Cheyenne's Journal

That's final

Baso snatched the journal from my hands just as I was beginning to write. "You're writing about me, aren't you?"

I smiled at her. "I would be, if you hadn't stole the book." The cafeteria was full of people, but I had been sitting alone until Baso had just found me.

"May I read it?"

I hesitated. "Take it home with you, if you want. Just don't read it with me around."

She nodded adorably, her long brown curls bouncing, and I had to pull her into me. "You're beautiful babe."

I felt her cheeks lift against my shoulder, and my own lips turned up into a smile. I planted a small kiss on her lips, and then we were dismissed back to class, which luckily, we had together.

We were out side the classroom in a big crowd of people, when some teacher called, "Seperate, girls."

All we had been doing was standing in the corner and talking. We weren't even holding hands. I pointed to the couple next to us, infuriated. She turned away as if she hadn't seen anything. Letting out a quick gust of air, I told Baso we should head to class. Ms Brown's classroom had 20 other people in it, and a couple people cringed as we walked into the room, hand in hand, with huge smiles on our face.

"Lezzz," we heard someone say.

"Obviously," I snapped at her.

"Shut the hell up. You disgust me. Go shove one in your face, 'cause I know that would disgust you."

"And it wouldn't disgust you? God, you skank!"

She gasped dramatically, and Ms. Brown scolded me. "Do you want to go to the office, Cheyenne?"

"No, ma'am." I mumbled, not even looking up when Baso tried to get my attention. I just stared at my desk, thinking how stupid this rotten school was.

I finally looked up when a peper airplane flew towards us and hit Baso in the nose. I snatched it off my desk, staring at the culprit, Alexis. After reading it, I flipped her the bird. Ms Brown "just happened" to see only this, and immediately told me to go to the office. I stood from my chair, crumpled the paper airplane in my hands, and threw the stupid ball at her face. It bounced off her nose and her little face scrunched up, but I just continued walking out the door. I know Baso laughed, because Ms Brown screamed, "You too, Baso Moo!"

She left the room, catching up to me with a troubled look on her face.

"Is your mom going to be mad?"

"No, she'll never know."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Ms Brown's an idiot, and I wish you would've punched Alexis in the face."

"I will, babe," I told her, wrapping my arms around her. "Tomorrow she'll have bruises. Did you see what the note said?"

"Yeah...fuck you, dyke."

I hated Alexis and her stupid taunts on my angel. I would get her back for that. Call me any name you want to, but never EVER call my girl anything.

And that's final.