Status: active

Your Guardian Angel

Chapter Thirteen.

The screams echoed through the halls.

Maya, sure she wasn’t visible by anyone, cringed. Her mistress’ screams had been going on for over an hour like they had for the past two weeks. She hustled her way through the hallways once the scream stopped, knowing Dante would soon be done with her and dump Natasha’s weak body in her room.

Sure enough, Maya had time enough to fold down the covers before Natasha’s body was dropped to the bed. Natasha stirred and winced in pain. Maya silently sent up thanks for Natasha surviving, knowing the torture was more than normal people could bear.

“Make sure she’s at dinner,” one of the men said before he shut the door.

The second day Natasha had been there, Dante had figured out none of his powers worked on her. For that reason alone, he beat her. Immediately after, he had started pressing her for answers about Caleb, and a supposed army that Gabriel was building. When Natasha didn’t say anything, he beat her again. He’d taken her to a different level of the estate, and even from there, her screams could be heard all over.

Maya brought the kit of antiseptic to the bed where Natasha laid quietly crying, blood pouring from her nose and lip. She brought Natasha’s head to her lap and hummed softly. As she had been doing since the second day, she hummed a lullaby tune that calmed Natasha down enough to let her fall asleep for a few hours.

Maya knew that even though she needed it, Natasha wouldn’t sleep well. She’d started having nightmares; horrible terrors that made her scream and cry. By the time Maya got there, Natasha was soaked with sweat, tears, and the screaming had turned to mumbling. Whenever Maya reached to wake her up, the screams would start all over again. Finally waking up, Natasha would calm down, but the crying would continue.

By the time Maya moved to wake Natasha up, the door to the room was thrown open and slammed against the wall behind it. Dante stood in the open doorway staring at Natasha. Maya was frozen with fear, knowing nothing good could come of this.

Dante moved swiftly to the bed where he saw Natasha sleeping.

“Why is she sweating?”

“I don’t know, my Lord,” Maya mumbling, looking at the carpet.

Dante shook Natasha’s shoulders. She didn’t wake, but she mumbled something. Dante shook harder.

“Caleb!” Natasha breathed out as her eyes opened.

Maya watched as Natasha’s eyes focused, realized what she’d done, and her breath stopped. Dante’s eyes grew black all over and his hand reared back before cracking down on her lip, reopening the cut that was already there.

“Get dressed, you bitch,” he growled out and turned back to the door. With a wave of his hand, he slammed the door behind him.

More tears fell down Natasha’s face and she felt a tingle all over her body. She knew he was making the cuts and bruises disappear, but the pain was still there. Slowly, she lifted her legs over the side of the bed and slowly stood up. She waved Maya away as she came to help, but she needed to do this on her own. Gritting her teeth and feeling the pain in her thighs and legs, she stood up and made her way to the bathroom to get ready for dinner.

She didn’t speak at all during dinner unless spoken to. She smiled as she was instructed to do, and was polite to everyone. She had even gotten used to the gruesome faces that appeared at the table. She drank the wine, and every once in a while, she felt Max’s presence behind her and he refilled her goblet. Dante had instructed that her wine be watered down because he detested drunken people, but Max knew she needed something to numb the pain and took pity on her. By her fourth glass, she felt the effects and knew she needed to stop.

As Dante stood up, so did everyone around the table. He made his way to stand in front of Natasha, and she carefully looked at his nose as to not make eye contact. He held out his arm and she hesitantly took hold of it.

“We bid you all a good night,” Dante said and Natasha heard snickers at his words.

A chill went down her spine as they made their way to her room. The door opened, startling Maya. With a wave of his hand, Dante dismissed her, but not before Natasha saw the pitying look on her face and she started to shake all over.

Once the door was shut behind them, Dante shoved her forward. She stood in front of the mirror as he silently unbound her corset. He wasn’t at all gentle with her, and she jerked everytime he pulled one loose. Once the corset was undone, it was ripped from her. She stood barely clothed and she tried to cover herself with her hands.

“No, not this time, bitch. You dare to speak his name in my house!?” Dante thundered.

Tears leaked from her eyes. She knew she couldn’t apologize now.

“I told you never to say that disgusting name, yet you dare speak that fucking scum’s name in my presence!?” He hollered, his voice jumping a notch.

She was twirled around to face him. He slapped her another time before picking her up and flinging her on the bed. She looked up to see him unbuttoning his shirt and knew what was going to happen. She started begging then; backing up as far as she could but her back hit the headboard. Her eyes widened as his shirt came off, and he reached for his pants.

That’s when she started screaming.

