You're a Regular Decorated Emergency

Chapter TwentyThree

Within five minutes of getting to my apartment, I was already dressed in my pajamas and sitting on the edge of my bed, holding the phone.

As the minutes passed, my exhilaration ebbed. What sick kind of person stared at their phone, waiting for someone not particuarly important to call? I was so excited for Brendon to call right when he got home like he said, that I was acting like a stupid teenager. I scowled at the phone held loosly in my hand, letting it fall to the floor. This was starting to get out of hand.

My phone vibrated suddenly and I nearly fell down in my hurry to get it.

"Hello?" I said breathlessly.

"How come you never say 'Hey' or 'Hi' or something different, you always say 'Hello'" Brendon thought aloud.

"Hey Bren."I rolled my eyes even though he couldnt see me, my excitment back.

"So whatcha doin?"

"Uhm, right now I'm talking to you." I laughed

"Cool. Well, I talked to my parents, and they expect us at their house by thursday." I could tell he was eating something from the scratchy pauses inbetween words.

"Oh! Is it really your mothers birthday already?" I mused, slightly alarmed.

"Yup, so I'll pick you up Thursday morning then we can drive up to them and stay until Sunday. Sound good?"

"Sounds great!"

Every year on Brendon's mothers birthday, we always visited. I also spent every holiday with them, seeing as my family really isnt that accessible.
Was it wrong that devious thoughts were coming into my mind now, of me and Brendon spending a four-day vacation, practically alone and secluded? I shook those thoughts from my mind quickly, a wave of guilt washing over me. I couldnt do this, I needed to stop. But the more I said it, the harder it was getting.

Me and Brendon talked into the night, just like how we used to. Only now, my mother didnt stumble into the house drunk and pass out on the floor, leaving me to take care of her. And now we didnt have to whisper, as to not wake up Brendons parents. I sighed inwardly, closing my eyes. I missed back then, when everything was so simple and fun.
"Bren? I'll see you tomorow, I'm gunna go to bed."

"OKay," he yawned, "Come over tomorow after shopping with Kat."

I shut my phone,a smile on my face. I slipped into a dreamless sleep effortlessly, snuggling up in my comforter.
==================
For once in my entire existence, I woke up before my alarm. I was too excited to sleep any longer. Literally jumping out of bed, I pulled open my closet door and examined its closley. I grabbed what I needed and headed to the bathroom.

Izzie was up also, gulping down ceral like it was going out of style.

"Wheres the fire Izz?" I asked, pouring myself a bowl. She looked up, catching sight of my outfit, and choked on her ceral.

"Since when do you wear that?"

"Since I'm going out shopping with Kat." I dumped my half-eaten bowl into the sink and skipped to the door and down the stairs. Kat was waiting for me outside in her bright pink convertable, applying lip gloss.

I skipped to the car and opened the door loudly, plopping myself on the sticky leather seats. Kat turned and gasped when she saw me, cowering against her side of the car.
I grinned and waved hello, glancing down at my outfit. I had on my mall outfit, the one I used to wear everytime I went to the mall with Brendon. Sometime around our three BigMac phase, we had made up these outfits and wore them religiously.

It consisted of: a black tee shirt that said BRENDON'S BITCH layered over a long sleeved mustard yellow shirt, a pair of Brendons boxers over bright pink tights with green army boots.
"Brendons Bitch..?" Kat read aloud. I nooded ferverently, smiling from ear to ear.

She forced a chuckle then sped off. We didnt talk the whole time, so I propped my feet on her dashboard and turned up the radio. I didnt listen to much rap music, but from the way Kat cringed when I tuned in to the station, I knew it was perfect. I cranked up the volume as loud as it would go and tried to sing along. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kat pull her hood onto her head and sink low into her seat.

Once we got there, she cut the engine immediatly, killing the radio. I hummed a random tune as we stepped into the mall.
"So, uh, where to first?" she asked lamely. I smiled and pulled her into my favorite store.
It was one of those quirky stores that you could only find in one place, but it had the best clothes. Kat pulled her hand out of mine as soon as she saw where I was headed and instead directed me into the nearest Armani Exchange.I shrugged and followed her.
We were greeted at the door by a small petite woman. Her smile was forced and hard, waving us into the store hurridly, eyeing my shirt.

Kat browsed at the highest priced rack, fingering the clothes delicatly.
"Man these clothes are complete crap arent they?" I said loudly. Kat wheeled around and shushed me, her jaw set and eyes dancing furiously. I smirked and picked up a plain white button down top.

The tag read $200. I scoffed and turned it over, expecting some kind of gold embroidered in it to make it that expensive.
"Can you believe this? All this money, and all we're really paying for is so that some high class rich bitch can get another Botox injection." I said even louder, shaking the shirt in Kat's eyes.

I noticed she had the exact same shirt in two different colors draped over her arm. I held back laughter at the perfect way this was going. She pursed her lips and flung the clothes back onto the rack, dragging me out of the store and into Juicy Couture. Oh, she was making this too easy.

No more than an hour later, I had succeeded. Kat was full-on darting for the car, not even bothering to wait for me to walk alongside her. I lagged behind, swinging my arms aimlessly and looking up at the sky. It was a clearblue,not a cloud in sight.

I laughed to myself at Kat's reaction today. I hadnt even seen her leave Juicy after my outburst of rap verses I had picked up on the way over here. Then she brings me to the mothership, Bloomingdales. I really thought she'd faint right there, when the security guard forced us to leave, saying I was disruptfull and intactful.

Before I got a chance to turn on the rap music again, Kat forced a CD in. The car was floded with a sickly sweet pop song. I cringed, trying to block it out.
=====================
Kat was out of the car with lightnening speed once we parked by Brendon's apartment building. She hurried forward and got into the elevator before me, leaving me to wait for the next one.

I approached his apartment quietly.I could just make out Kats voice through the open door.
"Brendon! You should have seen what she was wearing!" Kat said whisper-screamed.

"Oh come on, it couldnt have been that bad."

"Bren, you dont know. I had to drag her out of Armani, she was singing vulgar rap in Juicy Couture, and we got kicked out of Bloomingdales. Kicked out, Brendon."

I took this as my que to enter. I rounded the corner and stood in the doorway, hand on my hip and smile radient. Kat was leaning forward, close to Brendon, her eyes wild.He had an annoyed look on his face, shaking his head sadly.

"Bren!" I said, catching his attention. Kat looked at Brendon greedily, hoping for him to tell me off.
Instead, his face lit up upon seeing my outfit. "Oh My God!" he squeeled excitdly, running into his bedroom.

Kats face turned into one of horror. She turned to face me slowly, eyeing me increduously.
Brendon hurried out of the room pulling a shirt over his head. It said LEXIE'S HOE.
Kat's jaw dropped as she looked at the two of us like we were insane.

Brendon hugged me, burying his face into my hair. I hugged him tight, closing my eyes and breathing in his scent.
He let me go and faced Kat, hand still around my waist.
"We used to wear these shirts all the time!" he said. She scoffed and retreated into the kitched, looking scared.
Brendon shrugged and winked at me.My heart soared and my face hurt from smiling so wide.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg i cant stop !
i just have so many great ideas for this story&i'm dying to get them out :}

comments would make me oh-so-happier