1,000 Lies Told At 40,000 Feet High

Chapter 11

The air was warm and the sky was beginning to darken as Oscar and I walked hand in hand down the street to my house. We had said goodbye to Oscar’s friends at the train station and although Oscar lived in the other direction, he had insisted on walking me back to my house. Were Oscar and I moving too fast? I mean, this was the first time that we had been alone since those short minutes at that party a few weeks ago. We didn’t know each other that well, and I couldn’t even be sure if we had anything in common.

“This is my house,” I said, pointing in the general direction of the house and stopping by the front gate.
“Piper, it was really nice to go out with you today. I realise that my friends are a little full on but they’re good blokes,” Oscar said as he halted beside me. Did he just say ‘go out’? Was this a date? Crap, maybe I should have worn that dress.

“I had a good time Oscar,” I replied looking into his gorgeous brown eyes. How could anyone think that brown was an ugly colour after seeing his eyes. They may have been the most beautiful thing that I’d ever seen.
“Well then maybe we could go out again some other time, just the two of us?”
“Oscar, are you asking me out on a date?” I questioned as I bit my lip and looked down bashfully. This was the first time that any guy had ever asked me out before. Perhaps I wouldn’t grow to be an old crazy cat lady.

“That depends,” Oscar responded.
“On?” I prompted.
“If you’ll go out with me on Friday.”
“I’d love to.”
“Okay then, I’ll call you later on in the week,” Oscar said smiling down at me.
“Goodnight Oscar.”

Oscar stepped closer to me, so close that our bodies were almost touching and gently reached up to touch my face. I could feel his warm breath on my face as he lent in and softly placed his lips on mine. I hardly had the chance to react to Oscar's actions before he was pulling away and removing his hand from my waist.
"Goodnight Piper," Oscar whispered before he walked away. Where Oscar and I moving too fast? Yes. Did I mind? No, not at all.

***

I met Oscar in front of my house on Friday night and after a quick peck on the cheek, we walked hand in hand down the street. The stars were beginning to cover the sky as a breeze filtered through the trees.

"So where are we headed?" I asked.
"Well, first I thought that we could go and 'see' a movie," Oscar began, making quotation marks in the air with his fingers and smirking, "But then I remembered that I'd been invited to my mates party and thought that we could go together. But then I realised that you’re a girl and might want something a little more romantic, so, we are going on a picnic in the park.”

“Aww, Oscar, that’s so sweet. Thank you.” We feel into silence as we continued to walk down the calm street, the sound of distant cars the only interruption. We arrived at the park but Oscar kept walking past the gate and further down the street, pulling me along with him.

"Wait, I thought that you said we were going to the park," I said, becoming confused and looking back.
"We are, but there's a better spot just up this hill and it's quicker if we jump the fence," Oscar replied. A gust of wind blew sharply across us, causing me to shiver and for the trees that lined the pavement to creek and sway.
"Are you cold?" Oscar asked, glancing down at my bare legs. I had taken Sarah's advice -what had I been thinking!?!- and worn a dress and heels, possibly not the most appropriate outfit for a night-time picnic in the park but at least I looked nice.

"A little," I admitted, biting my lip nervously.
"Sorry. When we get there you can sit on my lap if you want, that'll warm you up." Another cold breeze rushed across us and I shivered again.
"Or you could always lend me your jacket?" I said hopefully.
"Yeah, but then I'd be cold," Oscar replied smiling down at me. Oh, okay, that wasn’t the romantic gesture that I had imagined in my mind. That wasn’t what the guys in the movies did. They'd offer their jacket to some pretty girl and it would be romantic and then they would kiss behind the lamp post when no one else was looking and then he’d propose and they’d live happily ever after with fourteen kids. Or something like that.

"Right, yeah. Of course. It was a stupid idea," I said and looked away at a broken street light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello,
So I finally managed to update again, and once again it is a little short. I'm sorry that this has taken so long, I've had a dreadful week and had trouble putting pen to paper, or fingers to my laptop keyboard??
The rest of the date is coming soon, I hope. :) We're slowing staring to learn more about Oscar. I have a lot planned for him and Piper. For those of you who love Chace like I do, he shall be back very soon, I promise. It's just hard to get him in because Piper only goes to Sydney every 5 or 6 weeks and they only manage to bump into each other on the plane.
Please comment and subscribe, I would love to hear some of you suggestions on both how I can improve my writing and on things you want to happen in the story or think should happen.
xx Miss Myself
p.s. it took me 10 minutes to work how to add a chapter to this story. opps :)