Status: Complete (Open for editing suggestions)

Tattoos and Mistakes

Chapter One

I can see it all now. A salon filled with tables and chairs, decorated in purple cloth, containing floral centerpieces on the tables and pink ribbons wrapped around the chairs. Girls in gorgeous bright gowns and guys in expensive tuxs dancing on the small dance floor provided while the DJ plays a slow song. And on the far left of the room, in the center of the room’s left wall, there hangs a fancy banner, with the phrase “Beyond the Sea: Prom 2011” The biggest event of our senior year was happening in a yacht... and I was not there.

I was supposed to attend prom since my parents wanted me to attend a senior event due to the fact that I have been skipping out on all of the others. I just found all those things a waste of time and would rather read in my room or do some homework. But since I’ve been told to go to prom, practically forced, I didn’t object. Once they drop me off to the pier, I’d figure that I’ll get out of it somehow.

It turned out that while I was arriving, Veronica, my (sort of) ex-girlfriend, was dropping off her girlfriend, Adriana. The last time I saw her was two days ago, when she invited me to smoke a joint with her then tried to seduce me until I saw the tattoo she had of a heart and the name “Adriana” next to it, close to where her heart is. When I saw it, I left with the excuse that my parents were expecting me home soon.

She saw me standing by the curb waving good bye to my parents.
“Hey Jess, nice dress.”
I turned to her direction and saw that she was wearing a regular black v-neck with loose jeans and a pair of vans shoes. Hair pulled back in a pony tail, except for the bangs that covers most of her right eye. Her typical look.
“Thanks,” I told her, almost embarrassed. “What are you doing here by the way? Aren’t you attending prom with Violet?”
“Nah, they have strict dress codes so I won’t even bother attending. Violent wanted to attend either way since she paid for her ticket so I just dropped her off for the night.”
“Oh, well I didn’t know you were that strongly against dresses,” I laughed a bit under my breath. “I didn’t even want to attend this stupid prom but my parents practically forced me to, and in this red dress!”
“That’s too bad, but that dress looks really good on you.” There she started flirting. It’s her typical behavior around me.
“Thanks again, but I still rather not attend this. I’ll just figure something else to do. I hear that there’s plenty to do around this pier.” I hugged myself to keep me warm. I didn’t realize it was going to be cold without a sweater out here.
“How about this? There’s a house party going on to celebrate Gina’s 18th birthday. You should come along and just chill with us. More peeps from school will be there.”
Anything to get me out of there would have been good for me. “Sure. Where is this place?” I asked.
“I’ll take you there.” She said with a smirk.