Father Figure

Five

Third Peron's Point of View

--

Vero skirted around the living room, picking up empty beer bottles and such as she went. "She is t'e nicest woman in t'e world! I'm hoping we can get close," she rambled to her fiance.

Marc-Andre laughed as he continued scrubbing at a stain in their carpet. "T'at's good! You should work at becoming better friends," he replied happily. He was thrilled for his fiancee that she'd found someone good to become friends with.

"You should see her sons, Marc! T'ey are absolutely adorable!" she gushed. "T'ey are triplets! Can you imagine? T'ree boys all t'e same age."

Marc groaned. "T'is isn't going to turn into us talking about having kids, is it?" he asked slowly.

She scoffed. "No. I am just saying. You should see t'em! And you know what's scary?" She didn't wait for him to answer before she continued on. "T'ey look like miniature Sidneys! If she had told me t'at t'ey were his kids, I would have believed her!"

Marc laughed again. "Just what the NHL needs, more Sidney Crosbys," he joked. "How old are t'ey?" he asked.

He set aside his rags and cleaning solution to listen closer to what she was telling him. She dropped the bottles down into a bag to be taken to the recycling bin. "T'ey turn five next mont'. Do you t'ink we'd be able to find five tickets for your game on the 21?" she asked suddenly.

He shrugged. "I'm sure I could get some," he told her. "Why? I t'ought it was just her and her kids?"

Vero sighed. "No. She has a fiance. Doesn't sound like her kids like him at all. Sounds like she's just kind of hoping to get a family setting put toget'er for t'e boys," she admitted. "He got a job here. T'at's why t'ey moved her in t'e first place."

He nodded his head. "I'll ask about t'e tickets tomorrow," he told her.

Vero grinned widely as she finished cleaning up the bottles. Just before she could respond, her phone began ringing. "Wonder which of t'e boys is too drunk to drive tonight," she joked. Marc laughed as he watched her pick up her cell phone. Her brown creased in confusion before she answered. "Allo?"

He waited for a few seconds as he watched Vero listen. "What's your question?" she asked. He watched her sit down on the counter's bar stool as she listened. Her eyes flickered to him before looking back at the kitchen. "He got a concussion awhile ago, back in January." There was another pause while Vero smiled. "T'ey sure do love t'eir hockey stars!" she commented with a laugh.

Marc got up and walked into the kitchen to put his rags in the laundry room that was just off to the side.

Vero swung her legs back and forth. "I know it has taken him a long time to get to where he was feeling normal again. I know he's very happy to be getting more progress now. I t'ink he's hoping to be getting to playing games soon." She looked over at Marc. "How would you say Sid...ney Crosby is doing wit' everyt'ing?" she asked slowly.

Marc gave her an odd look. "He's doing good. He's very happy to be getting to practice completely now. He's doing really well," he answered with a shrug.

"His practice is going very well, too," Vero continued. There was a long pause. Vero's curious expression increased. "Can I ask you a question now?"

Marc leaned against the counter to listen, trying to figure out what was being said on the other side of the line. "Why do you sound so worried about him if you don't follow hockey?" Vero asked bluntly.

Marc watched her smile grow a little before the two said goodbye. She set her phone down and looked up at her fiance. "If someone asked me if I t'ought those were his kids now, I would be almost positive t'ey are," she stated confidently.

Marc rolled his eyes. "Sid would know if he had children, Vero. Why would you say t'at?"

She smirked. "If you heard t'e worry in her voice and heard how much it bot'ered her, you would t'ink she cared about t'e guy more t'an just t'e mot'er of a fan," she told him.

Marc rolled his eyes again and laughed. "You have t'e imagination of a five year old," he told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but needed to put this out there first.