Status: Coming Soon:)

Don't Give up on 'Us'

R a l e i g h ;

I woke up later to darkened room; I looked at the clock beside me which told me it was 9:30PM. I had slept all day which only made me feel groggy. I heaved a sigh before pulling myself from the bed and headed into the bathroom to take a shower.

Coming out of the bathroom I felt fresh- wanting to feel comfortable I found some clean pyjamas and put them on before heading out to the kitchen to find some food to settle my stomach. There wasn’t much to choose from, seeing as I hadn’t gone to the grocery store today. I shut the cabinet door, before taking an orange from the fruit bowl and heading down to the living room where I plopped myself down onto the couch, flicking on the TV. A while later there was a soft knock at the door, a bit weary of who could be visiting at this time of night I walked into the hallway, slowly opening the door to find Garrett and Danielle stood there- before I could say anything they had both engulfed me into a bone crushing hug.

“Oh Leigh, we were worried sick!” Garrett gasped as he pulled out of the hug.

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?” Danni hissed, which I replied by rolling my eyes.

I turned around, as they followed my into the living, Garrett shutting the front door behind him.

“I’m fine- look” I pointed to myself “I’m not dead or anything” I said sarcastically.

“No, but you could have been Leigh!” Garrett yelled hysterically. “Why the fuck did you run off so quickly last night?!” he added just as loudly.

“I-uh-well-” I started before Garrett cut me off again.

“We went after you, but you disappeared! We couldn’t find John either! What happened last night?”

“HE CHEATED ON ME!” I yelled, my voice catching in my throat as the tears poured down my cheeks.

Garrett and Danni’s faces both paled, their jaws dropped in shock as they both stuttered for words, when it was evident that they couldn’t find the right words to say, they both cuddled up with me on the couch, my head resting on Garrett’s shoulder as he gently rubbed my back trying to soothe my heaving chest.

“Did you know who the girl was, Leigh?” Danni asked, moving the stay hairs that were stuck to my face behind my ear.

I nodded my head slowly.

“Alison” I muttered, just above a whisper.

Danni’s face transformed quickly, she looked mad. I swear if it was possible, steam would be escaping from her ears. Before I could tell her to calm down, she was half way out the door, slamming it shut behind her. That couldn’t be good. I looked up at Garrett, who looked pretty pissed, he looked down at me, his blue eyes filled with anger but he composed himself when he saw the tears in my eyes.

“She’s probably gone to kick his ass” he smiled weakly. “But she’d have to find him first. We haven’t seen him since last night” he sighed.

I just shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m sorry I yelled earlier, but being one of my best friends I was really worried about you. I always imagine the worse, you know that” he mumbled, as he kissed my forehead.

“I know, don’t worry about it Gare. I appreciate that you care, honestly. I’m just over emotional I guess” I stifled a laugh.

“But you have every right to be. I can’t believe he did this to you, Leigh. I thought he loved you, maybe it was just a mistake?” he spoke, unsure of his words.

“I don’t know, Gare. I honestly don’t know. Maybe he was just using me until she returned because let’s be honest it was going to happen sometime”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, i'm not sure if starting off with drama is good...but my last story i did this for worked out really well. I don't know. I guess you guys can tell me what you think. Thanks so much for the comment Laobows, the four subscribers and the seventeen readers! :'D Please tell me what you think of this chapter! :) <3