Status: Comments make me work faster ;D

An Ode for Cruelty

Jedan

Faelwen missed the delicate shade and safety of the forest as she struggled across the steep, sun-drenched hills behind her friends. She snorted, a clear sound of derision. Even a Dwarf was running faster than her! What a tragedy, a strong and stable Queen reduced to lower than even a human woman, by an Orc no less!
She sucked in her breath, hissing at the pain in her side. The bandage was loosening. She wouldn't admit it out loud. It would make Legolas worry. Which would make him want to check the bandage. Her mind drifted as she climbed the small, steep hill ahead. Her fingers traced the lines that Legolas hands had made when he put the bandage on her.
Atop the hill she looked down, the blonde Elf looked back at her, a smile on his face, "Hurry, Faelwen! We're gaining on them!"
A ghost of a smile laced her pale lips as she gasped down another jagged, painful breath. She kept running on strangely quivering legs.

Legolas looked back at her constantly, half focusing on tracking the far-off enemy, half-focusing on her failing condition. Her breathing was ragged. He could hear her pained gasps, like someone who'd almost drowned breaking the surface of water. Each time he glanced back, her shaking had worsened.
"Aragorn!" He called to his friend, drawing close by him, "We need to stop. Faelwen needs to rest."
Aragorn frowned, his brow furrowing darkly, "We can not afford to stop."
"Just for a few moments!" Legolas voice was pleading, "Aragorn, be reasonable."
Aragorn didn't reply. Gimli yelled out as a dull thud resonated off the warm grass, "Faelwen-!"

Legolas spun quickly, seeing her on the ground, gasping as she tried to pull herself back up. He shot a silent glare at Aragorn before rushing to the fallen lady's side. Gimli looked, not-so-subtly between Aragorn and Legolas, also making his way back to Faelwen. Aragorn groaned, knowing that he no longer had a say in whether or not they stopped.
"Are you alright, Lass?" Gimli gruff voice said, full of compassion.
Faelwen smirked, rolling onto her back heavily, "Couldn't be better."
Legolas sat beside her, the harshness of his glare replaced by gentle worry, "You aren't healing like an Elf normally would..." He muttered quietly.
Faelwen looked at him, an eyebrow raised, "How many times must I tell you, I'm Mornedhel, not Elf. We may be the same but we're still completely different."
He sighed, "At least let me check the bandage?"
Gimli smiled, turning away from the two Elves, heading back over to Aragorn, amusement in his voice, "Do you think they even realize how deep they are?"
Aragorn looked over at the two, in the heat of argument with no malice, "Of course they don't. Legolas can be as thick as a mountain at times, and from what I've seen, I doubt Faelwen's any different."
Gimli chuckled, "Perhaps it's just the way of the Elves. Wise in everything but their own matters."

"Legolas!" Faelwen whined, "I'm fine, really. Y-you really don't need to check the bandage."
Legolas sighed in exasperation, "Nibin, let me check! You're obviously in pain." (Petty[a name for troublesome elflings])
"It's not proper fo-"
"Since when have you cared about what's proper?"
Faelwen stumbled then, opening and closing her mouth like a gasping fish. She tried to push herself away from him, hissing loudly.
"See? I won't look, nibin. I promise," Faelwen shuddered as his breath hit the nape of her neck, "Either you do this voluntarily, or I'll force you."
Faelwen smirked, mocking in her tone, "Gosh, mallen-finnel, who knew you could be so forceful." (Golden-braids)
Legolas voice rang with exasperation again, "Make your choice, nibin."
Faelwen looked at him, whining and groaning at the set look on his face, sounding rather like a child that had been told it couldn't have any candy, "Brand! Faeg Laegrim..." (Fine! Mean Wood-Elf...)
Legolas laughed, "Umm, Faelwen, you...need to undress."
Faelwen groaned loudly, turning away from Legolas, and as an after thought, making sure that Aragorn and Gimli couldn't see her either.

Aragorn turned at the sound of Faelwen's groan, seeing her turning away from Legolas and dropping all her weapons to the ground, her body language reading chagrin and annoyance. He couldn't help but chuckle. The Dwarf beside him repeating his actions.
"Not much of a lady, but one hell of a woman," Gimli chuckled out as Faelwen's clothing pooled on the ground beside her.The bandage, too, fell loosely from her frame, now barely attached after the days of running.
Her voice split the air, "Gimli," She spoke somewhere in between humor and fury, "I can hear you."
Gimli whistled out a songless tune, stomping to make his footsteps obvious as he turned around and looked away from the Elf-maiden's bare back.
Legolas sighed, "The bandage was barely even on you anymore."
"Just fix it, mallen-finnel. We need to keep moving," Faelwen's voice returned to the soft and melodious sound it always was.
Legolas picked up the end of the bandage, wrapping it tightly around the fading bruise. He couldn't help himself, letting his fingers trace lines around her as he continued winding the bandage. By the time he finished, he found himself standing close behind her, his arms laced gently around her waist. He pretended to do something to the end of the bandage, just to keep his arms around her, his hands on her skin. Faelwen knew he was finished. She didn't know why she wasn't moving away; perhaps it was fear of the others seeing her; fear of Legolas seeing her; perhaps it was the light touches of his fingertips; or the strange bubbling in the pit of her stomach.
"I think I'm done," Legolas said quietly, his breath hitting just behind her ear, "I'll leave you to re-dress."
His hands slid off slowly, Faelwen immediately missed them. Though instead of voicing this, she said quietly, "Hannon le, Legolas." (Thank you, Legolas)

Legolas had barely made it over to his friends, both looking at him slyly before Faelwen reached them, fully dressed.
"Are we ready to keep going now?" Aragorn asked, still glancing at Legolas.
Faelwen raised an eyebrow at him, "How many days until we catch the Orcs?"
"At least three," Aragorn said glumly.
Faelwen smirked, "Then we best move quickly."
♠ ♠ ♠
So...sequel's up and started ^^
Let me know what you think. Comments DO make me work faster
<333