I'll Hum Along

Dirty Dreams and Flirtations

I got a call from Airin the next day. We mostly talked about our upcoming tour. As soon as I got back to Vancouver from my honeymoon, ED literally went on tour the next day. It was out headliner tour for our new album that we put out before I left for Rome. We were even doing a few shows in the States. We had two openers; a newer band called The December Nights (they were a trio from Vancouver – Airin produced some of their tracks) and a band we had toured with when we were still Kliik, called The Woodland Kids. They were a strange group of guys, but they were fun to be around. Airin then started talking about a dream he had. Basically, the dream involved Airin, Josh, and whip cream. Figure that one out.

Then I asked about Zack. Zack hadn't been doing well at all. A couple of weeks after the wedding, Zack was in a very serious car accident with his mom Eloisa. Zack was pulling out of a parking space, and another car came barrelling down the street. Zack made it out with a couple of bruises and a broken wrist. Eloisa wasn't so lucky.

It really hurt to see Zack in so much pain. He was a plucky guy with a smile always on his face. He always made the best of situations. Everyone was doing what they could to help him. Zack really preferred to stay inside, but we all told him that being cooped up in his apartment was not healthy. I had noticed that Zack and Keith had gotten a lot closer and were spending more time together. Normally Keith didn't spend time with anyone in ED except for touring, interviews, video or photo shoots, or the random visit when Josie would send him out to do some errands. I asked Keith why he had been hanging out with Zack so much, and Keith told me, “I know what it's like to lose everything in a matter of a few seconds.” That was probably the best thing Keith could have said.

I hung up the phone when Josh came out of the bathroom from having a shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he raised his eyebrows at me. “What did I do now?” he asked.

“My brother had a very inappropriate dream about you. He saw you naked.” I told Josh. “How do you feel about that?”

“How am I supposed to feel about that?” Josh asked, picking up a pair of pants on the floor.

“Awful.” I said. “Absolutely terrible.”

Josh came over to me and leaned down, pressing his lips against mine. “Then I feel horrible about it.” Josh smiled lightly and continued to pick pieces of clothing off the floor, deciding what to wear. “If it makes you feel any better, I had a some-what sexy dream about Matt once.”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Why would that make me feel better?” I asked.

“Because, Matt ultimately rejected me after I took my shirt off in the dream.” Josh said, and I snorted.

“You can't even get laid in your dreams.” I laughed.

“Thank you for reminding me.” Josh grumbled, changing into his clothes. Josh picked up his favourite pink belt and looped it through his jeans.

“That belt is starting to fall apart.” I said, noticing a few tears in it. Josh looked down and shrugged. “What are you going to do when that breaks?”

“Curl up in a ball and cry in a corner.” Josh said.

“I wouldn't put it past you.” I said. Josh smiled slightly, ruffling his wet hair. Josh continued to get dressed.

“I miss your long hair.” I told him. Josh paused and looked at me. “It looked really good on you.”

“Well, I miss someone who would have sex with me whenever I wanted, but it looks like neither of us are getting that anymore.” Josh concluded.

“I didn't know you broke up with your hand.” I smirked. Josh looked at me, some-what confused for a moment, and then it clicked in. He threw his towel at me, and it landed on my head. I pulled it off and pouted at him.

“Don't give me that look. You started it.” Josh said.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” I said, waving him off. Josh rolled his eyes at me, and I slid off the bed and put on my shoes. “I'm going to meet you downstairs, okay? Knowing you, you're going to take a half an hour with your hair.” I said, and Josh stuck out his tongue at me. I smiled and went downstairs to the restaurant and bar that was in the hotel. It wasn't that busy, so I sat down at the bar and ordered a drink.

I don't know how long I sat there, but finally someone came up next to me. “Excuse me miss, can I buy you a drink?” I turned my head only to see Josh with a cheesy smile on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.

“No thanks. I'm okay.” I lifted my cup at him.

“Well, perhaps you'd like to join me on the deck?” he asked me. I looked down at my nearly empty glass and slid off the stool.

“Sure. Why not?” Josh and I walked outside to the deck. The sun was just setting, and a nice orange glow was cast along the horizon. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I leaned against the railing and Josh walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He gently placed his chin on my shoulder.

“I love you.” he said, kissing my neck.

“You do know I have a husband right?” I asked him. Josh laughed.

“What he doesn't know wont kill him.” Josh told me.

“He's a very jealous man, you know.” I said.

“He's a very lucky man.” Josh replied.

“Well, of course. I mean, I'm me after all. How much better can you get?” I said. Josh pressed his lips against my neck, this time, blowing a raspberry, which made me squeal.

“Don't DO that.” I pushed his face away from my neck.

“Don't be so cocky then!” Josh said.

“That's one of my best traits!” I said in mock-shock.

“Yeah, that's true. Your cocky attitude is one of the many reasons I married you.” Josh said.

“I thought it was because no one else would have sex with you?” I said, and Josh sighed.

“You always have to ruin the moment, don't you?” he asked me.

“What kind of a wife would I be if I didn't?” I asked.

“A very bad one.” I smiled and turned in Joshes arms. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

“You know, I think I might be able to get used to your shorter hair.” I smirked. Josh frowned at me, but I could tell he was trying to hide a smile. “The silver may take a while.”

“Look, I liked your experiment with bright green streaks.” Josh said.

“Yeah, but that looked fucking hot on me.” I said. Josh nodded slightly and laughed before pulling me in close to him. How Josh was able to put up with me was beyond me. But I was happy just the same.