1,000 Lies Told At 40,000 Feet High

Chapter 15

“Piper!” I whirled around at the sound of my name, my eyes searching for Chace’s familiar face. I found him leaning on the railing of the beach walkway, next to a brightly coloured ice cream truck. Chace was wearing a pair of black thongs and some striped green board shorts. His hair was in its usual messy style and like most of the males at the beach, his chest was bare. I had to remind myself not to drool over his abs -he was more tan than I had originally thought too- and focus on his face. His dark brown eyes were covered by a pair of sunglasses and he was smiling broadly.
“Hey,” I said, striding over and giving Chace a quick hug before turning to face his family. The woman, who I assumed was Chace’s mother, had golden coloured hair and ocean blue eyes. She was holding a large tote bag that was overflowing with towels and I could see a black bikini poking out from under her deep purple and blue sarong. Chace’s father had greying hair and a smile that was similar to Chace’s, but that was where the similarities ended. Chace’s father wore a white polo shirt and grey board shorts.

“Piper, this is my mum Joanne and my dad Harry. Mum, dad, this is Piper. Josh, my brother, and his friend Jack are already down at the beach,” said Chace, introducing me to his family.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” I said, gently shaking Harry’s hand.
“Well, shall we?” Joanne asked, gesturing towards the sand. We started to walk down the stairs to the beach and Chace began to direct me towards where his brother was already sitting.
“Did you get here okay?” he asked.
“Yeah, it was fine. I just had Oliver drop me off,” I replied, pushing a strand of hair from my face.
“Oh,” he said nodding his head. That was the good thing about Chace, he didn’t make any comment on the whole chauffer thing. All of my other friends would have made some big outlandish statement about how lucky I was to have my own chauffer, but Chace seemed to understand that maybe, perhaps, he was the lucky one.

We stopped in front of a green and grey shark towel where to teenage boys sat engrossed in conversation and eating Pringles. I only caught snippets of the conversation, but from what I could gather, they were discussing who was the hottest girl in their class.
“Oi Josh, this is Piper,” Chace said, nudging one of the teenage boys with his foot. The boy glanced up and looked me over before smiling and speaking.
“Hi there, I’m Josh, and this is my mate Jack,” he said.
“It’s nice to meet you,” I replied. I laid my town down on the sand and sat down next to where Chace had placed his towel.
“Can you watch our stuff? We’re going for a swim,” Josh said, this time directing his speech towards his brother and getting up and running off before Chace could even utter a reply.
“You’re brother is nice,” I said laughing lightly. Chace smiled and shook his head.
“You don’t have to live with him.” Chace and I fell silent as we gazed out to the water and watched all the a group of people play cricket.

“Do you want an M&M?” Chace asked me suddenly. I turned to face him and he was sitting there with his arm outstretched and a bag of M&M’s in his palm.
“What?” I asked, utterly confused, “Why on earth do you have M&M’s?”
“Because they’re delicious,” Chace answered, popping a few in his mouth and looking back out to the water.
“Chace, we’re at the beach, it’s hot, won’t they melt?” I asked before pulling my bag onto my lap and searching for the sunscreen.
“Not if we eat them quickly.” Chace smiled mischievously, threw another few of the chocolates in his mouth and held the bag out to me. I shook my head and took a handful. They began to melt almost instantaneously and my hand became a rainbow of colours. I showed Chace and he laughed before showing me his even more brightly coloured hand. At that I burst into a fit of laughter and fell over into the sand. I could hear Chace laughing beside me, and dear god, he had a sexy laugh. Not that I had noticed or anything, I had a boyfriend.
When I finally managed to stop laughing and opened my eyes, Chace was standing over me, holding his hand out. I let him help me up before brushing the sand off my legs and speaking.
“You must think that I’m a loon on loon tablets.”
“Come on, let’s swim.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't my best work, sorry. And the end is a little dodgy. But Chace and Piper finally get to meet outside of an airport/airplane. Hooray!
I know it's been a long time since I've updated, too long. But I'm in the middle of my final year 12 exams and I promise that after the 20th, my updates will become much more frequent. :)
To all of those who commented, I want you to know that your comments brighten my day and are what makes me keep on posting. Thank you. If I met you in person, I promise that I'd give you a hug.
As always,
miss myself