Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Kentucky

*Josh's POV*

I stared at the television screen, my family and friends surrounding me, unusually quite. I was back in Kentucky for the week, since we had off of filming. I watched the picture flash on the screen of me and Charlie, a private moment in the alley of the club. Her hair was pulled back from her face, the beautiful curve of her flushed cheek in view. Her long legs were in between mine, holding her small body against my chest. We look madly, and passionately in love. How the hell did they get this picture? The screen flashed back to Charlie, looking stunning as ever, biting her lip, her gaze steady with the hostess Emily. She seemed to pull herself together, smiling unfazed by the picture. Her soft, smooth voice echoed the room, "Me and Josh are close friends". The whole interview, she played it cool, even when the hostess asked about how handsome I was. But I could tell now she was about to break, I don't think anyone else noticed. Just me, cause I knew her the best. Emily thanked her, and she cut to commercial. I felt bad that Charlie was in L.A., handling all the press and paparazzi alone.

Connor, my brother, stared at me in shock, "Josh, she's hot!" I put my head in my hands as the room erupted with laughter. One of my friends hit me on the back, "How in the hell did you manage to get Charlie Madison? She's gorgeous dude." I snapped back at him, "Yeah, I know. Look guys, no one was suppose to know about us", I shook my head, unable to believe this was happening. My mom questioned," How long have you guys been dating?" I stood up to face her,"Since the beginning of filming for Catching Fire". She shook her head, "That's not that long, Josh..." I pushed my hand through my hair, getting upset, "Yeah well she's special ok?" Everyone looked at me with questioning stares. I just shook my head, and walked out of the room and outside to the backyard. I pulled up my phone and quickly dialed Charlie's number.Her voice was broken on the other side, "Josh?"

"Charlie, sweetheart, are you OK?" She began sobbing on the phone, unable to speak. "Charlie, it's OK. This was gonna happen eventually, it just happened sooner rather than later!" This caused her to sob harder. I sighed, "Charlie we're going to fine, OK? I promise you, " She sniffled and spoke in a soft voice, "I need you, Josh." It practically broke my heart. I thought about it for a while, then spoke,"Put Kelly on the phone Charlie...Kelly? OK, here's what you're going to do..." It wasn't a good idea to go back to L.A., but that didn't mean Charlie couldn't come here to Kentucky.

"Mom, stop cleaning! She's not gonna care how the living room looks!," I sighed, sitting on a stool in the kitchen, watching my mom vaccum the carpets for the fourth time in a row. "If Charlie Madison is staying at my house, then I'm making sure she doesn't think we're slobs! I mean, gosh..." My mom was nervous, I could tell. She was a big fan of Charlie's and praised her for being so young and so talented. My dad, on the other hand, applauded me for getting a girl who'd been on the Maxim's hot list two years in a row. I sighed, patiently waiting for Charlie's car to pull up. My friends had begged to be here when she arrived, but I demanded them not to show up, and then promised them that they'd get to meet her later. I wasn't nervous for Charlie to meet my family because, well, she had this way with people. They always adored her, always were fascinated how such a beautiful, talented Hollywood actress could be so humble, down to earth. My family would love her, I was sure of that. "She's here!" I heard my little brother scream from the other room.

I walked out to the car, well actually limo. Charlie was slowly getting out of the door, sunglasses hiding her beautiful face. I ran up to her and pulled her into me, enjoying the feel of her body against my own. "Josh, you really didn't need to do this.." I pulled her back and could see her face was pale and puffy, probably from crying. "Of course I did, Charlie. I wasn't gonna leave you alone." She smiled up at me, pulling her sunglasses off her face. She looked tired, her face drained, but despite that, she was still absolutely beautiful. "I love you Josh", she whispered. She was wearing tight jeans that hugged her small body, flat shoes, and a plain white tee shirt. But the way she looked was anything but plain, she still glowed. She still took my breath away. I pressed my lips to hers, rubbing the small of her back. "OK Josh, are you carrying my bags in, or am I?" I chuckled as I reached for her suitcase, pulling it up to the curb. "What a gentleman!" She smiled at me, laughing at her own joke. I thanked the driver, and reached for Charlie's hand.

My mom practically ran to the door as we stepped in. She had met alot of celebrities before, but Charlie wasn't any ordinary celebrity. "Hello! You must be Charlie," I think my mom was trying to play it cool, but I knew she was excited, "Hello Mrs. Hutcherson, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." Charlie gave my mom one of those famous smiles, the ones that make her so liked by everyone who meets her. My dogs started barking, and running towards Charlie. Charlie laughed and began scratching behind their ears. Diesel jumped up and pawed Charlie's white shirt, leaving behind a brown stain. "Oh, I'm so sorry. That shirt must be expensive, these dogs are so bad sometimes," my mom looked horrified. Charlie just shrugged, "Actually its from Macy's. It was on sale for 20 bucks, they best deals, don't they?" My mom nodded her curiously, obviously shocked at where Charlie bought her shirt. Again, she proves to me that she isn't a normal celebrity.

Charlie met the rest of my family, charming each one in her usual style. My mom made a huge dinner for Charlie, who ate two dinner plates full. "It's so good!" she giggles to me. We watched a movie, The Dark Night, one of my favorites. Soon, it was time for bed. Charlie was tucked away in our guest room, about three doors down from mine. After my parents went to bed, I tip-toed into her room, shutting the door quietly behind me. She was already waiting, pushing the covers back for me. I slipped in and pulled Charlie into my body. "They love you, ya know. I don't know how you do it." Charlie laughed, rubbing her hand against my chest, "Do what? I just try to be polite and such. Your family is really nice. I'm glad they like me. " I pressed my lips against Charlie's soft hair, which always smelt like strawberries, "Yeah, now all you got to do is impress my friends". She kissed my neck and whispered, "Well if they're anything like you, they'll just gawk the first time the see me. " I laughed defensively, "I did not gawk!" She raised her eyebrows up at me, smiling.

I sighed, "Well its not everyday you see a girl like you, Charlie?" She snuggled closer to me, "A girl like me?" I whispered against her forehead, "Yes, a girl like you. Beautiful, talented, enchanting, funny. You kind of have the whole package, Charlie." She giggled lightly, "Why thank you!". I pulled her mouth up to mine, pressing my lips against hers, feeling our tongues tangle together. We stayed like that for a while, kissing, laughing, smiling. We were really happy together. She had just stripped me of my shirt, pressing her ear against my chest, trying to hear my heart beat. She did this alot, when we were in bed together, "Josh? I'm really happy you found me." I stroked her hair, holding her close to my body, "Me too Charlie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and messages are appreciated! Tell what you guys think so far =]