You're a Regular Decorated Emergency

Chapter FiftySix

"Brendon?" I asked nervously as he drew closer to me.
"Yes?" he whispered huskily, now standing mere inches in front of my face. The swings of the deserted playground squeaked noisily in the wind behind his head. I gulped and shuffled my feet on the gravel.

"W-What are you doing?"
Brendon hooked a piece hair behind my ear, smiling hugely. "I believe its called kissing."
His lips were on mine, and I reached up to cup his face. Our kiss was passionate, and right in every way. I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to admit my feelings to him.

DING

I jumped as the elevator doors opened noisily, bringing me out of my daydream. I sighed and felt my mood fall with disappointment. It only took me a thirty second elevator ride to dream up an entire parallel world, and to be honest it was happening a lot. Anytime I wasn't speaking or my attention was completely grabbed, my mind switched into dream mode and Brendon's face swam before my vision.

"Brenny? Ryaaaan?" I called, walking into Brendon's apartment without bothering to knock. Ryan and Brendon were standing in front of his wooden bookcase, shuffling the contents around.

"Lexie, your just in time! We were about to crack open one of these lovely board games, but we don't know which one." Brendon smiled.

I skipped over, throwing my handbag on the couch. I leaned over their shoulders and looked through the shelves.

"I say, either Twister or," Ryan stood up, holding two boxes. "Disney Scene It."
Brendon rolled his eyes and shook his box furiously. "We need to play Life! Its a classic game!"
"Lex, you pick." Ryan immediately turned on me, shaking his boxes slightly with a huge grin on his face. Brendon elbowed him out of the way and pouted, holding Life next to his face.

I laughed, "Sorry, Brenny, but I'm going to have to go with Disney Scene It."
Ryan whooped and high fived me, while Brendon pouted and put his box back sadly.

"Aw, Bden don't be sad. Besides, Disney makes everything more fun." I pinched his cheek and he perked up.
"Okay, but you get to be on my team!" Brendon grabbed my arm and pulled me close.

"No, thats not fair!' Ryan whined, unpacking the box. "Lexie's freaking amazing at this game. She needs to be on my team."
"You got to pick the game, I pick my player. And I pick Lexie. She's all mine!" Brendon squeezed my from behind, lifting me into the air. I giggled and smacked the back of his head playfully.

The door banged open with suck force and spontaneity that Brendon jumped, almost dropping me. I turned to see a face I had almost forgotten in these last two weeks. One of impeccable, model beauty with long hair and a figure most girls would kill for. But under all those expensive beauty products and fake tan, she was nothing more than the rest of us.

Kat clenched her fists when she saw me in Brendon's arms.
"Kat? What the hell are you doing here?" Brendon said robustly, letting go of me gently.

She stormed into the room and took Brendon by the arm, dragging him into the bedroom, ignoring his protests. Kat slammed the door and in no time, her shrieking reached our ears. Ryan let out a low whistle and I bit my lip.
"Well that was unexpected." I muttered, beginning to help Ryan take out the rest of the game pieces.

I heard Kat scream my name.
My head snapped up and I got to my feet, curiosity completely overtaking me. Ryan cocked and eyebrow and together we tip-toed to the bedroom door and placed our ears against the wood.

"Brendon, I forbid you to see her anymore!' Kat screamed.
"No." his tone was so cold, it almost made me flinch.
A loud smacking noise followed and Ryan drew in a short, angry breath. With a jolt, I realized what the sound meant. Kat had slapped Brendon. I fought with myself, resisting the urge to storm in there and beat the crap out of her.

I heard Brendon sigh heavily. "Kat, I will absolutely not cut Lexie out of my life. Are insane to even think that?!"
"Well, too bad because you're doing it! I see the way she looks at you, shes not as innocent as you think!"

I nearly fell over in shock, clutching my gaping mouth. Ryan was red in the face and glaring at the door. I fought back tears. Why hadn't anyone warned me I was being that obvious? God, I feel like such a fool right now. Leave it to Kat to make me feel this way.

Brendon didn't answer for a long moment. When he finally did, it was in a whisper. "I don't know what, she never...."
I could practically hear Kat roll her eyes. "Please Brendon. Shes in love with you, everyone sees it."
"She's...she's...?"
"But I wont let her ruin what we have! Don't you see why we need to cut her out now? Brendon, you need to forget her."

"Why?" Brendon whispered, his voice low and scratchy. I hung my head in shame, the tears ever so close now. Ryan gripped my hand comfortingly.
"WHY?! Why Brendon?!" Kat blew up. "Does this relationship really mean nothing to you?"

"Actually, we really need to talk...." Brendon said, a little more confidence in his voice.
"Will you just shut the hell up and listen to me? Goddamn it Bren, I'm pregnant!"
♠ ♠ ♠
please dont hate me & please keep reading.