From Heroes To Zeroes

Where are you now?

At the beginning it seemed like a disturbing nightmare. By the time they tried to wake up they realized that everything is real. They were living a nightmare. But they weren't together any more. Each one was left by himself to deal with his own problems alone. They were seeking for help from each other but it was unlikely to happen. Then they met again. They were afraid to look at each other in the eyes. They had nothing to say to each other. time was running out. They began to think. Finally, they figured it out. They knew the way out. Reaching for the right hands of those who are willing to help them was all what they needed. Yet, there weren't hands at all. There was nothing. Everyone turned their backs to them. But no, not us. We were there to catch them when they fell. We were there since the very beginning and we'll stay there until the end.

Once upon a time he was oh so perfect. He was what everyone wanted and wished to be; an icon everybody looked up to. He was very loved that he never imagined he would ever become a loner but let's face it, he is now. He never cared about what others thought of him. He never tried hard to make others love him. Most of all, he didn't pretend to be someone he wasn't. And what did he get in the end? Nothing. Everyone abandoned him. Everyone left him to face his unknown destiny. Everyone broke the holy vows and left him. He was so lost yet willing to carry on all by himself with no on beside him.

He pretended that all these events never affected him. It was obvious and everyone saw it. It left an invisible deep cut on his soul and heart. Everyone saw it…Everyone felt it. He never talked about what actually happened. He preferred to keep the painful memory to himself. He was good at holding his memories. Also, he was good at ignoring others. He never listened to them. But soon he got weaken and they got him. He become a helpless broken spirit.

He dug himself a big dark hole and decided to stay there because he couldn't bear the oversized pain and all the things he went through. Not only he lost the only people who meant the whole world to him; he lost everything he had; everything he wished for. he lost it all. His dreams, his passion and his love toward the one and only thing he ever wanted to do. He will be staying at that hole 'til everything gets better. And surely that will never happen.

He chose to be in that white warm place even though he was the sanest person over there. He didn't belong in that horrible doleful place. He couldn't stand all the false accusations and the pathetic lies. He was fed up with everything. He didn't want to see the world. He didn't even want to see them. No one was welcomed here. He never bothered reading the headlines nor asking about them. He was fed up with everything. That place was safer than anywhere else. It felt like home to him.

He never thought he will die at this young age. They blamed him for every little tear they shed, every little thing they regretted, and every little mistake they made. But this mistake wasn't like any other little mistake. His death was the beginning of their end. The end of everything they had and shared. He wasn't ready to leave them behind. He didn't want to die. He didn't accept death when it came to him. Death couldn't wait any longer. Eventually, it took him and that was a very big mistake.

Their lives seemed like a long movie with a bluesy ending. Most of us watched silently, Others walked away, And just few of us stayed to pick them up. simply because we would never let them fall and we would never let them drown. We gave them our hands, we opened our hearts and we fought the world just to show everyone how much we cared about them. We will never let anyone hurt them. No, not anymore. Until we take our last breath, until we run out of oxygen and until the end of everything we are believing in them.