Status: Thank you everyone who has stuck with me or is just now finding this. <3

My Mistake, So Predictable

Lullabies

Hailey’s POV

I assume that it’s morning when I groggily open my eyes and stare confusedly around the sunlit room. It takes me a second just like it has the last few days to remember where the heck I am and I sigh in relief when I do. When I try and stretch, the tightness of the blankets around my limbs constricts and I pull sharply at the fabric with what little strength I have, since my arms are tucked under the blanket and only my hands are sticking out.

“What the-“I frown; damnit why on earth is it so tight. Finally after several attempts, I tug extra hard and manage to pull free and I grin in triumph, fist pumping the air with my now free arms. “I conquered you, you pain in the a-“

A muffled grunt sounds through the room and I slowly look over the side of the bed at the floor where a pair of tangled limbs and messy bed hair greets me. Oops.

I laugh loudly and Alex looks up at me, giving me a disapproving frown while he rubs his butt.

“That hurt!” He pouts and I shrug down at him.

“Sorry,” I giggle, trying to force myself to stop by placing my hand over my mouth. In one motion he pushes himself off of the floor and flops down across my legs and the bed so he’s spread eagle and a dead weight.

I groan and push at his lanky body, “Get off of me, fatty!” I joke, poking his sides.

His laugh almost sounds like a giggle and I press harder into his ribs as an experiment. “You’re ticklish!” I exclaim, amused at my findings.

“Nuh uh!” But his squirming and attempt at held back laugher gives him away immediately. “Payback!” He suddenly screeches and I back away from him wide eyed.

“I’m not ticklish.” I half lie. I’m really not sure if I am or not, actually, but he doesn’t need to know that.

Alex side smirks and reaches out his long fingers, “Actually,” He laughs, “You are.”

I try to dodge his hands and I scramble at the edge of the bed, my feet still tucked under his body and the blankets I had defeated earlier.

As I inch back a little further, I stop feeling the bed and only feel empty space with my hands. “ALEX!” I suddenly shriek and feel myself topple over the edge of the bed and onto the floor, my knees still hanging on the side of the bed in a pathetic attempt to save myself.

A shaggy headed, grinning boy peaks over the side at me and he convulse in laughter. “Hails, you look absolutely hysterical.” He chuckles but graciously holds out a hand to help me up.

I take his hand and let him think he’s pulling me up before I grin evilly and grasp his hand with both of mine and tug hard enough to make him topple dangerously on the very edge of the bed.

His eyes widen and he rocks back and forth for a moment before he catches himself with a proud grin. “Hah!” He exclaims a second too soon.

I yank the blanket under his legs in one last attempt to dislodge him and he flies off of the bed and lands next to my legs, his face slamming down onto my stomach and the air to rush out of my mouth.

“Owww.” I whine but I can’t help but laugh when I remember the shocked face he had made a second before. “You’re fac- ha, oh my gosh!” I cackle and he grins at me as he pushes himself up onto his forearms into a more comfortable position on the hardwood floor.

I hold my stomach as I stare up at the ceiling, still cracking up. I can’t remember the last time that I had laughed so hard.

Alex’s amused smile finally comes into my vision and I question his inquiring face.

He pauses for a second while he looks around the room, “It’s just, I haven’t seen you this happy since the accident.” Alex muses, “You’ve been pretty upset for awhile and you laughing is like you’re bringing back the old you.”

“Well I’m sorry I’ve been so hard to be around.” I snap, pushing myself off the ground angrily.

He gives me a wide eyed look and then scrambles up next to me, reaching to grab my wrist before I can pull away, “That’s not what I meant at all, Hailey!”

I snatch my hand away, “Forget it, Alex. I’m sorry I’ve been so horrible.” I mutter and then I leave him standing confused in the middle of the bedroom as I head to the bathroom.

--

After I strip down and duck under the hot water streaming from the shower head, I think back over what he had said and why it had angered me. I frustratingly yank my fingers through my thick hair and lather some conditioner in.

I don’t even know why it had made me so mad, honestly. I just feel like I’m a burden on him and I don’t know how to get back to who I used to be- since I don’t even remember who I was. It’s so frustrating and it’s all that I can think about.

When I had completely got the thick soap through my hair I sniff the air and groan loudly; I had accidently grabbed Alex’s on accident and now I not only smelled like a male, but like Alex too. Freaking fantastic.

I don’t want to waste more soap just to change the smell, so I finish up everything else I need to do and leave the comforting shower regretfully. I shiver before wrapping a thick towel around me and peeking out the door. With the coast clear, I dash across the hallway and into the empty room- I guess Alex had left.

After I slip into a pair of old sweatpants and band tee, I stretch out across the guestroom bed and thoughtfully drum my fingers on my phone.

It only takes me a minute before I make my decision, calling up one of the few people who would hopefully be able to tell me what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys, I can't even handle it. Thank you so much for sticking with me and this story and continuing to comment. I love you all so much with every single part of me. (:

I'm so sorry about this fillerish, blegh chapter and not updating. I was at Warped in Scranton and Warped in Camden last week so I was recovering for awhile and before that, I really don't have an excuse.

Oh and Jack Barakat looked down at me, pointed, smiled and winked. I just about died.

Has anyone gone to Warped or are planning to? (:

Also, is anyone listening to The Gunz Show? Alex and Jack will be on in a bit. :)