Our Minor Mistake

The party

I looked at myself in the full length mirror. I looked pretty good even if i do say so myself. The backstreet kids had been invited to a posh party. (That doesn’t happen often) but Cedar Lewis had invited everyone to her big ocean view mansion near the centre of town for her seventeenth birthday party. I can’t wait to turn seventeen but I’m the youngest in our year.

I was wearing a short, sparkly, skin tight, ruffled blue dress that sparkled in the dull light of my bedroom. My ginger hair was down instead of in my usual ponytail and my face was heavy with makeup including mascara that made my blue eyes look cat like. I felt fabulous. I don’t usually dress like this. In fact I usually go out of my way to avoid dressing like this but I thought I’d make a special effort for the posh party.

I opened the door to my room, checking the upstairs landing for either one of my highly religious parents. They never give me any freedom you see. They lock me up like a little child and think that at the age of sixteen I should be treated like a five year old. They are highly religious and would kill me if they even thought I was sexually active. Neither of them were around so i snuck down the back stairs and out the back door into the garden. I slipped my nine inch heels over my feet and walked down the road.

As usual I met my best friend Laura at the end of the road. She was wearing a very short pink dress with heels just as tall as mine. Her blonde curls were pulled onto the back of her head. She looked pretty but in her normal, slaggy, slightly desperate blonde way. We hugged; even though hugs make me feel uncomfortable I do it for her sake because she’s the huggy type. I do a lot of things for her sake. Like hang out with Martin Charmer’s who is an absolute dickhead just because she fancies him.

Of course some of the things she makes me do turn out well like she asked me to go out with Dan Harper because she wanted to get with his best friend. I still go out with him and we get along really well.

We walk down the road and then we reach the shore front. It’s a beautiful night and the moon reflects of the shimmering ocean. The three houses on Shore Lane are huge. They have big garden and are made out of soft grey brick. The one at the end has pumping music and lit windows with people in the garden which is lit with fairy lights.

We walk up to it. The door is closed. I’m about to go in but Laura thinks we should ring the bell. The bell sings a merry tune to us and a few minutes later the door swings open.

Cedar is a very tall beautiful girl with dark brown curls. She always seems very nice even though I don’t know her that well. She beams at us. ‘’Hi guys come in’’ she says leading us through into the huge house.

I mill around the house for a while and I’m talking to a very posh girl in our years called Lydia who had very long black hair down her back when I feel someone’s arms slip around my waist. I turn around to see my boyfriend Dan. He is wearing his usual hoody that he wears to hide the fact that he’s slightly chubby and jeans. I roll my eyes. ‘’You couldn’t even get dressed up’’ I say smirking.
‘’Hello to you too’’ he replies indignantly. I laugh and kiss him.

I spend an entire hour pouring alcohol down my throat and by now I’m bladdered. I’m gagging for it so I find Dan again. He is with a group of his mate laughing at some unfunny and probably sexist joke that Martin has made. I come behind him and whisper in his ear. ‘’Meet me in the upstairs bedroom’’ I hiss.

All his mates grin stupidly at him. ‘’Get in there my son’’ one of them yells.

‘’Yeah he will be ‘getting in there’’’ I say. ‘’Unlike you lot. Ever’’ I said smirking.

I go upstairs and wait. I find a beautiful bedroom with a big leopard print bed and take off my dress. In a few minutes he come up the stairs and takes me in his arms. He’s so familiar and he makes me feel safe and it makes me want to cry for some reason.

After we do it I return back to the party fully ready to get even more drunk. I go to grab a drink but someone places one in my hand. A tall blonde boy with sparkling blue eyes is stood grinning at me. I've seen him in the car park before and I know his name is Ben.

I talk to Ben for a while. I began to feel too warm. The house was stuffy and too full. I pushed my way away from him into the huge back garden. I find my way to the pool house and flop down on a bench.

It only take Ben a few minutes to find me. ‘’Hey you okay?’’ he asks. I only laugh. I giggle a little too much and fall over into his arms. He kisses me, first soft and then with a kind of forceful passion. I throw my legs round him and lift up my skirt. He holds me against the wall.

Afterwards a feel so guilty for cheating on Dan that I run straight out and bump into Laura. ‘’Come on we’re leaving’’ I say before dragging her off.

We arrive back at my street just after midnight and I sneak upstairs and into my bedroom. I throw up in the toilet before falling onto my bed without even changing or brushing my teeth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed :)

Please comment!