You Only Live Once

ten

I woke up with a huge smile on my face, today was a free day and I could use one of those. It's hard not to wake someone up in a bunk while you are sharing it with them. Today was no exception.

"Good morning." He said pulling me close to him, he was always such a good sport about waking up.

"Good morning." I wiggled my way from his arms, he let go noticing I was struggling. I made my way to the living room where they were in an intense game of madden.

"Finally you two are awake!" Vinny said giving me a morning hug.

"What time is it?" I asked heading over to my pills.

"One. We are almost to the venue so we are going to get some food once we stop." He said keeping me company.

"Good timing then." Alex came out of the bunk room fully clothed.

"Good morning nuggets." He said before coming over to us giving us a tight hug.

"I'm going to get dressed, Lex we need to talk." I smiled dragging Alex along.

"Sure what about?" He asked sitting on the floor like a little kid. I grabbed my clothes placing it on a bed.

"Who did you talk to last night and what about?" I asked. Of course I would be curious.

"Oh I talked to Kevin and some other people about Craig and what he has been saying." He said closing his eyes so I could get my underwear on.

"You are good. And what did Kevin say?" I slipped on my tank top and shorts then my flats.

"He said that Craig only has a few more days on tour so he will be leaving soon and that he will make sure he never tours on Warped Tour while we are on tour." I smiled helping him up.

"What about the other people what did they say?" I went to the bathroom applying some light makeup and brushing my teeth.

"They said that Craig hasn't really talked about anything. He just said that he doesn't like you and thinks your trash." I spat out the toothpaste trying not to cry. "Oh dear you aren't any of that. You are the most perfect princess." He said kissing my head hugging me. I smiled looking at my chipped nails. I grabbed the remover out of my bag and a few cotton balls. Nail time! I sat in the bunk room by myself, I pulled out my laptop getting on skype with my counselor.

“Hello is this Emmy?” She asked while I was taking the polish off.

“Yes this is.” I said happily like my normal self.

“Good I have been expecting your call, the doctor already talked to me about what happened so you don't have to repeat it all. So first question, how are you feeling since you woke up?”

“Pretty good actually since I woke up a bit ago.”

“That's good, have things got better or worse?”

“Better, it's a free day and Alex told me that Craig will be leaving tour in a few days so he will be gone.”

“Who is Alex and Craig?” She asked writing these things down.

“Alex is my best friend who is sharing the same bus as I am, Craig is the one who...” I trailed off still looking down.

“Okay I got it now. Do you have any plans for today?”

“Nothing set in stone yet, I will most likely just stay here with the boys.”

“That seems pretty fun, are there any other ladies around?”

“Yeah there are a few ladies. They are all really nice to me.” I started painting my nails.

“That's great you get lady time. Well how do you feel about being on the road?”

“It's pretty nice being somewhere different every day with the people you love.”

“What are your plans for after this?”

“Well my parents kicked me out of their house where I was living, I might just live with my brother or the other guys. There aren't that many days of the year where they have days at home so I could continue to live on the road.”

“Why did they kick you out?”

“I came home drunk or fucked up every night, they couldn't stand to see me like that every day. They kicked me out and told me to live with my brother.”

"That must be hard to deal with." I shrugged painting my nails a new color. "Have you been taking your pills?"

"Yes I have been daily like recommended and I haven't drank anything or took anything like the doctor told me to."

"That's good, why do you do these drugs?"

"They keep me calm and stress free. I also do them because they are around. I never take enough to OD and I never mix them. I always keep them regulated."

"Doesn't your brother worry about you?"

"I guess so, he shouldn't because I'm okay." She nodded before writing some more down.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?" She asked while I finished my nails.

"Not really. I don't know what to talk about. I'm not ready to talk about Craig."

"Well if you are done then I will see you next time correct?" I nodded and shut Skype off. I laid on the floor looking at the mirror on the roof of the bunk. Alex came into the back picking me up like a baby.

"We are here! Do you want to go to the aquarium with me?" I smiled a huge grin.

"Yes! Let me get ready first." I got up doing some light makeup on my face then parted my hair. I double checked my outfit before going to the main room where the boys were at.

"Damn you look fine!" Zack said patting my butt softly.

"Thanks Zack." I kissed his cheek before grabbing Alex's hand.

"Matty we will be back later." Matt nodded giving me a hug.

"So it's just us?" I asked walking with him to the aquarium.

"Yeah the guys thing aquariums are lame. Jack wanted to go but he isn't feeling too well." I nodded looking around.

"I feel like this outfit is too inappropriate for today. I mean look at it it shows a good amount of boobage." I said looking at my boobs.

"Uh I think it's fine really. You look pretty and that top looks good on you. It is appropriate for today." His face was red and he was stuttering.

"It's really cute when you stutter." I smiled looking at him, his face got more red.

"Thanks Em." The walk wasn't that far till we just got there. He paid for me heading to the Amazon section. There were frogs and some fish. There was a poisonous dart frog and it was the prettiest colors also! Next the piranhas.

"I'm a piranha. I'm from the amazon!" I shouted like Darla from Finding Nemo. He laughed picking me up from behind.

"You are so cute." He said walking to the next exhibit. It was the Dolphin Bay where there was a momma, a daddy, and a baby dolphin swimming around. He showed the tickets to the guard and let us through a door. We walked up a huge flight of stairs that led us outside where the dolphins were out flipping around.

"Hi would you like to meet the dolphins?" I nodded happily standing close to the tank. "Okay now this one is the momma Kai." I stuck out my hand and felt her. She was so soft.

"Alex feel her!" He came up behind me feeling her as well.

