occupied by four guys and Sarah.

Oh boy.

"You ass face!"

I winced, sucking in my bottom lip as Sarah began making her way towards me, her arms crossed across her chest in determination.

"Hi." I offered a weak smile.

"I thought you didn't want to come!"

I ducked my head, sheepishly smiling. "I.. er, just.. not with you."

"Why the hell not?!"

"You can be somewhat obnoxious." I shrugged. "I chose to ride with John."

"When did you even see John?" She narrowed her eyes accusingly.

"Can we please continue this conversation at home?" I lowered my voice, avoiding everyone else's stares, "I don't exactly feel comfortable saying this aloud."

"Well.. sure." She sighed, huffing.

"I hate to break up this love filled, family conversation." John joked, his arm casually wrapping around my shoulder, "But if you're finished harassing my guest, I'll gladly take him back."

Sarah eyed me carefully, seeming to take in this whole fiasco before nodding, stepping back. "Yeah, sure, he's all yours."

I couldn't help but wonder if she had a second meaning to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I HAVE UPDATED.

That happens rarely now. However, I apologize. I do.. I just, I just can't seem to stay focused on updating a story long enough. I'm easily distracted and just.. yeah.

Aaaaanyways, please, tell me what you think!
:D