You're a Regular Decorated Emergency

Chapter Sixty

Ryan's POV

Brendon shuffled along beside me, his hood pulled up and head down. I don't think I've seen a more depressed person in my life. I cant really blame him though, just the same as I cant blame Alexis. Its just one fucked up situation.

"I guess we should get back. We left Kat to get juice an hour ago, and we never even went to the store." Brendon sighed and we re-directed our walk in the direction of their apartment.

"Ryan, I really need your help." Brendon mumbled, glancing at me. "What do I do? I don't want to lose my best friend, and I'm scared I will."
"Bren, its me, you don't have to pretend. I know Lex is more than a friend to you."

"Ryan, don't start that again. That was a long, long time ago."
I rolled my eyes and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him slightly. "Brendon fucking Urie you have been in love with Alexis since the eleventh grade. You told me yourself. And don't go off saying that you 'fell out of love' during tour, either."
Brendon averted his eyes and kept walking.

"What I felt, thought I felt, in high school was ridiculous. I've accepted that, why cant you? All I want is my best friend back."

I feel like throwing a tantrum, riping my hair out, screaming at the tops of my lungs. Being in the middle of this is driving me completely mad.
Yes, I'm one of those people.

I have two best friends, so irrevocably in love with each other, but too blind to see it.

Brendon has loved Lex since 11th grade, he confessed it to me himself.
Lex is just starting to admit her feeling are deepening.
And they've both made me promise not to say a word to anyone.

Brendon claims the tour did him good, that he was able to clear his mind and accept whatever it is he accepted. But then, right once he 'claims' he fell out of love, Lex falls in love. Timing has never been so imperative.

I know if I told Lex or Brendon how the other feels, I would literally get my ass kicked. So I keep to myself and listen to both of them vent, gently pushing them in the right direction. It was working perfectly fine before Kat went prego on us and ruined my whole master plan.
If its possible, I've come to hate that girl even more.

Brendon came to a stop in front of his door, and I knew he was rearranging his drooping features into a smile. He cleared his throat and finally opened the door.

The apartment was completely silent.
Brendon shot me a confused look and peered into the kitchen. "Kat?"

Suddenly, Kat burst out of the bedroom, dressed in a white robe and clutching a glass of wine.
"Honey, your home early." she said nervously, taking a sip of the wine. Brendon yelped and flew forward, swatting the glass out of her hand.
"Kat are you fucking out of your mind? You cant drink while your pregnant!"

I took this as my cue to move to the side, watching the scene unfold in front of me.
"Pregnant? I'm not--Oh." Kat stopped short and bit her lip.

Brendon took a shaky step backwards, breathing deeply. "Your not what, Kat? Not pregnant?!"

"I...uh..." Kat stumbled. Her face turned to stone in an instant. "Well, how did you expect me to get that skank out of our lives? We don't have to worry now, cause she's never going to bother with us again!"

"Baby?" A voice I didn't recognize said from the bedroom. "Who are you yelling at?"

Brendon and I froze, staring at the bedroom door. Kat's eyes darted desperately between Brendon's and the door.
A tall, gangly man stepped out cautiously, dressed in his boxers. His face looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. The mailman? Nah, that guy was at least 60. The waitress as the diner?

"What the FUCK!" Brendon roared, bringing me back to the present. I clenched my jaw and stood right beside him, balling my hands into fists. "Kat, why the hell is Matt here?!"

It hit me. Matt, Lex's cousin. My jaw slackened slightly at the news. I feel so dumb, why didn't I see this before?

"Oh, Matt! Well, he.." Kat trailed off, hopelessly looking at Matt.
Mat gulped and glanced at my partially raised fist. He made eye contact with me, and smiled. Why the fuck did he just smile at me?
"Hello, Ryan. What was your name? Brian, or something?" Matt said cockily.

I lunged forward and connected my fist with his jaw. He stumbled backward into the wall, looking at me like I had three heads. I felt the skin on my knuckles rip, but that didn't matter to me right now.

Kat screamed something, and I turned just in time to see Brendon sprinting out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
a lot to take in, i know.
but we finally see another side of brendon.
did i do ryan's pov justice ?
lol

a nice, juicy, comment will really make my day. and make me comment faster.