She Will Be Loved

Vampire

Griffin's pov

I watched as Phoenix froze up. What was wrong? She had this scared/worried look on her face when Cameron told us the name of the new guy. Why was she worried? More importantly, why was she scared.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked Phoenix as we drove to school. I was driving and Phoenix was in the passenger seat while the cat and dog was arguing in the back. Phoenix had been silent ever since Cameron didn't tell us what Damon was. She seemed to be lost in thought, but she also had that samed worried look on her face, plus she was biting her lip, something she only does when she's really nervous.

"Huh? Oh, uhh yea." She nodded, giving me a quick smile. But I didn't believe it. I've known Phoenix for a long time. I knew when something was bothering her.

"Phoenix, you know you can tell me whats wrong." I glance at her before looking back at the road. I like Phoenix, and not just the friendly like, I mean like 'like' her. I have since we first met. I hated seeing her upset or worried, especially scared. I don't want her to be worried or scared. Seeing her like this makes me want to make everything better for her.

"Really, Griff, I'm fine." She said, once again smiling, but I could still see right through it.

"You don't look fine." I muttered to myself as we pulled up to the school, but I didn't push the subject. I would find out what's wrong and then I would take care of it. We all got out of my black Lexus is350, and walked to school. As usual, all eyes were on us as we made our way to our classes. What can I say? Being part of the supernatural makes you supernaturally hot.

"For once, why can't we just walk the halls without being stared at like we're some celebrity?" Charlie sighed quietly. Charlie hates attention. She's more of the shy type, until you get to know her at least, then you'll probably wish you didn't know her. She was very talkative and energetic with people that she knew and felt comfortable around, which is only our small group.

"Because we're hot and people know it. Embrace the attention Char." Caden said happily, putting his arm around Charlie's shoulders. She glared at him and elbowed his stomach. It didn't hurt him, but he got the idea and dropped the arm. Caden is the complete opposite of Charlie. Charlie hates attention and Caden can't get enough of it.

"Hey Phoenix." Adam, Phoenix's ex as of Saturday, said as he walked up to us.

"What Adam?" Phoenix sighed, stopping at her locker. Charlie and Caden kept walking, too busy arguing to notice anything. I swear, those guy fight like an old married couple. I stayed beside Phoenix to make sure Adam didn't do anything.

"Look, I know you said you didn't want to talk to me anymore-"

"Then why are you talking to me?" Phoenix interrupted him.

"I just wanted to say sorry. I mean, it was a one time thing. I-I don't even know why I did it. I was drunk." Phoenix slammed her locker door shut and turned to Adam.

"Adam, I really don't have time for this ok? I have more important things to deal with then you cheating on me. Come on Griffin, we're going to be late." She grabbed my arm and we started to walk away.

"Stupid bitch." I heard Adam mumble. It was so low that any human wouldn't have been able to hear it, but I wasn't human. I pulled my arm from Phoenix and walked back to Adam, who had already turned around. I grabbed his shoulder, turned him around, and punched his face.

"What the fuck!" Adam yelled, his hand over his mouth. The smell of blood rushed through my nose and I knew his lip was now bleeding and probably swollen and bruised. I could feel my eyes start to change, but I tried to fight it.

"She's not a bitch." I growled quietly at him. He stared at me in shock.

"Griffin! Come on! We have to leave!" Phoenix said, pulling my arm.

"You're right, she's not a bitch, she's just a slut." He sneered at me. I couldn't fight the change in my eyes any longer. The veins in my face slowly started to come out, but I didn't care. I wanted to make him eat his words.

"Griffin!" Phoenix yelled, panicked. I looked down at her and her eyes got wide with shock. Shit! Phoenix had never seen my vamp look until now. I wanted to keep it from her, afraid that it would scare her. I turned back to Adam who was looking shocked, scared, and confused all at once. I quickly punched his stomach, making him double over.

"Come on." I grabbed Phoenix's arm and practically ran out of the hallway with my face down. I ran into an empty classroom with Phoenix behind me.

"What the hell Griffin?!" Phoenix yelled at me as we closed the door.

"Be quiet, Phoenix. Yelling at me is not going to make my face go back to normal." I said as clamly as I could.

"Then tell me why you punched him!"

"Because he called you a bitch and a slut!" I yelled back.

"I know he did! I heard him too! You should have let me handle it!"

"Let you handle it?! You were just going to keep walking! I'm not going to sit back and watch you get called a bitch and a slut and not do anything about it!"

"Why not?!"

"Because I lo-... because you're my best friend." I almost slipped up, but caught myself.

"That doesn't give you the right. You almost lost it back there, Griff. You went vamp and Adam seen you. You were going to seriously hurt him."

"I'll compel him to forget about it." I shrugged, feeling my face and eyes finally go back to normal.

"That's not the point Griffin. What if that hall wasn't empty? What if Adam hadn't been the only one there to see you? What if that whole hall was filled with students who saw you? You can't compel them all."

"I know Phoenix. Look, I'm sorry ok? I just lost it when he called you those names." I shook my head.

"I know. Just try to control yourself next time. And remember, just because I'm an angel, doesn't mean I can't protect myself." She smiled at me.

"Come on, we better get to class." I sighed, smiling back at her.

"Hey Griff?" She asked. I turned back to face her.

"Yea?"

"Thanks for sticking up for me."
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe <3VampirePrincess15<3