Status: comments are nice as well :)

Seriously?

I like you, doll.

I waited in the small chamber patiently as the guards took off most of my restraints.

At Rec Time, the only restraint that whoever made the rules though was necessary was the hand cuffs which were to be cuffed in front of the patient, not behind them. And this 'priveledge' could be very easily taken away, it was kinda funny.

There were a few things to do whilst here. You could watch tv, play a board game(as long as it fit the safety requirements), sit down on the couches and talk to other patients, they even had a couple books to read. But, no magazines were allowed, just in case it damaged our 'fragile state of mind' or helped us be up to date on the outside world just in case we planned on escaping.

Once they were done, I was released from the chamber free to do whatever. I chose to go sit down and play cards with a patient that went by the name of Charlie. He grunted when I sat down on the opposite side of the tiny square table.

"Doesn't matter what we play." I mumbled, sitting back in my chair to watch him deal the cards. His hands were slim and quick. Charlie was ambidextrous and liked to keep to himself.

We were about five minutes into the game when the guards let another person into the Rec Room. I didn't turn to look at who it was until they stomped across the room and flopped down on the couch just as noisily.

When I turned my neck slowly to glare at whoever decided to be so loud in a quiet place, I scoffed. "Go figure.." I grumbled and put my attention back to the cards in my hand.

"This Is sooooo BORING!" His voice filled the entire room.

Charlie grunted again and stared at the Joker over his cards. His eyes widened suddenly and he kept staring back and forth from me to the Joker. "Quit it." I whispered and scowled slightly. What the hell was he staring like that for?

The room got quiet as well and I almost didn't hear the footsteps behind me. I spun out of my chair to face him. His scarred cheeks were pulled into a wide grin and his dark eyes seemed to burn with something I couldn't quite place. It was the same look I had in my eyes all these years.

"What did you want?" I questioned, careful not to sound rude.

"I just wanted to say hello. Is there something wrong with that?" He tilted his head slightly, daring me to say the wrong thing.

"Perhaps it was. Do I know you?"

He clucked his tonuge and licked his lips over his scars. "Maybe. I have quite a reputation here." He chuckled to himself.

"We should sit down. I don't feel like standing." I didn't even wait for a reply, I just walked past him silently and sat on the couch.

He sat down a bit too close for my liking so I cleared my throat loudly. When he didn't get the hint, I just stared at him and the insufficient amount of space between us. Finally he got the point and scooted a little away from me then began to study me.

"What did you say your name was?" My eyes searched him as I wondered if he still remembered who I am. Maybe his mind had blocked out all the trauma from that night and made him forget it and everything before. I'd heard of that happening before.

"Well, dollface, I'm the Joker; since you apparently haven't heard of me. Now, what do you call yourself, gorgeous?" His hand twitched slightly. My eyes flickered to his hands back to his eyes, still searching.

"I'm Sage Zane. Been here for a while now.." I trailed off when a pair of patients were brought into the Rec Room.

It was Scarecrow and trailing him was the new Lilah. Her first day in Arkham had been just two days ago, and she was already throwing in with Jonathan? He must have some scheme going on in that pretty head of his, because he never welcomed newcomers just like that. Maybe he liked her?

But Scarecrow turned to say something to Lilah then scanned the room. He stopped when he found me gave me a questioning look. I narrowed my eyes at him and the puppy he'd aquired. He looked away quickly. His face had turned a light shade of red.

I smirked and looked back at the Joker. He had been watching them too.

He cleared his throat and asked in an eerily calm voice. "Have you ever gotten out of your cell? Ya know, just to get out for a bit?"

"Sometimes." I said quietly, picking at the fabric on my jumpsuit.

"How?" He liked his scars and scooted closer again.

I narrowed my eyes in annoyance but continued. "I wouldn't tell you just yet."

"Have you ever tried to escape?"

"You have 5 more minutes until therapy sessions, you two!" A guard barked at us from the door.

"No. And I don't think I'll try. I derserve to be here. The judge and doctors decided I was too unsafe to be in a prison, so I was sent to Arkham for therapy."

His fingers flexed a little. But I didn't notice that his hand had moved so close to mine, so when he moved his fingers they grazed mine. He glanced down at our hands without a word. "Since I'm a certifiably insane criminal, they put me here too. Same as you, unsafe to be in a prison. But, what's this therapy session crap?"

I chuckled. "Oh, you'll just love this, Jokes. It's group therapy with Dr. Eads today."

He smirked. "Jokes, huh?"

I shrugged and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I guess. And?"

Four guards came over to us, and helped shackle us; two for each of us.
Before he was hauled off the couch, he winked and laughed loudly. "I like you, doll. You're somethin' special."