Father Figure

Thirty-Five

"Iron Man or Sherlock Holmes?" I questioned as I studied the DVDs. 

"Let's go with... Iron Man," Sidney decided. 

I grinned as I slipped the movie into the DVD player before walking back to the couch. Sid lifted the blanket that was draped over his legs, motioning for me to sit beside him. I do so happily, curling my legs under me and leaning into his side. 

I snuggled a little closer as his arm fell around my shoulders. The boys were all asleep by now. They had an early bedtime for the next week still. Just because they were back a school didn't mean they weren't in trouble anymore. 

We were silent as the movie played on, simply enjoying the peace. There weren't many times when we got to do things like this since the boys were always so busy. When we got the chance to just sit and be with each other, it was nice. We didn't need words to be happy with each other. 

Ever since the day we met with Principal Mills, I'd started to feel more for Sid. It made me nervous to outright say it was something that could lead to love, but I knew deep down that that was exactly what it was. It felt right. It felt like I was supposed to be in this kind of a relationship with him, and not just because of our sons. It felt like I was... at home, in a sense. 

His lips gently pressed against my temple. My lips turned up automatically. I leaned up to press a kiss against his cheek. He chuckled at me as he leaned down to kiss my cheek. I kissed his cheek again, though this time my lips were dangerously close to his. When he repeated the action I raised my eyebrows. He quickly imitated me. 

"Are you waiting for me to make a move?" I asked. 

"What ever could you mean?" he asked in a mocking voice. 

I snorted. "Is this how you lure the girls in?" I asked as I moved closer to him. I was completely okay with the idea of kissing him first. 

And I was about to, but his next words made me pause. His brown eyes flickered to the TV as he spoke. "Girls? Singular, sweetie. I've only got one girl," he stated. 

My heart rose to my throat as I stared up at the little smile playing on his lips. When his brown eyes met mine once more, I returned the smile. Before anything else could be said or done, Beau came fumbling down the stairs. 

"Mama?" he asked tiredly as he rubbed his fist into his eye. 

"Yeah?" I suppressed my urge to groan. 

He walked over to the couch and crawled up to lay on our laps. "I can't sleep," he muttered. 

I let out a sigh and looked to Sid. "Why don't you try counting sheep?" Sidney asked as he gently rubbed Beau's back. 

"It doesn't work..."

"How about counting... goals? Or shots?" Sidney asked jokingly. 

Beau closed his eyes and laid still. "You don't want to go lay in bed?" I questioned. He shook his head and continued to count in his mind. 

I let out a sigh and leaned back against Sidney's arm. His hand lightly rubbed my arm as we watched Beau sink into sleep. His mouth parted ever so slightly and a soft snore began to fill the room. 

"I'll take him upstairs," I decided. Sidney lifted his arm from my shoulder as I carefully picked our son up. I carried him up the stairs and to his room before putting him in his bed. He stayed asleep the whole time surprisingly. 

"So, I have to ask you about something..." Sidney began as I walked back into the family room. 

"What might that be?" I asked carefully as I took my spot back. 

"The team is putting on a big charity deal this Saturday and I was wondering if you four wanted to come with me. It's kind of fancy so I'd have to take the boys in to get suits and I'd be more than happy to go with you to buy a dress if you need one, but if you guys want to, I mean you don't have to-"

"I think it'd be fun," I cut him off. 

He gave me a wide smile. "I'll take the boys to a shop tomorrow after school to get them suits. Do you want to go find a dress?" he asked happily. 

I waved it off. "I've got a dress I can wear. Is navy blue an okay color?" I asked. 

"Absolutely."

"Then it looks like we're going to a charity together on Saturday," I replied. The idea of going together as a family warmed my heart. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm taking so long to update. Senior year is winding down and getting hectic! As of right now, I have 110 days until I am in Pittsburgh for college and I can not wait! Haha

I have big ideas for this story coming up so I hope that hurries up my updates!