1,000 Lies Told At 40,000 Feet High

Chapter 5

“I’m going to go and get a Cruiser, do you want one?” Bree yelled to me over the loud music that filled the house. We had arrived at the party over an hour ago and Bree was beginning to become a bit tipsy. The house was full of guys making out with girls in too short dresses and people dancing. The only light in the house came from the kitchen -where a large supply of alcohol was held- and from a random strobe light that was situated next to the DJ booth.

“No thanks,” I replied, just as Bree knew that I would. It was a well know fact among all of my friends that I didn’t drink. I just didn’t think that it was necessary to get smashed in order to have fun. I understood why people drank, but I preferred to remember what happened the night before when I woke up half naked on some one’s couch. And my friends needed someone to stop them when they tried to take their clothes off, which happened more often than you would have thought.

“Hi, do you mind if I start up a conversation with you? I don’t really know all that many people at this party and I am one step away from talking to that fake pot plant in the corner,” said a voice behind me. I twirled around to face the person and had to take a quick step back when I found myself closer to the person than I had thought.

“Umm, sure. Hi. I’m Piper,” I replied to the person. The man in front of me was surprisingly almost the same height as me. He had short brown hair that was in tight ringlet curls and pale skin. He was not hot in an oh-my-god-I-want-to-take-off-all-my-clothes way but he was sort of a little cute in a teddy-bear way. I couldn’t tell much else about his appearance because it was so dark but he didn’t look like he was some psycho rapist murder so there couldn’t be much harm in talking to him.

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Oscar. How do you know Mark?” the guy asked me.
“Mark?” I questioned, I had no idea who he was talking about. Maybe this guy was crazy after all.
“Yeah, the guy who’s party this is,” Oscar explained.
“Mark? I thought his name was Mike,” I said laughing.
“So not very well then,” Oscar replied laughing, “What school do you go to?”
“Renison Girls’ Secondary College,” I answered over the loud music.
“Oh yeah, I have a friend who goes there. Do you know Charlie Kenson?”
I shook my head “Sorry no. What school do you go to?”

Oscar and I talked for a little bit before Bree finally came back.
“Hey babe! How are you!” Bree yelled obnoxiously, pulling me into a hug. Bree wasn’t someone to drink normally, but when she did, she became a bit of a party animal.
“How many have you had to drink Bree?” I demanded from her. She shrugged and took another sip from the bottle in her hand. I reached forward and took it from her; I think that she had had enough for tonight. Bree pouted at me for a moment before she began to laugh. At what, I had no idea.

“Can you count to ten?” I asked her. This would determine how drunk she really was.
“1,” Bree began before pausing for a moment, “2...3...4...” Bree was silent for a while, confusion clouding her features.
“5,” I supplied. Oscar started to laugh beside me.
“Yeah, that’s the one!” she said nodding her head enthusiastically, “6... Oh my God, I love this song! Piper, let’s go dance. I want to dance!” Bree grabbed my hand and started to pull me away from Oscar.

“Umm, sorry. I’ll talk to you later,” I managed to get out quickly before I was pulled away from Oscar and into the darkness towards the dance floor, where I would spend the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi,
Yes, I know that this chapter is short, but I did warn you. To make up for it though, if I get 5 new comments, I will update early :)
Some people have been asking when Chace is coming back. And I promise, he is coming back very soon. But some other things need to happen first so you will have to wait. Sorry.
Thank you to the people who have commented thus far, you make me all incredibly happy. Thank you to all of my subscribers too.
Ciao,
Miss Myself