Status: Complete (Open for editing suggestions)

Tattoos and Mistakes

Chapter Four

Once we arrived, she and I walked quietly inside her apartment. Her parents were asleep and we didn’t want to disturb them.
I thought that I would follow Veronica into her room just to grab a blanket and sleep in the living room, but it turned out that Veronica was offering me her bed.
“You can sleep in my bed. If you need a change of clothes, I can give you something.” She said.
“Thanks. Umm, where are you sleeping?” I asked.
She began to get closer to me, began to touch my face, and soon enough, she had her lips on mine.

If I still had the emotions from earlier on that night, I would have probably pushed her away. I would have not allowed her to kiss me, to fully take me that night. But I have to admit; I still loved her then even after what had happened.

I may have forgiven her too easily and I may have done wrong in allowing us to make love that was not supposed to be made, but it happened. Maybe it was a mistake, one that harmed an actual relationship, but then again, maybe Veronica was being sincere and it was really just an act of love and love should never be a mistake, at least not one that I’d regret.

If there’s one thing that I’ve learned from relationships, it is to never regret something that has truly made you happy. The ending of that night was one of those somethings.