‹ Prequel: Weightless
Status: it's hereeeee.(:

Break Your Little Heart

022

The speed with which Matt had managed to pull together a show was nothing short of Godlike. It hadn’t even been 12 hours before he had called Alex back to let him know that there was a spot at a local stage that had had a cancellation a few days before and the owner was desperate to fill. Even better, All Time Low was in such demand in Baltimore that within moments of the announcement on Twitter it had been sold out. Rian, Jack, and Zack weren’t too thrilled that neither Alex nor Matt had thought to consult them on this, especially since they had all just gotten back from tour, but it hadn’t taken long for them to consent. The boys loved playing shows, and Alex had seen the hope in all of their eyes that Chloe would come. It was what he had been counting on after all.

Alex had positioned himself so that he could see the door, but couldn’t be seen himself. It wasn’t necessary though. He could sense the exact moment Chloe walked in from outside. His eyes zeroed in on her slender form, the familiar rush of desire coursing through him. God she was beautiful. The high heels she wore made her legs stretch on for miles and her sweater was just short enough to give him glimpses of soft, creamy skin whenever she moved. Her plump red lips were pulled into a slight pout as she took in her surroundings. Something was different though. Alex looked closer and noticed what he had originally assumed were yet another pair of leggings were actually skin tight jeans. Chloe Danske was wearing pants. That realization was enough to shock him back to reality and remember why he was here in the first place. A satisfied smirk crossed his lips as he continued to watch the doorway which Jack, Rian and Zack had just walked through. Chloe turned to them.

“Are any of you going to tell me exactly where we are yet?”

All three boys glanced at each other anxiously. Zack began to open his mouth, but Jack beat him to the punch.

“We’re at a show.” He said slowly, trying to figure out the best way to word it without sending Chloe into a tailspin.

“A show.” The skepticism in her tone was enough to warn all of them that she was catching on quickly. None of the boys managed to get a word out before she realized what they meant. “An All Time Low show.”

“Yep!” Jack’s grin was stretched so wide Chloe thought his face might split in half.

Chloe wanted to be angry. She wanted to ask them just what the hell they thought they were doing bringing her here. She wanted to stomp and scream and march right back out into the snowy Baltimore night, but when she saw the hope in Rian and Zack’s eyes and Jack’s joy at her being here she couldn’t bring herself to do it. This was their night. Chloe wasn’t going to ruin it by acting like an immature brat. With only a small amount of force, Chloe’s lips slipped into a smile. The relief from the boys was palpable and she felt another twinge of guilt at the fact that they felt the need to hide such an integral part of themselves away from her. Even though this was the last place Chloe wanted to be, she vowed she would make the best of it for them.

“Well what are you doing standing around then? It’s been far too long since I’ve heard you guys, and I doubt I’m the only impatient one here.” The words flowed easily enough, and Chloe found her smile was only slightly forced. She was actually excited to hear the boys; she just wasn’t quite so sure she was excited to see one of them.

Jack let out a whoop and Rian smiled before they both scurried off in search of their instruments. Zack pulled Chloe into a fierce hug that she reciprocated immediately. The cousins stood holding each other for a long moment before Zack pulled away, his eyes shining slightly.

“Thank you, Bo.” His voice was rough and Chloe’s heart went out to him as the guilt plagued her system once more.

“Anything for you, Mop.” This time there was nothing but pure sincerity in her grin. “Now go get your stuff! It’s time to show me just how much better you all have gotten over time.”

Zack placed a quick kiss on her forehead before running off. Chloe closed her eyes, falling back against the wall behind her. She could hear the excited chants of the crowd now. She should have known. A voice she recognized as Matt Flyzik’s called out from somewhere, informing the boys they had 15 minutes before the curtain on stage would open. Chloe opened her eyes and caught the one and only Alex Gaskath staring at her from a small alcove on the side stage. He smiled at her, but it was far from joyous or even nice. Then he turned and walked over to Matt, whispering something in his ear. Chloe didn’t watch the exchange that took place between the two men. Instead she flipped open her phone to check for anything from Oli. Nothing yet, but Chloe refused to give up hope. He would call her. He had to. He couldn’t just walk away from her. Not after all that they had been through. Not after what he had asked her that night before he went on tour. With a sigh, Chloe locked her phone and slipped it back in her pocket.

The screams were getting louder now and as the lights dimmed Chloe realized the show was about to start. She pushed off from the wall and made her way closer to side stage. The boys were already on the stage, a curtain in front of them so the audience couldn’t see them yet. She watched as Alex wrapped his long fingers around the microphone, telling the other boys something over his shoulder before turning his head to meet Chloe’s gaze. He gave her a smirk that instantly set her on edge. She looked to Zack, but his attention was on the set list on the floor in front of him. She saw the vein in his temple slowly start to throb, a clear sign he was pissed. Before Chloe could begin to wonder why, the curtain dropped and she had her answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi I'm alive I swear. And this story is getting finished eventually I pinky promise. I just have to get my life together first.

Chloe