Image

Caleb sat at the meeting, but he didn’t speak. He hadn’t really spoken in the weeks that she’d been missing. Everyday his pain grew and grew, and he knew that she was in immense pain, be he could do nothing about it and he was pissed off.

Even now, sitting in the meeting with the Council, trying to figure out what to do, he felt her pain. Thankfully, he knew she was still alive, but he couldn’t find her. He felt her, but didn’t know where to go and he desperately wanted to find her.

He listened, not really paying attention as Gabriel and the Council discussed different options. He had plans of his own, but he wasn’t going to tell anyone. He’d made a pact with Max and Maya before they went into the den, that if she was ever to be taken there, they would get her out. He knew almost where Dante’s property was, but he couldn’t be sure and didn’t want to risk getting too close and Dante doing something to Natasha.

Suddenly, a pain ripped through his lower body and he cried out. He arched back in pain and his hands clenched the chair arms, snapping them. Yelling, he closed his eyes in agony. The pain lessened, but it didn’t go away.

Everyone crowded around him, and he yelled out again in pain. Finally, it eased a bit, and he was able to open his eyes, but was still breathing heavily.

“Caleb, what is wrong?” Gabriel asked.

“Natasha…she’s in pain…a lot of pain,” Caleb panted out, wincing a few more times.

“How long has this been happening?” a Council member asked.

“A few weeks,” Caleb said, holding onto his knees and trying to breathe. “It’s like he’s torturing her or something. This time, it isn’t all over… it’s in one specific spot.”

“Where?” Gabriel asked.

“In my groin,” Caleb softly said, almost embarrassed by saying it.

“He’s raping her,” Gabriel said, shocked.

Caleb immediately stood up, angered. He felt himself shaking, and knew his tattoo was moving. He ignored the calls of the Council members and Gabriel and took off running toward the balcony and over it. He flew all over the countryside, looking for any sign of anything. He needed to get his mind off of the pain, but he knew it was the only thing keeping him connected to Natasha.

“Hold on, baby,” he whispered to the air.

Image

A dark-haired girl sat on a rock overlooking a deep pooled area at the end of a river. Natasha recognized her as Amelia, and as she looked closer, she saw some similarities between the girl in front of her and herself.

Amelia laughed at something below her, and Natasha looked down to see the blonde girl with two males in the pool. One of them was Dante. He swam to one of the rocks and climbed out of it. His toned body shone in the sunlight and he sat down beside Amelia. She smiled shyly at him before leaning in for a chaste kiss.

“I love you,” Dante whispered to the girl and stroked her cheek.

A sharp pain grabbed Natasha, and she was brought back to her own world. Thankfully, he was finished, and for the first time she was glad she’d looked into his eyes. The vision had taken her away from the rape that was happening to her and she welcomed it.

Dante didn’t speak to her as he dressed and left. She pulled her knees up to her chest and tried to breathe. A few minutes later, Maya came running back into the room with Max on her heels. Natasha pulled the cover up around her and with wide eyes, watched them move around the room. Maya went to the bathroom and started a bath while Max poured some dark liquid into a shotglass and handed it to her. Instantly, she downed it with one hand while the other still held the sheet. He moved back to the dresser and poured another one, handing it to her. It didn’t burn as badly as the first one did, and she welcomed it.

After the fourth one, he handed her the entire bottle.

“Max, that’s enough,” Maya said coming back into the bedroom. “Go get some sheets for me, please.”

Max nodded and left the room. Once the door was shut, Maya motioned for Natasha to go to the bathroom and helped the younger girl into the tub. Not caring if she was naked or not, Natasha sank into the hot water and cradled the bottle of whiskey in her arm. She sat still as Maya washed her. She looked down to see the water was tinged pink and knew he’d ripped her. She took another swallow of the whiskey. No tears came, this time, and she was thankful.
“Baby, what has he done to you,” Maya whispered as she finished up.

She watched Natasha finish off the bottle of whiskey and hiccup herself to sleep. She woke her up a few minutes later, and Natasha barely made it out of the tub. She could hardly hold herself upright as Maya wrapped the towel around her. Max came in then and announced he’d made the bed. Maya motioned for him to pick Natasha up, and he did, setting her back down in the bed. She was already fast asleep.

Max left, but Maya stayed by Natasha’s side as she’d done the entire time and waited for the nightmares to come. She didn’t have to wait long.
♠ ♠ ♠
wowee, i didn't know i was as done with this chapter as i was.
this one's pretty dark, don't you think?
but i love that Caleb and Natasha have a connection now.
ugh. i miss this story!