"Now since she likes you guys here is their baby Skipper." The baby was so happy to swim up and let us feel him. After I felt him a few more times I stepped away and took a picture of Alex. Alex also got to feed them including the father. I took a picture with his phone and a video with mine. I tried to hold in my laughter with him saying 'oh god' a million times. It was hilarious him freaking out about fish. After saying goodbye to them we went back downstairs to the next exhibit, jellyfishes. There were a whole bunch of tanks with crystal clear water and a bunch of different jellies in them. They all flowed so gracefully. After we're the large fishes and sharks.

"Alex lets get out of here." I said holding his hand tightly.

"What's wrong bug?"

"They are pretty scary." He laughed taking me to the next exhibit. We walked back outside where the sea turtles were. Next to them we're the alligators, I didn't care for them so I mainly payed attention to the turtles. I loved turtles a lot. They were so old and cute!

"I like turtles." Ale said messing with my hair walking to the next exhibit. There was a new stingray lagoon where we were able to touch them.

"When you look at them upside down they look like they are smiling." I said feeling one as he passed by us.

"Really I have never seen it before." I pulled out my phone that was vibrating like crazy. It was all tweets from Alex that mentioned me. I read them all smiling and retweeting them. I put them back in my pocket feeling more of them before we left. It was a huge tough lagoon filled with sea critters. Alex was going crazy touching a sea slug. I took a picture of him loving the sea slug.

"HOLY CRAP OTTERS!" I ran over to the otters pressing myself against their enclosure.

"I take it you like otters." He wrapped his arm around me holding me closer to him.

"They are precious! Look at them Lex."

"They are pretty cute."

"Look those are cuddling! And those are holding hands!" I shouted pointing at them.

"Miss do you want to hold one?" My eyes got huge while she led us to the holding area.

"I would love to." I said trying to calm down. She grabbed an otter drying him off before handing him to me.

"Just treat him like a baby. Cradle him or put him in burping position." I nodded cradling him.

"Look Alex I'm holding an otter." I smiled looking at him taking a video. Alex put his finger by his hand and the otter grabbed it holding him.

"Awe he is holding my finger." Alex said looking at him. I felt him watching him fall asleep for a bit. After a while I put him in burping position kissing his head.

"He is so adorable." After I finally calmed down I handed him back to the care taker. "Thank you." I smiled at her heading to the gift shop. There we're millions of stuffed animals an I was in awe.

"Here are the otters." Alex said pulling me to them. I was in complete amazement.

"I just want them all..." I looked at every one all in different poses.

"Get them all then." Alex smiled at me puling one of the higher ones down.

"No Lex I can't. That's a lot-" He cut me off my getting all of the ones in different positions.

"I'm buying so I say get them all." I smiled holding them close to me. There was a huge one that was three fourths my size. I carried him like a baby. This is so crazy I felt like Matt would at the Disney store.

"And last but not least. This one." I smiled at the otters holding hands. He blushed a little bit getting ready to pay. He paid for them all helping me carry the bags.

"How did you like it?" He asked leading the way.

"Alex this was the best day ever! Really it was. You made me so happy today."

"I'm glad you had fun today. Where are you gonna put these otters?" Good question, maybe my bunk?

"Maybe my bunk? Since I always sleep with you or in someone else's bunk."

"That's a great idea!" By the time we got back in the bus the boy were gone. There was a note on the table that Alex started reading. I carried my otters to the bunk arranging them nicely. I grabbed the two holding heads and put them in the center. I took a picture of them all tweeting 'Went to the zoo with @AlexAllTimeLow, he spoils me so much.' I took the baby otter and went back to Alex, he was laying on the couch with a laptop in front of him.

"The boys will be back in a hour or two. They said they will bring food by." He said sitting up putting the laptop on his lap.

"Okay, I brought a little otter friend to join us." I held him in my hands feeling his fur. We pulled up photo booth and took many pictures of us.

"Let's answer some fan questions." He said making a video. "Hey kiddies! We will be answering fan questions for two hours."

"Or at least untill everyone gets back." I said smiling.

"Ask away and the both of us are answering. Send them to the All Time Low twitter page. Have fun!" He shut off the video and sent it on twitter. Let the games begin!

[Alex Point of View]

After answering many questions from the fans the guys came bearing food. We stopped answering the questions and ate. We told them about our zoo trip and falling in love with the otters.

"Hey Alex lets talk." Rian said pulling me into the back room.

"Yeah Rian?"

"Well did you ask her?" Shit I knew this was why he pulled me back in here. "Alex I know you are in love with her and we already talked about this. You have to ask her out today. As her to dinner get all fancy and be a bit romantic!" He said to me.

"Alright alright I will. I get nervous man." I told him walking into the bunk area.

"I know man but I know you two would be perfect for each other. Just come on." Rian pushed me out where everyone was watching a movie. I sat next to Emmy, she automatically cuddled up close to me.

"Hey Emmy, would you like to go to dinner with me tonight. Just me and you. Like a date." I whispered in her ear.

"Yes I would love too!" She said excitedly, Emmy cuddled up against me and finished the movies we were watching.
It was time. I quickly got up to get dressed so she could have her time to get ready. I got a button up shirt on and some nice shoes. I got out sitting on the couch with the rest of the guys.

"Hey Vin can you help me out?" She asked him. He got up and went with her into the bunk room. I was nervous as hell. I watched the guys playing some video game trying to calm myself down. When I heard the door shut we all turned around to see her. She looked stunning. She was in a cute dress with heels to match. It was a mid thigh dress with an open back slit. Her purse and heels matched. We took a cab to a fine place for a fancy dinner she deserves.

"You look stunning." I told her once we got in the cab.

"Oh thank you Alex, you look pretty dapper yourself." Her face was red, that made her look so much more beautiful.

"I love you." Just say it Alexander. She needs to know this. She probably loves you too. Yeah right.
♠ ♠ ♠
***
***