You're a Regular Decorated Emergency

Chapter Eighteen

All together, I dont suppose I looked bad. The black dress I had picked out yesterday was nice, but clingy. Not the most comfortable. My hair was straight, with a few front pieces twisted back. Shrugging, I exited the room and met Brendon and Izzie waiting for me in the kitchen.

"Sweet dress." Brendon said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"Where's Matt?" I asked Izzie.

"I dont know! He drove Kat home like 45 minutes ago! We're going to be late if he dosent hurry up...Stupid prick probably got lost."

"Kat was here?" I tried to make my voice sound normal, but was I any good at that sort of thing? Nope.

"Mmm." she replied distractedly. I sighed, annoyed. I'd squeeze the story out of her later.

Just then, Matt burst through the door, breathing heavy and slightly red-faced. His hair was dishevled and all over the place.
Izzie smacked him on the arm and tried to fix his hair.

"Ready?" I grabbed Brendon's hand and pulled him out the door.
He stared down at his feet, red in the face. Poor guy, he must be hot in that suit.

Now that I thought of his outfit, he really did look good. He had on black trousers that clung to him in all the right places, with a navy blue button down shirt and an unbottoned black vest.

"What are you staring at?" he asked, eyeing my self-conciously.

Had I really been staring?

"Hmm? Nothing come on lets go."

The hall was packed with my family. Everywhere you turned, there was a squealing cousin or a loud aunt. Everyone milled about, greeting each other and arguing how "us kids were too skinny and needed to eat more pie." Well, that last bit was only really from Grandma.

"Brendon Urie! Its been too long!" my Aunt Dayna -Izzie and Matts mother- gushed.
He hugged her and then was jolted about, forced onto various members of my large extended family.

I laughed at his excited reaction- my family was pretty much his. And his was like my second. I guess it was hard to grow up with someone and not become attached to their families.

The DJ my aunt and uncle had hired started playing an old 80s tune, and soon people were flocking to the dance floor.

"May I have this dance?" Brendon sweeped a bow, extending his arm out for me.

"You may." I curtsied and nodded my head, taking his hand.

We made our way onto the dance floor, sniggering at just how lame my family was behaving.

Lets just say my Aunt Sadie had gathered my younger cousins and was teaching them how to do the 'Charlie Brown'.

We laughed as I swung my hand to place it delicatly on his back, my other enclosed in his warm hand.
He tensed a little under my touch before placing his other hand on my waist.
We twirled and dipped and spun, not keeping in time with the music at all.

"I guess that wasnt so bad." I decided, propping my feet on Brendon's dashboard.

"Yeah, it was fun. I'm starving though."

"Same, MickyDee's?"

"Of course."

In an effort to show just how much they were willing to spend on the party, my aunt and uncle had hired catering. Unfortunatly, the caterer was their neighboor who workd out of his basement, so the food had a strange aroma of cat and wet.

Brendon ordered our usual, three BigMacs. We would each eat one, then split the third. This had been going on since at least 5th grade, when we thought we were really badass in buying three BigMacs all by ourselves.
Yeah, we were cool back then.

As we walked into Brendon's aprtment, Ryan groaned and crinkled his nose. He had been lounging on the couch, texting on that damn SideKick you could never get out of his hands.

"Not the stupid three BigMac thing!" he groaned again, as me and Brendon settled at the table, unwrapping those delicious creations.

"You know, if you keep eating like that, you wont be able to fit into that dress anymore Lex." Ryan stated smugly, stealing some of my fries.

"Please, I already look like a cow." I rolled my eyes.

"I think you look beautiful."

My head snapped in the direction of Brendons face. He had barely whispered, but his words were still ringing in my ears, making me lightheaded.
His face was tilted downward, but he peeked out from under his long eyelashes.
A lock of hair fell in front of his eyes, as he bit his lip nervously.

My heart stuttered, skipping a beat. After a long moment, it restarted, hammering away unnaturally loud inside my chest.

Woah. Since when that happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
probably one of my favorites chapters XD

so what'd ya think ? comments would be very appreciated

thanks ferr readinggg :]