Repeating History

Act 1 ; Scene 2

"Romeo! Where've you been!" Ben asked, giving him a slap on the back. "You missed it! There was another brawl."

"Another?" Romeo shook his head. He was unhappy with his family and their men. They had disgraced them by acting like children.

"Enough about that, where were you?" Ben led them to the roof of the building.

"Oh, it's horrible, Ben!" Romeo cried out, "Sweet Rose refuses to even look at me. Am I that repulsive?"

The roof was very calming with the beautiful flowers and herbs that the residence's pastor took advantage of. He was in charge of all medicines. Just by the sound Ben didn't like the way Romeo was acting. His love struck look and vulnerable composure. Ben was jealous of his status, and how much he neglected it. He tried as hard as possible to convince his uncle to let him take over the business but he got disapproved. He would always be second in command or lower.

Ben gave him a pointed look, "Don't go running into the forest without a flashlight. You haven't even met Rosaline!"

"Ben, it's not about meeting each other. If you fawn over just their name then you know it's gonna be good!" Romeo took a hold of his cousin by his shoulders. Ben was slightly taken aback but not shaken up.

♥ ♥ ♥

"Paris, can you not understand, my daughter will marry when she chooses to!" Sir Capulet insisted. He was persistent but so was Paris.

"But sir, what if she does? Let's say she falls in love? With me? It would all turn out perfect. This marriage will benefit the both of us." The younger man explained.

Capulet could easily see his side of story. If they went through with this marriage the Capulet corporation would effortlessly break barriers. Paris's high position with the mayor could especially help him with disposing of the Montague's.

"Hear me out," Paris spoke, "Let me try and swoon her. I'm sure it will all work out."

Sir Capulet took a moment to ponder the idea, "Alright, Paris. Tonight there will be a-"

♥ ♥ ♥

"Masquerade party?" Romeo was clearly confused as to why Ben had brought up such a separate subject. Could he not see how much Romeo just wanted to wallow in his tears?

"Yes! But we must be discreet. It will be hosted by Sir Capulet." Ben told him as they walked down the emptied street. He continued with his thought before Romeo could interrupt, "Rosaline Has been invited."

Romeo's face quickly brightened, "Rosaline?" He confirmed with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
please subscribe and comment!