She Will Be Loved

Mai

Charlie's pov

Griffin and Phoenix walked in almost three minutes after the bell. That was strange. Griffin has been late before, but Phoenix was the most punctual person I've known, human or not.

"Wonder where they were." Caden whispered so only I could hear. I shot him a look, hearing the suggestion in his voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I whispered back angerily.

"Oh please, like you haven't seen the looks Griffin gives Phoenix. He's liked her since he first laid eyes on her. My guess, Phoenix finally returns the feelings." Caden smirked.

"Whatever. I think I would know if my brother was crushing on my best friend, or if she was crushing on him." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, Griffin doesn't know about us." He winked at me. My cheeks heated up in embarassment. Caden and I have been seeing each other for a while now. We haven't told anybody yet though. I mean, Griffin would flip if he found out. So we decided to just keep it quiet.

"Hey. What'd we miss?" Phoenix asked as she took her seat beside me. My and Caden's conversation was forgotten as I glanced at her. Since I was a mai, I could feel other people's emotions, or in more simple words, an empath. Phoenix was really happy, way different than earlier when she was worried and scared. What happened during those fifteen minutes Phoenix and Griffin were alone?

"Not much. We're just taking notes." I said, suspiciously, earning a confused look from Phoenix.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing... you just seem... different from this morning when Caden and I left." A smile started to spread across her face. What the fuck! Did they do something?! How could they do this to me?! I thought I could trust them! I thought I could trust Phoenix!

"Miss Dupree, do you have a question?" My head snapped up, noticing the teacher looking right at me.

"Uh... no." I shook my head.

"Then please, be quiet." I nodded my head and went back to taking notes. After our class was over, Phoenix and I walked to our next class while the boys went to their class.

"So... what happened this morning? I mean, after Caden and I left?" I asked, trying not to sound like I was suspicious or anything.

"Well, after you and Caden left, arguing once again, Adam came up to me. Griffin stayed behind, I guess to make sure Adam didn't do anything. You know, he's never really liked Adam." She said thoughtfully.

"Yea, I wonder why." I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, anyways, I told Adam that I didn't want to talk to him and Griffin and I left. But then Adam called me a bitch, quietly." She gave me a look and I knew what she meant. Any human wouldn't have been able to hear what he said, but Griffin isn't human.

"Oh no." I whispered, worriedly.

"Yea, so Griffin went back and punched Adam in the face."

"Did he vamp out?" I asked.

"Not then. But I almost got him to walk away, but Adam had to open his stupid mouth and call me a slut. Then he vamped out."

"Oh no. Please tell me he didn't bite him."

"No, he didn't. But, he did punch him in his stomach, before we left. So anyways, we went into a classroom."

"You what?!" I knew it! They did do something!

"We went into a classroom, for him to calm down. What'd you think we did?" She gave me a suspicious look.

"Oh. Sorry. nothing." I shook my head.

"Anyways, I started to yell at him because he was being stupid and could have exposed us all. He said he wasn't going to sit back and watch me get called a bitch and a slut, that's why he punched him. I asked why he couldn't when I didn't do anything about it. He said he cared about me, that I was his best friend. I'm just glad to know that if something happens, Griffin will be there for me." She got that same smile on her face. Something told me she wasn't telling me something. I had to ask her.

"You don't like him do you? I-I mean... like 'like' him?" I bit my lip. She looked at me, the smile completely gone from her face.

"Uh, what? N-no. I don't like him like that. H-He's just a friend." She shook her head. I smiled at her, relieved.

"Good. I-I mean, because you could do so much better than my brother." I said quickly, not wanting her to think the wrong thing.

"Uh... yea." She nodded her head. We were almos to our class when I felt somebody pull me away and into a supply closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to tell you guys, I got Charlie's character from the Nine Lives of Chloe King. Watch the show, it's amazing! That's also you can learn more about Mai from this show. :D <3VampirePrincess15<3