‹ Prequel: Weightless
Status: it's hereeeee.(:

Break Your Little Heart

An open letter to my readers

Wow. I cannot believe it has been over 5 years since the last time I logged onto this website. My life is entirely different now than it was back then, and I'm sure all of you are in completely different places and phases as well. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the love and support you offered me when I was just a lil baby writer dealing with teenage angst through fan fictions. This was one of the best communities to be a part of and I am humbled by the kind words and encouragement that you offered me.

In the years since I last posted on here I have moved to three different states, changed my career twice, and gotten married. For years I have been the main provider for our family and my writing took a back seat to all of life's other more pressing matters. But I've never been able to forget Alex and Chloe. Their story was the first one that really blew up for me, the first time my characters had such strong voices and clear paths. I used to spend days locked in my bedroom, losing track of time while I wrote. Weightless has always been my special baby because of that, which is why it only feels fair to share this news first with all of you that have been with me since the beginning:

Weightless is being edited and revised for actual publication.

I made the choice several months ago to quit my job and refocus on writing full time. I have health issues that put me in the high risk category for COVID and it didn't make sense to continue working outside of the house. When I first decided to reopen my writing I knew I had to take a trip back down memory lane with Chloe and Alex. And once I reopened their story, I couldn't stop myself from diving back into it.

Weightless is now a full-length, original novel pushing 90,000 words. The main characters have changed slightly, new names, new backstories and personality traits, but at it's core Weightless remains the same story of a boy and girl falling head over heels for each other knowing it will never be enough to save either one of them from the demons they're fighting inside. The band still exists, but there are now added layers to both Chloe and Alex's motivations as well as a deeper insight as to why they are the way that they are. I've begun editing and revising Break Your Little Heart as well, though it remains to be seen if it will end up as a singular sequel or the second book in a trilogy like originally intended.

All of this to say, I would never have made it here without all of you. As my readers you gave me the motivation to keep writing, and though I never published the end of Chloe and Alex's story on here, I did finish it for myself and it's what is now driving me to finish the updated versions of these stories for publication. I don't know how much longer I will be able to leave Weightless and Break Your Little Heart published on here. There may come a time these versions of the story disappear to make way for their more official counterparts. But I will never forget what this community gave me. Your comments and appreciation will live on forever in my heart.

And if you'd like to receive updates about the new, to-be-published version of Weightless feel free to post a comment and let me know! Our baby is all grown up now and I couldn't have done it without you<3