Status: coming soon.

Without A Doubt, You're All I Dream About.

Bold Enough To Fall

Haley’s P.O.V

I woke the next morning feeling excited. Brian was gone, Jack and I were as close as we had ever been and it was the first day of autumn. My favourite season.

For the first time in quite a while, I was actually looking forward to the day ahead. I packed my bag, kissed my mum goodbye and off I went to school, with a little spring in my step.
Once I reached the school, I immediately went to find Jack. I just really wanted to see him. As I was walking through the hallway, I bumped into Alex.

“Hey! Alex!”

“Yo, how are ya Hales?” he ruffled his hair.

“Pretty good, actually. Just wondering, have you seen Jack?”

“Oh yeah, he sent me a text this morning saying he wasn’t able to come to school today… said he was feeling sick.”

Oh no. last time Jack said he was “sick” , it was a load of crap.

Alex must’ve seen my face fall so he said,

“Don’t worry about him. I’m sure he’s fine. Probably just caught a stomach bug.”

But for some reason, I had a feeling this was more than just a ‘stomach bug’.

“No. I don’t think so. Sorry Alex, I’ve got to go. Tell our English teacher that I had a family emergency please?”

“Wait! Haley! Where are you going?”

But I didn’t answer. I was already running down the hallway, out of the school.

I could hear my heart thumping as I raced down the street, towards Jack’s house. My feet were hitting the ground hard as I pushed on. I knew something was up, and I just had to go check on him.

I was so out of breath after five minutes of running, and I slowed down.

No, Haley. What are you doing? You can’t stop now. keep going! I told myself. And with that I picked up my speed. So many thoughts were running through my mind. They weren’t positive ones either.

Finally, after what seemed hours, I reached Jack’s house. I slowly made my way up the front stairs, bracing myself for what was going to happen behind that front door.

I rang the doorbell and Joyce, almost instantly, opened the door.

“Joyce, what—“ she pulled me into a hug.

“Oh, Haley! i am so glad you stopped by! Jack isn’t looking too good…”

My heart started beating faster.

“W-w-what do you mean, Joyce?” i asked, with a shaky voice.

“Well, let’s just say that he didn’t come home until 9pm…which is not what concerned me…”

“Is he okay?!” I was really concerned now.

She let out a sigh. “Go see for yourself, honey.”

I ran up the stairs, as fast as my legs could take me to Jack’s room. I pulled open the door and I was shocked to see him in such a state.

I was not expecting to see him with a bandage wrapped around his nose and forehead, and especially not with dark, purple circles around his left eye.

The colour drained from my face.

“Oh my God, Jack. W-w-what happened?” I walked over and sat next to him on his bed. He winced.

“no-“

“Don’t you fucking dare tell me if was nothing Jack Bassam Barakat. I mean it. what the fuck happened?!”

“Brian.” He whispered.

Oh boy. I could feel my breakfast coming back up.

“Oh.”

“Yeah. He somehow knew that I walk home through the park…”

His face. I couldn’t look at him. I felt terrible. This was all my fault. I shouldn’t have been such a baby and just put up with Brian, that way Jack wouldn’t be like this. My heart ached.

“Jack, I am so sorry. It’s all my fault.”

“Hales, it’s not your fault. It’s not your fault Brian is such a selfish asshole.”

It hurt me to even look into his eyes. And at that moment, I just burst into tears.

“it is my fault, Jack,” I sobbed. “look at me. i’m crying again. Shouldn’t you be the one crying? I mean look at you…”

He laughed. “Haley… just shut up. I’m fine. Now come ‘ere.” I lay down next to him, with slow movements making sure not to put him in anymore pain than he was in.

“I’ll look after you, okay, Jack? Anything you want. I’m not going to school… so, is there anything I can do for you, sir?” I asked.

“No, not really. Just lay here with me.” I felt his hand slip into mine.

*** 2 hours later***

I was woken by a knock on the door. Shit. I must’ve fallen asleep. For a moment I was confused as to where I actually was. Oh, right. Brian bashed Jack. I got up out of Jack’s arms and opened his bedroom door, to see Joyce.

“Is everything alright in here, darling?”

“Yes, everything’s fine, Joyce. Jack’s just getting some rest.”

She smiled.

“why don’t you come downstairs for a bit? I’ll make you a hot chocolate.”

I couldn’t resist that.

Joyce and I sat together for around an hour, talking. She asked me all about my life; my friends in New York, school work, my mum and why decided to move to Baltimore.

“My mum tends to pack everything up and run away when a guy breaks things off with her. I don’t know why. But I’m glad we’ve moved here.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
okaaaay so kind of a boring chapter...it was just a filler. i am so excited, cute chapters coming up! c;
might update again tomorrow...until then, comment, subsribe and spread this around please? <3