Status: In Progress.

Running From Lions

Dear Maria, Count Me In

Later on that night, I was sitting in the dressing room with John, Garrett, Jared, Kennedy, and Pat. It was almost time for them to go on stage. I could already hear the crowds excitement as they screamed and chanted for them. I never knew how the guys performed in front of so many people. I was guessing it was something they got used to. John had always told me the stage was like a second home to him.

"You're up in five, guys," a guy said as he poked his head inside the room.

The guys nodded and stood up to walk out. I followed them as we went out into the hallway and walked to the side of the stage. The guys stopped and waited to go up.

"You can stand over there," John said as he pointed out a spot for me. "You should be able to see us good from there. Make sure not to lose that pass either."

"I've heard this a thousand times already," I said as I rolled my eyes and looked down at the pass hanging around my neck.

"Well, you've heard it a thousand and one times now," he said.

"Let's go, John," Kennedy said. "They want us on stage now."

"Okay," he said. "Wish us luck."

"Good luck," I said to them. "Show them what you guys got."

He gave me a quick hug before following the rest of the guys on stage. The crowd went ballistic and screamed even louder, if that was possible.

"How the fuck is everyone doing?!" John yelled into the microphone.

The crowd screamed their response and John smiled.

"Good to know," he said. "Is everyone as excited as we are to be here tonight?"

I held my hands to my ears as the crowd screamed again. They were really loud, but I knew the guys liked it.

"Alright, alright," he said as he tried to get them to calm down. "Let's get this fuckin' party started and make this a night we'll all remember!"

They began playing I Must Be Dreaming with the crowds approval. They all sang along with John as did I. They played some more songs after that one and I sang along to them as well. I knew all of their songs by heart. I really lover their music and not just because my brother and friends were in the band. I had been their biggest fans ever since they had started. I would be prepared to argue with any other fan that tried to tell me different.

"You sing well."

I jumped a mile in the air. I turned around to find Alex looking back at me with that smirk of his again.

"God, you really need to stop doing that!"

"Sorry," he said. "Just thought I would come check out how they were doing. I meant it though."

"Meant what?" I asked, forgetting what he had said before.

"That you sing well," he said. "Must run in your family."

"I do not," I said as I blushed, "and no. My brother is the only one with the good voice."

"Suuuure," he said. "What do you think about all of this? Pretty exciting isn't it?"

"Yeah," I said. "I don't know how you guys do it."

"Well, the nerves never really go away, but you get used to them," he said as he shrugged.

I nodded as the guys began playing Girls Do What They Want. Alex and I were quiet for a while as we listened and watched them play. They were doing a really good job. The crowd was hyped up and I could tell the guys were just as hyped as them.

"Are you going to be watching us?" Alex asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders as I played with the pass around my neck. I hadn't really planned on it. I was going to go back to the dressing room once the guys were done playing.

"I would really like it if you did," Alex said. "John told us you liked our music. What's your favorite song by us? I can make sure we play it."

I kept quiet for a little while, but finally decided to answer him.

"Time Bomb."

"Really?" he asked. "I'll make sure we do it then. Now you have to watch us."

"I do, huh?" I asked.

"Yup," he said. "It wouldn't be polite if you didn't."

The guys finished their last song and told the crowd good night. Pat did as he said and threw me a drum stick. I smiled while he threw some more to the crowd.

"What did you think?" a very sweaty John asked as he ran over to me.

"You all did great!" I yelled. "Thank you for the drum stick, Pat."

"No problem," he said as he smiled. "I'm going to the dressing room. I'm all sweaty and what not."

"Yeah, you guys reek," I said as I scrunched up my nose.

"Aww, give me a hug, Jae," Garrett said as he tried getting to me.

"Eww, no!" I yelled.

"Fine," he said as he pouted.

They all began walking back to the dressing room except for John, who stayed behind with me and Alex.

"You coming, Jae?" John asked.

"I think I'm going to stay and watch All Time Low," I said. "Alex wants me to."

"Want me to stay with you?" he asked.

"No, I'll be fine," I said. "Thanks though. You go on with the rest of the guys and get cleaned up."

"Keep an eye on her, dude," John told Alex. "She's my little sister and she's in a crazy atmosphere right now."

"I will," Alex said. "Don't worry about it."

"Catch you guys later," John said and walked away from us.

Alex and I stood there as the equipment guys sat up their stuff. The rest of All Time Low came over to us as they waited to go on stage.

"What up, Jae?" Jack asked. "You watching us?"

"Yeah," I said. "I guess so."

"Cool," he said as he smiled. "You can watch my sexy self in action."

The guys rolled their eyes at him as he looked around at them with a glare.

"You're all just jealous," he said.

"Suuuure," Zack said. "Having a good time so far, Jae?"

"Yeah," I said. "This is definitely a cool experience."

"That's good," he said.

"You guys are good to go," one of the equipment men said as he walked over to us.

"Thanks," Alex said to him. "You guys ready?"

They all nodded at him and walked out on stage. Alex winked at me before following them. I didn't know what was up with Alex, but it seemed like he was flirting with me. It made me uncomfortable. It was hard for me to trust any guys after what Nathan had done to me. He was someone I had trusted and look at where that lead to. The only guys I trusted that weren't family was Garrett, Pat, Jared, and Kennedy.

"What did you guys think of The Maine?!" Alex yelled to the crowd, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Fuckin' awesome aren't they?!"

The crowd yelled and I joined in with them. I had to show the guys my love.

"We're so glad to be here tonight," Alex said. "I can already tell this is going to be one kick ass show! Has it been an awesome experience for you guys so far?"

The crowd screamed again.

"Oh, come on," Jack said into his microphone. "I know you can do better than that. I want all of you to scream your fuckin' lungs out!"

They did as he said and he smiled.

"Alright, the first song we're going to play is dedicated to Jae," Alex said. "She's joined us on tour and we want to show her a good fuckin' time so help us out!"

My jaw hit the floor as he walked over to the rest of the guys and talked to them for a moment. I couldn't believe he had just did that. They broke apart after a few moments and before long they were beginning to play Time Bomb.

From the get go I knew this was hard to hold
Like a crash the whole thing spun out of control
Oh, on a wire, we were dancing
Two kids no consequences
Pull the trigger without thinking
There's only one way down this road


They were so energetic. They were jumping around and dancing everywhere. Especially Jack. I didn't know where he got his energy from. I sang along with them. I had always enjoyed the song. I had listened to it more times than I could count.

They ended the song with the crowd cheering and soon started up with another one. It amazed me watching them play. They put on a really good show. They talked to the crowd and played their hearts out. They joked around a lot too. Jack had even tried kissing Alex, but Alex managed to get away from him.

"You've all been a great crowd!" Alex said before they started their last song. "We're going to end the show with a song all of you should know so help us out by singing along!"

They played Dear Maria, Count Me In and everyone sang along with them. They told everyone good night when they ended it and walked back to where I was.

"I'm fuckin' hot!" Jack yelled as he fanned himself.

"I wonder why," I said. "You guys were awesome. Thanks for the dedication."

"You're welcome," Alex said. "Let's get to the dressing room and clean up. We'll have to sign autographs and take pictures with some fans."

I followed them back to the dressing rooms and went to walk inside The Maine's before Alex stopped me.

"I'll see you in a little while," he said.

"Okay," I said as he smiled and walked with the rest of the guys to their dressing room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really appreciate it :). Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far.

Also, happy birthday, Garrett!! :)