You're a Regular Decorated Emergency

Chapter One

"Alexis, Dr. Kroner needs you in ER, take these files to him please." my staff manager Betty thrust a stack of clipboards into my arms and gave me a little shove in the direction of the ER.

Working in a hospital was guranteed to be a busy job, its not like you could avoid it. But today was irregualry busy, injured and sick people coming arriving in swarms. Sighing, I headed over to the ER to find Dr. Kroner.

I saw him bending overa patient in one of the sick beds, moving a tiny flashlight infront of the patients eyes, which were unresponsive. I leaned against a cold metal bedframe, trying to relinquish my headache. It had been a hard few weeks, and today wasnt making it any better.

"Ah, Ms. Sauyer, are you feeling allright? You look pale. Any headaches, vomiting, or any other symptoms?" Dr. Kroner had a slightly annoying habit ofsuspecting everyone he talked to of being dangerously ill. I smiled wanly and handed over the stack of files.

"I'm fine, really Doctor." I said, after he had ceased to stop firing symptons at me.

"You look verypale, deffiantly overworked. Why dont you go home and take the rest of the weekend. I can handle the ER by myself."

"But..Its only Wednsday!" Igaped.

"Yes, I know that. Now go home. I dont want to see you until Monday!" And witha flurry of his white lab coat, he moved onto the next patient.

I left the hospital refreashed, marveling at mytwo and a half extra days off. I must look really terrible if Dr. Kronerhad suspected a three day illness, but then again he likedto tell people they were sick.
Wondering what I could possibly do with my time, I pulle dout my cell phone an dialed my best friend, Naomi.

"Hey Naomi!" i said cheerfully into the mouthpiece, pulling out of the Hospital parking lot.

"Alex? Why arent you at work?" she laughed.

"Kroner gave me the rest fo the week off! So can I come by the store until lunch?" Naomi worked at a small boutique store. It was one of my favorite places to go, seeing as I always found something interesting to buy there.

"Shouldnt you be unpacking and maybe cleaning up the mess you made in your cousins apartment? Well, really, your apartment now."

Damn, she was right. I still had all of my boxes to unpack. They had really become an annoyence these last few days, cluttering up the hallway. I had just moved back to Las Vegas, the city where I was born, after spending six months with my father in Florida. My cousin Izzie had let me stay at her place. It wasnt so bad, seeing as I was home at nights after my shifts ended, and she was home during the day before leaving for a DJ-ing gig at a local club. I hardly even saw here, so it was baisically like living alone, which I preferred.

"Yeah I guess, I'll call you later then." I sighed, dejected. Unpacking was not something I had been looking forward too but I guess I had to do it sometime. I drove gloomily back to the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes i know its kind of crappy but it gets better belive me