Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Just me and him.

I fiddled with the hem of my dress, pulling it between my hands. My eyes were fixated on my perfectly manicured nails rubbing against the silk fabric.

"Charlie, will you stop? You're going to make wrinkles in your dress. I don't want the cameras catching that." Lisa had paused her conversation on the phone to scold me. I couldn't help it, I was nervous. Within a few minutes, I'd be on that carpet with Josh on my arm. Does she know how scary that is?

I watched Josh's big hands capture mine, pulling them to his lips. "Charlie, we don't have to do this if your not ready."

I looked up into Josh's face. His eyes were almost grey, like the color of storm clouds. They look so intense against his lightly tanned skin, which was smooth and even. He was wearing a simple black suit with a white shirt, a black tie reaching down to his stomach. I bit my lip, thinking about how absolutely sexy he looked that night. How was I suppose to compare to that?

"I'm afraid you look to good. They're gonna think I'm hideous compared to you." Josh threw his head back and started laughing uncontrollable. I, on the other hand, was being completely serious. He looked back at me with his crooked smile and reached up for my cheek.

"Don't touch her! I spent two hours on that face." My makeup artist yelled at Josh before he could even come close to touching me. I shook my head and stared down at my fingers again.

*Josh"s POV*

I watching her every move very carefully. She barely spoke today, only nodded and smiling at whoever was trying to get her attention. She was fiddling with her dress again. I knew her enough to know how scared she was. She might have the rest of the world fooled, but I knew behind that smile, she hid her emotions. I grabbed her hands again tugging them away from her dress.

"It's just me and you out there ok? Don't focus on anything else." She stared up at me with those beautiful, big green eyes. She looked truly breathtaking tonight. She was wearing a black dress that showed off her toned legs and dipped in the back, falling right in the middle of her rib cage. Her hair was down in soft curls falling just under her chest.

It was amusing for her to even attempt to say I looked better. I placed my hand on her leg, rubbing my thumb against her smooth skin.

"I want to do this Josh." I nodded at her, squeezing her leg. She took her place looking on the floor again. I averted my glaze out the window. I knew we would get there soon. I was fully prepared for the swarm of cameras that would be flashing in our eyes. As long as Charlie was by my side, I knew I would be fine.

I was surprised she didn't sense the guilt I felt every time I touched her skin, every time I looked into her eyes. This pestering guilt that wouldn't go away. I regret every moment about that night with Vanessa. I was drunk, I kept telling myself. I didn't mean to do it. If I told her, it would ruin us. And I couldn't bare to do that.

*Charlie's POV*
I reached for Josh's hand, pulling him out of his thoughts. "We're here." I looked at Lisa, waiting for her cue to get out of the limo. Henson opened the door and I could already hear the screams of people fill the car. The door next to Josh opened and I held my breath. Josh turned to me and kissed my cheek. "Remember, it's just you and me. I love you Charlie." I squeezed his hand and smiled.

I took a deep breath. It was just Josh and me. I let that thought stick to my mind as I followed Josh's hand out of the limo.

I was instantly blinded by a swarm of flashes. Behind the frenzy, I could hear the whispers of the media as the commented on the fact that I showed up with Josh. Everyone was screaming our names and I found myself frozen in place.

Josh was next to me in an instant. I felt him anchor his hand around my waist and press his lips to my ear. "Baby, I'm right here." I looked up into his eyes. They were looking down at me protectively, worried.

I took in him completely at that moment. He wasn't afraid at all. His lips inched into that beautiful crooked smile of his. I finally understood why he wanted to do this, why he wanted to expose our relationship completely.He wanted to show everyone that I was his. That I, Charlie Madison, was completely and utterly in love with him.

He furrowed his brows and I couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked. I remember how I felt when I first saw him. That electric shock of a feeling that made my body tingle. That's how I felt in this moment.

I pulled his face down to me and kissed his lips lightly. I knew the paparazzi were tumbling over each other just to get a shot of us, but I no longer cared. Tonight, it truly was just me and Josh.