Status: Thank you everyone who has stuck with me or is just now finding this. <3

My Mistake, So Predictable

To Live and Let Go

Hailey’s POV

past

“Hey! I’m Tabitha!” A younger version of the girl I know now says. Then suddenly I’m in what I think is her basement, tuning my guitar when a small Max walks in. His hair is shorter, and I can tell it’s him even though he has a baby face and he’s about two feet shorter.

She says something official like ‘thank you for coming to the first official band practice for the most awesome band in existence’ and we all laugh and applaud; Max even pressing his fingers to his mouth so he can whistle loudly.

Then we’re playing a horrible cover of some song we butchered so terrible I’m not even sure what it is and we all grin anyway.

“That was absolutely horrible.” Tabitha laughs, leaving her mike stand so she can flop down onto the old patched couch they put down in their basement.

“It’s wasn’t so bad.” Max argues, laying across the couch and placing his feet into Tabitha’s lap.

I wander over to the arm of the couch and sit there, leaning back against the couch to stare thoughtfully at my guitar before speaking a moment later. “Maybe someday we’ll have a concert.” I muse and everyone hums in response.

“I just want to get somewhere,” Max chimes in, swinging his feet down to the ground so he can stand up and stretch. “A small show will work for me; just a small group of kids who are there to support us would mean the most.”

I turn to smile at him and agree, “Screw being big, if it happens, it happens.”

“Hear hear.” Tabitha laughs.

[Present]

A now older Tabitha looks over at me, worry etched onto her face. I wave her off and send her a small reassuring smile and remember what my doctor had told me at one of the appointments after my accident where I really hadn’t payed too much attention.

“Remembering something that’s important to you is a huge step in the recovery process. If you can remember anything like that, you’re on the road to success.”

Now I know what he had been talking about the whole time. There are few things that mean a lot to me and music is one of them. Starting a band with my best friends had been one of the best things that had ever happened to me and I had remembered when it first became something real in my life.

My fingers meet up on the guitar and I fill in my places, finishing the first song with ease; only missing a note or two which I brush off and quickly forget about.

When the song fades out, I reach for my own mic, smiling out at the crowd. I can’t see Alex, but I know he’s out there somewhere and that makes me smile wider. “Hey guys, you’re an absolutely awesome crowd!” They cheer back and I laugh, “I just wanted to say thank you for being here to support us, tonight! When we were in high school, we were doing shitty covers in Tabitha’s basement so being here is huge for us. The first time we got together to practice Max, our drummer, said that if all he ever played was a small show that that would be enough for him. Being close to all of you guys, having you support us, that would make him happy.”

I smile at my friends, “Now don’t get confused, he didn’t mean he doesn’t want to be big. But knowing that you guys came out to support us is just an awesome feeling and you guys are amazing and I just wanted to tell you that.”

The crowd whistles and cheers to respond and from where I’m standing I can see tears on Tabitha’s cheek. “You remembered?” She mouths and I nod.

Small step on the road to recovery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, there is literally one chapter left. That's it. It's been a long time. I think I'm going to update on October 9, since that's when Don't Panic is going to be released. :D

All my love to:
heeytara - That's awesome! <3
starklight - Thank you for the input, and for the 100th comment! :D I'm torn right now, but we'll see. (: