You're a Regular Decorated Emergency

Chapter TwentyTwo

Brendon finished strumming and took a bow to the Butchers applause. I could see Ryan staring at me from the corner of my eyes, but I was too busy pretending to clap and applaud with Butcher.

Ryan was suddenly behind me, grabbing a hold of my upper arm. I winced and looked up at his face very slowly. It was a long way to look up, so I bought myself plently of time.

He pulled me into Brendon's bedroom, locking the door. I gulped and looked around frantically. Brendon's window was slightly open, and I remembered the low landing right beneath it. I could run along the landing until I got to the fire escape.

I started toward the window but Ryan grabbed my arm again and sat me down on the bed. He hovered over me, arms folded across his chest. I concentrated on my feet while contemplating my escape. Even if I distracted him in some way, he could catch up to me too easily...

"Are you going to tell me what the fuck I just saw?!" he fnally said.

I looked up to see him frowning at me.

"Depends on what you saw." I shrugged.

He sighed heavily and sat down next to me. "I saw you making googly eyes at Brendon. I saw you practically drooling at him. I saw you being extremly attracted to your best friend."

I opened my mouth angrily, but snapped it shut. Whats the point in arguing with Ryan, he'd know I was lying and just bug me more. Instead, I shrugged again like a 10 year old and shifted so I was facing the window.

"Alexis. What was that?" he tried again, more softly this time.I sighed, not knowing what to do.

I knew I couold trust Ryan with anything, but, like Naomi, I didnt want him getting the wrong idea. Like that I was in love with Brendon or something. I just have a stupid crush on him.

But Ryan's eyes were penetraing so deep into my own I'm surprised he couldnt read the answer from my mind. I scowled and cleared my throat.

Ryan shrugged, giving up. "All right, I'll leave you be. For now." And then he left without another word.

I followed him back to the small party, trying to make my walk breezy and face light.
Brendon came up to me almost immediatly. Without thinking it through, I beamed at him and ruffled his hair.

"Great job Bren, you always did have a beautiful voice."I mused.

He blushed. "Thanks."

"So, when's my next assistant assingment?" I asked.

"Uhm, two days from now, we have a meeting with Boss."

"Great." I beamed again. He smiled back, looking a litte confused.

Suddenly, my actions caught up with me and I became embarressed. I mumbled something about refilling the chip bowl and took off in the direction of the tiny kitchen, chip bowl in hand.

Now whenever I looked or talked about Brendon, or even thought about him for that fact, I would get all nervous and twitchy. I acted like I didnt even know him, which was the complete opposite.

I reached into the cabinet, drawing out the bag of Doritoes Cooler Ranch. Mmm, my favorite. I placed the bowl on the counter overlooking the rest of the apartment. Jon and Naomi had vanished somewhere, leaving the other boys to sit around and talk about random and senseless things. After growing up with Brendon, and then meeting Ryan, you cant really expect them to hold a normal conversation for too long.

I pulled at the seams of the Doritoes bag, but the greasy outside made my hands slippery. I turned it over and squeezed, hoping to pop the other side open.
Just then, without knocking, Kat breezed in, looking like the supermodel she was.

She flipped her long blonde hair over her shoulder and waltzed over to Brendon and planted a kiss, right then and there, on his lips. He grabbed her waist and pulled her forward, deepening it. The boys wolf-whistled and clapped.

Anger and humiliation gripped me, forming red spots infront of my vision. I gripped the Doritoes bag with all my might, wishinig it was Kat's precious face. The unexpected force made the bag burst open with a loud bang. Doritoes flew everywhere, blasted up into my face.

Thankfully, Kat's little PDA distracted everyone from what would have been the second humilating mistake that night. Scowling, I scooped all the chips into the garbage can, not caring if I was wasting anything.

"Oh, Alexis!" a sugary sweet voice called. I snapped my head in her direction, not beliveing Kat had just called me. I walked around the countertop and into the living area tentivly.

"Hey, Lex!" she squeeled throwing her arms around me. I patted her back half-heartdly.

"H-hi?" I tried.

"Oh Alexis we simply must go shopping together! Are you free tomorow?"

I nearly stumbled over from shock. Why the fuck would I go anywhere with She-Devil? I was about to retort, but Brendon's face stopped me. He was beaming at Kat, probably proud that she had stooped so low as to talk to someone like me.
Not knowing what else to do, I shrugged. It seemed like I was doing a lot of shrugging tonight.

Kat took my shrug as a Yes and squeeled again, darting out the door, calling goodbye to everyone.

Had she really just came here to ask me to go shopping with her tomrrow?

"Thanks." Brendon whispered in my ear. I caught his eyes. They were sparkiling with happiness, and it made my stomach queasy. "I know she isnt the nicest person when you first meet her, but give her a chance, I know you'll like her."

I nodded.

"Oh, you have a chip in your hair." Brendon laughed. He reached up and picked out a piece of a Doritoe from my hair. His hand lingered in my cheek, brushing away the hair that had fallen into my face.

Like a reflex, I jolted backward and collided with the coffeetable painfully. Swearing, I rubbed my sore calf. I heard Brendon chuckle and looked up to see him smiling down at me. My heart skipped a beat at the sight.

"I've gotta run, but I'll call you once I get home." Brendon pecked my cheek and said goodbye to everyone else, finally exiting Ryans apartment.

I blushed a thousand shades of red, fingering the spot where his lips had touched my face. It was warm and soft, exactly like the rest of my face, but it was so much more.

Ryan was staring at me again, shaking his head. I stuck my tongue out in his direction and followed Brendon and Kat, and left, waving goodbye to everyone.

I hurried home to wait for Brendon to call. Even how pathetic as that sounds, I really dont care. I was wired and hyper, ready for anything. I was even ready for tomorow. I would give Kat hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i just cant keep away from this story !@$#% ahehe

Image

i love it <3

so since i've provided you with an update&&a nice new picture...comments ? XD