Status: In Progress.

Running From Lions

Life Like This

As I stared at myself in the mirror, I took in my appearance carefully. I could barely recognize myself. My green eyes, once lively and gleaming, were dull. They looked as if they had no life left in them. My ghostly skin was pale from lack of sun. I barely went out of the house anymore unless I had to. I was also a lot skinnier than it used to be. I didn't really have an appetite anymore. It was all because of that one night. That one night that I had everything taken from me. I wish I could erase it from my memory. I was haunted by it everyday. No one knew what was wrong with me. I had never told anyone about what had happened.

I looked away from the mirror quickly as I felt tears come to my eyes. I couldn't take looking at myself anymore. I was disgusted and ashamed. I had felt that way for over a month since it had happened to me. Something I never thought would happen to me, but did.

I heard a knock on my door as the tears kept falling. I wiped them away quickly and cleared my throat.

"Come in," I said, trying to make my voice sound calm.

"Hi, sis," my older brother, John, said as he walked in. "What's up?"

"Not much," I said not facing him. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I not drop by to visit anymore?" he asked.

"Sure," I said. "I was just wondering."

It was silent for a little while as I pretended to be busy putting things away.

"Well, I did actually stop by for a reason," he said as he sat down on my bed. "I have something to ask you."

"What would that be?" I asked.

"You know how me and the guys are going on tour soon, right?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. "So?"

"So, we were wondering if you would like to join us," he said as he smiled. "I know you've always wanted to come along with us."

He was right. I had always wanted to go along with them, but our parents would never let me. They would say it was not an atmosphere for a girl to be in, but I was of age so they had no say so.

"Really?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"Have you been crying?" he asked, quickly.

"No," I said. "So you really mean it? I can go if I want?"

"Of course," he said. "We would like for you to come along with us. You haven't been yourself lately. It would be good for you to get away for a little while. Plus, you can do our laundry for us."

"I hope that last one was a joke," I said to him.

"Maybe, maybe not," he said as he shrugged. "What do you say? Want to come along with us?"

"Yes!" I squealed, excitedly. "You know I do."

"Good," he said. "All Time Low is going to be on tour with us, too. You like them don't you?"

"Yeah," I said. "Well, I like their music. I don't know them personally."

"They're cool guys," he said as he stood up. "You'll like them. Well, I should probably get going."

"Thank you, John," I said as I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"You're welcome," he said. "See ya later."

I smiled a real smile for the first time in over a month. I was finally getting to go on tour with my brother and the rest of the guys. I was going to be away from Arizona. That was just what I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it :). Please comment and let me know if I should continue or not.