Status: Thank you everyone who has stuck with me or is just now finding this. <3

My Mistake, So Predictable

Shameless

“Ouch,” I mumble, clutching my head in pain as the sound of my shattering coffee mug bounces around inside of my ears. I sigh and stare mournfully down at the glass shards scattered around my socked feet. I was really looking forward to drinking that delicious and gloriously caffeinated cup of coffee.

“Whadja do?” Tabby questions, eyes blurry as she enters the small kitchen, steps around me, and gropes around in the cabinet for another mug. I gently pat her on the head sympathetically. As trashed as I know I look, the blonde pouring a pound of sugar into her cup next to me looks like a four year old who disobeyed and refused to take a nap. Her normally straightened hair is wavy and tangled, her clothes from last night hang limply off of her skinny frame, and owlish brown eyes blink at me over her cup of steam.

“Dropped my danged coffee.” I say irritably, taking a second large mug from her. She nods in understanding, “I puked in the flowerpot.” She tells me humming along innocently with her words.

“WHAT?” I squeak, and we both hiss in annoyance as our hands fly up to cup our ears. Shoot, I had forgotten about the wicked hangovers.

“I thought we were talking about things we regret!” Tabby says as soon as both of our heads are clear.

I stare at the smaller girl, debating on whether to laugh or shove her blonde head down the garbage disposal. It’s something I threaten her with regularly but it usually does the trick.

“I know what you’re thinking.” She says with her eyes wide, setting her coffee down on the table and continuing to back out the door slowly.

I fake lunge at her and she squeals, bouncing off of the door with her hip before she shoots out the other side, cackling wickedly from the living room. She’s a crazy girl but I do love her. Hah, well sometimes. Other times I would honestly like to shove her head in places where grinded up meat usually goes. Ew, that actually sounded dirty. Not my intent but I’ll go with it anyway.

-

“So aren’t you going to ask what happened after Prince Charming carried you to your humble abode and laid you to an everlasting rest under a blanket of twinkling stars?” Tabitha asks, pausing the Disney movie we’re currently watching. In case you couldn’t tell from Tabby’s overly descriptive words, we had already watched several Disney princess movies in the last hours since the coffee incident. What? They’re the best ones! Max is supposedly out at the mall, and neither I nor Tabby has to work today, so it’s just me and her lounging on the couch and going through old boxes of sugar filled cereal. It’s a tradition for us.

“Fruity pebbles.” I say, trying to change the subject as she tosses the multi colored box to me from the other side of the sofa. I’m extremely mortified that I had gotten that way in front of Jack and Alex last night. He had carried me to bed because I was too wasted to walk there on my own? Ugh. Preferably, I would rather not relive those moments any time soon, if ever.

“I’m going to tell you anyway because you’re too much of a pansy to ask.” She eyes me, seeing right through my façade. “He wants you to call him.” Tabby says simply, turning away without saying anything else. I’m not going to ask. It’s what she wants. I won’t ask. I won-
“Did he say anything else?” Wuss.

She turns to grin triumphantly at me and hands me another box of cereal as my prize for giving in to her evil scheme. Beaten, I chow down on the last few bites of Cap’n Crunch and wait impatiently for her to answer.

“Weellll, he said he had a fabulous time and you look awfully cute whenyou’repukingyourgutsout.” The last of her sentence is rushed and I feel flames erupt on my cheeks. She chuckles at my obvious embarrassment.

“Oh.” I mumble into the box, faking interest in the calorie count on the side. 130 calories with skim milk? This is extremely fascinating information!

She laughs and snatches the box away from me, placing it on the floor and out of my reach. “I don’t think it’s about anything bad, so chill.” She pauses and chuckles, “But you do look adorable when you’re upchucking.”

I throw her a glare and she squeaks, stumbling backwards over the armrest of the couch until she lands with a thump on the ground.

“Meanie.” She pouts from out of my line of vision.

I laugh and steal my box of cereal back, “You know I love you, you crazy little nut.”

I hear her giggle and then I quickly duck with a curse as a pillow attacks the side of my face. I hear her chuckle and I toss the pillow back over the side. Still giggling I pull my hair back into a ponytail and quietly start building a bunker on the couch. Tabby peeks over the side of the couch at me and grins cheekily. “War?” She guesses, sneakily grabbing as many of the pillows as she can before I notice. I grin and nod as solemnly as I can without bursting into laughter.

It’s so on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tons and tons of love to alleson for commenting! <3

121 readers, and 35 subcribers. :D That's so flipping awesome guys, thank you!! So I figured I'd throw up an update! Leave me some feedback while I'm at the gym? (: