Status: Thank you everyone who has stuck with me or is just now finding this. <3

My Mistake, So Predictable

Guts

Jack’s POV

I scroll down to Matt Flyzik’s name in my phone and press call, easing my car around some idiot who had their car door open as I pull out of the parking lot of the guitar store and onto the road on my way to the studio. I need to put the finishing touches on my plan and Flyzik is part of it. I need to get him to agree with it.

“’Sup?” He answers after a few rings and I can hear his television blaring obnoxiously loud in the background.

“Really, dude? Dora the Explorer?” I smirk.

“It’s a commercial, asshole.” He snaps back. “And it’s not that bad of a show.” Flyzik defends with a chuckle.

I roll my eyes and choose to ignore him by changing the subject. “You know that charity show we’re supposed to be playing tomorrow?” I ask him.

“We were supposed to have a show tomorrow?” He asks sarcastically and I can imagine him rolling his eyes at me.

“Shut up, Flyzik. I can’t play the show.” I tell him.

He bursts out laughing and I pull the phone away from my ear, “Good one, Barakat. Your butt had better be there an hour early with you signature shit eating grin on your face and you better be ready to play the show of your life.”

“I’m serious!” I insist. “I sprained my wrist so I won’t be able to play.”

“Did you sprain your brain too?” He asks. “What the heck could you have done in the three hours since I last saw you to sprain your wrist?”

I start to answer but he interrupts me, “Never mind, Barakat. I really don’t need to know what you do in your spare time.” He clears his throat, “I guess we’ll have to cancel. I don’t think we’ll be able to find a guitarist in time and I have other things that I’m supposed to be doing tomorrow so I won’t be able to fill in.”

“No!” I shout too quickly and he stops talking immediately. “I mean, it’s for charity, we can’t cancel.” I cover. “I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find another guitarist last minute.”

“Anyone come to mind?” He asks.

I pause, “What about Hailey?”

“Hailey? The Hailey that made Alex get so worked up that he has the hangover of his life and is late to practice; making himself lose the bet he was so confident he would win?”

I chuckle, I had forgotten about the bet; all of us were betting on him losing.

“I don’t know if having Hailey play for you is such a great idea, Jack.” He continues.

“I already talked to Alex.” I lie quickly, hoping Alex really doesn’t mind that much in the end. “He said that it’s fine if she fills in for me.”

He hesitates for a second then agrees. “It’s only a few songs; so I guess its fine with me if you guys are okay with it.”

“Of course.” I insist.

“Are you almost here?”

“On my way. I just have to make a stop and I’ll be there.” I smirk, “There’s no way I’m missing Alex finally get what’s coming to him.”

He laughs, “I’ll see you soon, Barakat.”

“Bye.” I say and turn into the parking lot of the local pharmacy just as we hang up. I might as well make the fake sprain look authentic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! It's pretty fillerish but now I can get on with the rest of the plot, I'm excited!

Oh and does anyone have any tips for poison ivy? I've had it tons of times but only ever on the same spot on my arm. Now it's on my... face ugh. It's a tiny spot but it's irritating as hell and the lotion stuff makes me want to rip my skin off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and what about the return of Jack's skunk hair? Any thoughts? I love it, I'm so pumped for Warped tour now. :D