Father Figure

Epilogue

Sidney's Point of View

-----

I raised her above me, my hands holding her sides. She spread her arms and legs out excitedly as her eyes went wide. I slowly brought her down so I could kiss her nose, causing her to giggle and squirm. I lifted her back up into the air and laughed. 

Emma Elizabeth Crosby had stolen my heart completely from the day she was born. It had been stolen four other times, but she had still managed to do so. And all she had to do was giggle and smile at me. 

I lowered her once more to place raspberries all over her face. She let out a scream of laughter. 

"Hello?" Nathalie called out. I watched Emma's eyes light up at the sound of her mother's voice. I gasped dramatically at her. 

"Is Mommy home?" I asked. I rolled forward into a sitting position and set Emma on the ground in front of me. 

Nathalie walked into the living room and grinned. "What are you and Daddy doing?" she asked Emma as she began setting down her bags of groceries on the counters. 

Emma grunted and pointed up. "We were flying through the air and getting kisses," I said, fixing Emma's twisted dress. 

Nathalie got down on her knees and crawled forward to our daughter. Emma laughed and crawled towards her, stopping right in front of her. As she grinned widely, her eyes crinkled up. Nat kissed her before sitting back. "Were you a good girl for Daddy?" she asked. 

Emma turned around to crawl back to me. "Of course! We even ate a big lunch," I answered. She picked up my iPhone and pushed the home button, lighting up the screen. She smiled at the picture of her brothers hugging her like she was just a stuffed animal. She was all grins, though. 

"Where are the boys?" I asked curiously. 

Nathalie pushed herself back up and went to put the groceries away. "They got the mail. They should be-"

"Emma!" Beau sang out as loudly as he could after barging into the house. 

"Baby sister!" Gab continued, following behind his sister. 

"Emmy!" Kris sang out. 

"Found them," I mumbled. Nathalie laughed softly and rolled her eyes. 

The boys ran into the room, tossing several envelopes onto the floor. They fell down onto the ground in front of their sister. They instantly began cooing and talking to her. 

Emma soaked in the attention, dropping my phone to play with them. I took my chance to get up and move to the kitchen area. "What are you thinking for dinner?" I asked curiously as I looked at the food she had set out. 

She smiled over at me. "Pasta," she answered. 

I stepped forward to wrap my arms around her from behind. "Guess what," I murmured into her shoulder. 

She let out a laugh. "What?" she asked. 

I smirked to myself. She thought I had forgotten. "Happy one year anniversary," I whispered against her ear. 

I felt her body relax into me. "Happy one year anniversary," she whispered back. I picked her hand to look at her rings. 

She wore a simple silver band with diamonds around it for her wedding band. The engagement ring was the same silver metal, but with a bigger diamond in the middle of it. They were simple, just like she wanted. I'd gone with that in mind when I went to find an engagement ring. 

"I still can't believe you had your number engraved into my ring," she muttered. 

I smirked. "Marking my territory," I teased. 

She rolled her eyes. "I thought the ring did that?" she replied. 

I twisted it around her finger. "Nah. Some men ignore the ring. Can't ignore fame and money," I pointed out. 

She out right laughed at that and turned around to face me. "You're full of it," she stated. Her hands ran through the hair at the base of my head. 

I smirked. "I know." I kissed her softly. "Yet you still married me."

I hugged her body closer to mine. Just before my lips could touch hers again, there was a piercing cry. 

"I didn't do it!" Beau immediately declared. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the support. I have loved writing and hearing from you guys. I can't believe I actually finished the story I thought I'd delete two minutes later!