Repeating History

Act 1 ; Scene 3

Romeo and his friends smiled at the many guests, all of them styling masks and face paints. He knew with all the unfamiliar faces that it would be difficult to find Rose.

Sir Capulet chose a nice venue in the hotel down the street. It laid directly between the Capulet and Montague building. It was the perfect place for Montague's to sob over Capulet's success but not to seem impulsive. The party went from a fun get together to an informal business meeting.

Juliet happily prances around the dance floor, her dress flowing behind her and her matching mask made her seem almost anonymous. She loved the feeling. Soon, a popular song came on, making the floor more packed and crowded. Instead of backing out she embraced the group.

"Oh, Tyler! Isn't this just a great hit?" Juliet asked her cousin as he passed by.

"More than you think." He said grumpily.

Tyler headed towards his uncle, ready to tell him of the news. Of how those damned Montague's had broken in. How the son of Sir Montague himself had made an appearance. Even with their masks, they couldn't hide from him.

"Uncle! They're here!" Tyler said, grabbing onto Sir Capulet's shoulder, "The Montague's, they've made their way in. They're gonna ruin the entire party!" He begged.

"Tyler, you ignorant boy! Shut up, the only one ruin the party is you!" He scolded his nephew. He was clearly drunk and too happy with the outcome of the party to care about anything other than having fun.

"But uncle!" He pleaded.

"I told you to shut up!" Sir Capulet gripped onto his collar, "One more word and your head will be cut off your neck!"

Tyler groaned unhappily and backed away from his intoxicated senior. Even with the uninvited guests the party was still flowing easily and wrinkle free.

Juliet was ready to exit the dance floor when a boy with shockingly bright blue eyes stepped on and helped himself to a dance. Those eyes looked back at her from behind his golden mask and she saw him wink just slightly.

Romeo watched as he teased her with his eyes. Her cheeks harmlessly darkened and her eyes widened in shock. Had she never had such attention? Because Romeo could see through that mask her beauty. She has got to have had some kind of attention.

After the music ended everyone took a moment to snack during a cocktail-like hour.

Romeo followed her as she walked out of the hotel, probably to visit the bathroom. He learned that it was a popular place among women, especially the younger ones.

Before Juliet could reach the door a hand clasped around her's. She let out a small gasp.

Romeo pulled her back into his chest and lowered his lips to her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh where for art thou yeah. LOL. Well, thanks for reading!