She Will Be Loved

Angel 2

Phoenix's pov

"So, are you going to tell me what had you upset this morning?" Griffin asked as we sat down at our usual lunch table. Charlie and Caden were still getting their lunches. Griffin didn't eat, obviously, so he didn't get a lunch, and I always bring my lunch because frankly, the school's lunch sucks ass.

"I already told you, it was nothing." I said, taking a bit of my salad.

"Oh that's right, you're fine. I was completely imagining the worried look on your face." He rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his 'juice' that he brings to lunch. It was the only thing he would drink.

"Why are making this such a big deal?" I sighed.

"I told you, I care about you." He looked down at the table, missing the slight blush in my cheeks as I remembered this morning. Something happened while we were in that classroom. I don't know what, but I started to get this really weird feeling. It was almost like I liked him, and not just in the 'friend' like either.

I mean it's not like I haven't noticed Griffin before. I even had a small crush on him when I first met him. It wasn't just his looks either. It was the way he acted, his personality. But those feelings quickly went away when I met Charlie and became friends with her. You can't get involved with your friend's siblings, it makes your friendship awkward, especially if you and said sibling break up.

This morning when he was 'defending me', as he called it, I swore I could feel those feelings come back. When we had got to the classroom, it was like those feelings disappeared and was replaced with anger. But when he told me that he wasn't going to sit back and watch me get called thosee names, those feelings flared up again and I knew this time they wouldn't go away.

I almost told him that I liked him. I mean he must feel the same way right? After all, a 'just friend' wouldn't almost kill a guy for calling me names, and if you saw Griffin's face you could tell he was ready to kill Adam. It was a good thing I asked why, otherwise I would have been embarassed. He didn't like me like that. I was just one of his best friends.

"I know a guy named Damon." I said quietly, but I knew Griffin could hear me when his head snapped up.

"You did?" He asked.

"Yea. We um... we used to date. H-he was actually the reason why I came here, to earth. I thought he was the sweetest guy ever and I just had to know him." I could feel my eyes fill up with tears as I thought of how I left heaven for a guy I didn't really know.

"What happened?" There was an edge to his voice, and I could help but smile knowing that he was getting protective again.

"We met and we dated for about two months. After that first month, he started to change. I noticed that he was getting in a lot of fights. I learned that he was stealing from stores and people that he didn't know. We started to get into some arguments. One night we got into this big arguement. He put a guy in the hospital, he was in a coma. He was getting even madder when I was yelling at him. Then it happened. His face changed." I paused remembering the face. Seeing Griffin's vamp face this morning had brought back the memories of Damon's face.

"He was a vampire?" Griffin asked. I let out a short laugh and shook my head.

"God no, I wish. He was a demon. His face had shocked me and he took that time to attack me. He slammed me against the wall. I guess its a good thing I'm an angel. I used my powers to push him back and I got the hell out of dodge." I finished.

"That's when you came here?"

"Yup." I nodded my head.

"And he's back?" He asked.

"I don't know that Griffin. I mean, for all I know, this Damon guy could be a freaking fairy. Damon's not that uncommon of a name you know." I sighed.

"I swear if it's him, I will kill him." I looked up into Griffin's eyes and saw that the normally soft, kind eyes, were now pitch black and hard.

"Kill who?" Charlie asked as she and Caden took their seats at our table.

"Nobody." I said quickly.

"Nobody? Griffin doesn't just threaten anybody, so who was it?" Caden asked, glancing between Griffin and me.

"Adam. He came up to me in the halls again." I said quickly.

"God, that guy does not know when to give up. I think I may have to mai on his ass." Charlie said.

"No. It's fine. I told him to leave me alone and I think he will now."

"Well, if he doesn't, you just tell us and Griffin and I will kick his ass for ya." Caden winked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe <3VampirePrincess15<3