She Will Be Loved

Angel

Snow fell around me, as I stood in the meadow. It covered the ground in a white blanket. I know this place, I thought to myself. But I couldn't figure out how I knew it. It wasn't like the meadows around where I live. It was different. Not only that, but it was snowing. It never snows in Texas, at least, not this much. There are a couple of winters where we got snow, but never this much. There must be at least an inch on the ground here.

"Phoenix." I heard someone say my name. I turned, but there didn't find anyone. I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned towards the movement, but again, found nothing.

"Phoenix." Ok now this is getting creepy. I turned a full circle, but still didn't find anything.

"Hello? Who's out there?" I called. No answer.

"Come on out! Stop being a coward!" I yelled, trying to cover up the fear in my voice.

"Phoenix." I turned around once again, but this time, came face to face with my mother. My eyes got wide as I took in her appearance. I hadn't seen her since I fell.

"Mom?" I choked out. I reached out to touch her, but as I did, she took a step back, confusing me.

"Phoenix, this is a dream. You can't touch me." She shook her head.

"Mom, why are you here? You could get in trouble." I said.

"I had to warn you."

"Warn me? About what?" My voice was full of worry.

"Something bad is going to happen. Lu-" She was cut off as the scene started to shake.

"You're waking up." She said as she started to disappear.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"You have to leave. I'll talk to you again, I promise." With that, she was gone. I was left standing in the meadow for a few seconds, before my eyes shot open. I stared into the eyes of my best friend, Charlie.

"Why!" I yelled at her. She immediatly backed up.

"Why what?" She asked, the fear evident in her voice.

"Why did you wake me up! I was talking to my mother! She was going to tell me something important, warn me about something, then you had to wake me up!" I yelled. I was so angry, that I barely even saw her cringe.

"I-I'm sorry. We were going to be late." She said. I noticed how she was now backed into a wall. I took a deep breath to calm down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you." I said, once I was calm. Almost immediatly she was back to her normal, perky self.

"It's ok. I'll be downstairs with the boys." She walked out of my room and closed my door. 'The boys' were my other friends, Griffin and Caden. All of us lived with our guardian/mentor Cameron.

You're probably wondering what I mean by mentor. See my friends and I are... unique. By unique I mean, we aren't human. Cameron, our mentor, is a witch. Charlie is a mai, a child of the egyptian goddess Baset. She has the powers of a cat, which is actually pretty cool. Griffin is Charlie's step brother, he's a werewolf. Caden, Griffin's best friend, is a werewolf. He and Charlie are always fighting, I guess you can figure out why. Then there's me.

I'm a fallen angel. I used to live up in heaven with my mom. One day, I saw a boy on earth. I thought he was perfect. He seemed so nice. As I continued to watch him, I fell in love with him. So, one night, when everyone was asleep, I snuck down to earth. I spent a week on earth and I finally realized that the boy wasn't as nice as I thought. Something tragic happened. I wanted to go back to Heaven, but once you're on earth, you can't go back up to heaven. God said he'd let me back in if I proved to him that I deserved it. I guess, I haven't proved that to him yet, as I'm still stuck on earth while my mom is in Heaven.

"Why do you have to be such a dick!" I heard Charlie yell as I made my way downstairs. No doubt she was fighting with Caden again.

"What's going on?" I sighed, grabbing a cup of coffee

"The usual." Griffin smiled at me.

"Don't you just love mornings." I rolled my eyes as I took a seat beside him.

"So, Charlie said that you dreamt of your mom." He said hesitantly.

"Not a dream. She called me. She told me she had something important to tell me, but Charlie woke me up before she could tell me." Calling is when an angel contacts a fallen angel through their dreams. It's also forbidden unless you can get permission from God himself, and that's very unlikely.

"I'm sorry. Did she say what it was about?" He was trying to be helpful, and I apreciated it.

"Just that she had to warn me about something bad that was going to happen. She started to say something else, but that's when I woke up."

"Hey guys!" Cameron said as he walked into the kitchen. I looked up at him suspiciously. He was never this happy in the mornings.

"Who'd you bang last night?" Caden asked, obviously thinking the same thing I was.

"Excuse me? For your information I didn't 'bang' anyone. Not that it's any of your business." He muttered darkly.

"Then why are you so happy?" Charlie asked.

"Well, I've found another one." He smiled again.

"Another one? Of us?" I asked.

"Yes. He'll be here after you guys get home from school."

"What's his name?" Griffin asked.

"Damon." My body froze.

"Wh-what is he?" I asked. Griffin looked at me concerned.

"He said he wanted to tell you guys himself." Oh no.