Repeating History

Act 1 ; Scene 1

"Hey, hey!" Sam yelled at the salesman, "Did my boss not give you the correct orders?"

"Sam! Let's go, Capulet is gonna get angry if we're out too long, plus it would be pretty bad if a Montague started showing up." George nudged him, shoving his head towards the exit.

Through the corner of his eyes Sam could spot out a pair of them. Instead of their usual formal attire they had strapped on lazy jeans and a tee. He felt more superior than them with his neat tie and slick suit, but if they were to put up a fight then his outfit would quickly turn into a disadvantage.

Sam scoffed, "For hell! There is nothing they've got on me. When I've stripped of their women and killed all their men, then they can find me in my quarters!" He said with a wink. All George could do was let out a short laugh as they exited the shop. Instead of shutting up, Sam bellowed freely, "Watch me! For I will personally cut off all their heads!"

Abrams, of the Montague house, sauntered up to Sam, "Are you threatening me?" He asked menacingly.

Sam paused for a minute, mockingly thinking about his decision, "Yes. Yes, I am." He said with a nod.

"Are you sure that's what you wanna do?" Abrams sneered.

"Tell me George," Sam glanced back to his friend, "Is the law in my favour to threaten him?"

"No, Sam, it isn't." was all he said.

"Then sir, I don't but threaten you? But yes, I do threaten you." Sam said, mixing with Abrams mind easily.

"Oi, Abrams! Just put 'em out of his misery!" Billy called out from behind him.

"I guess the situation calls for it." Sam says with a harmless shrug, but finishes with a more harmful punch in the jaw.

The young men brawled until crowds drew in closer and murmurs quickly overpower the sound of their pain filled cries and grunts. They were both tired out but neither refused to back down to the other. They held their homes on their sleeves, happy to show who had higher power.

"Stop it now!" Ben Montague yelled, his voice traveling around the very crowded market. They already had their first warning about public brawls. Anymore and they'd all have their heads sliced.

"Whoa whoa whoa." Tyler interjected, arriving late at the scene, "Don't start such a public fight." He scolded, looking directly at Ben.

Sam and Abrams were held back by their respective groups. The last thing on Ben's list was a fight while it was on the top of Tyler's. Unfortunately Ben was raised to never back down, especially if he was to be a high figure in the near future for the family business.

It wasn't long until they were neck at neck.

"Hold it!" A dominant voice pronounced. The sound waves easily reached the corners of streets and every pair of eyes were turned to him, as well as ears which focused on the message he was about to announce. He smiled unhappily, "I thought I've already told you. This will be the last time I will ever see blood shed in the streets unless it is my men who is personally ending your life." The mayor said angrily, "Now leave! I don't want to see you again!"

The streets quickly flooded into an empty road.
♠ ♠ ♠
thaanks for reading. it wasn't a neccesary read but please subscribe and comment! i'll keep you posted on the updates! (: