Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Soulmate

I was watching the coverage of the red carpet in Josh's bedroom. All they could talk about was Josh and I, which made me feel kind of bad for the stars of the movie. The screen flickered to a video of us posing for the paparazzi. His arm fit perfectly around my waist, placing his hand right above my hip. The cameras screamed our names, demanding attention to them.My green eyes sparkled as I looked up to his face. He looked back down at me causing a smile to broaden across his lips. He laughed and kissed my nose. The flashes brightened around us, trying to catch the intimate moment. We looked so perfect together.

"Charlie, you almost ready? Everyone's almost here." Josh emerged from his bathroom where he was fixing his hair, gelling it so it resembled sort of a faux hawk. His shirt was tight against his torso, outlining the toned muscles underneath. He leaned his body against the door frame of the bathroom, watching me with a small smile on his lips.

"I'll be down in a second. I just need to put my dress on. You go down, people are waiting for you!" I smiled as he approached me, sitting down on the bed.

"They're waiting for us. I mean, we are the couple of the moment, aren't we?" I pressed my fingers against his broad jaw bone, enjoying the feel of his freshly shaven skin.

"Yes. That's true, but they're your friends! They're waiting for you more." His eyes scanned over my face, his eye brows raised up.

"You have five minutes Charlie or I'm coming back up for you." I nodded as he pressed his lips to my collar bone. I watched him leave the room, smirking at me before closing the door.

I wondered into the bathroom examining myself in the mirror. I had thrown on one of my favorite dresses: a bronze colored dress that showed off my small frame and ended just below my butt, leaving my long tanned legs exposed. It was long sleeved, but had cut-out spots on the shoulder. I put on a gold necklace and left my hair down in curls.

I knew I was pushing five minutes and Josh would keep his word and get me. I stepped out of his bedroom and walked towards the stairs, peering into over the ledge before walking down. His house was already filled with guests, most of which I didn't know.

I lingered on the steps taking in the scene of the party. I searched the room for Josh, feeling the bass of the music rumble through my body. I felt a hand on my waist and I whipped my head around to see a familiar face.

"Andre! Hey, I was wondering when I'd see you." I smiled up at Josh's roommate, pulling him in for a hug.

"Hey Char. You trying to make Josh jealous with that dress?" I blushed a bit. I still wasn't use to all the compliments his friends always gave me. I remember when I first met Andre, he thought Josh was pulling a prank on him and ask me to pretend to be his girlfriend. It took two hours of explaining and a bunch of kissing to finally convince him that Josh and I were a couple.

"You look very handsome as well. Have you seen Josh?" He shook his head and gestured towards the drinks.

"You want a drink? I'll help you find Josh if you do a shot with me." Andre was always trying to get me drunk. Most of the time he succeeded and I'd end up dancing like a goon in front of all of Josh's friends. It was actually a good time.

"Alright Andre. But no Single Ladies this time! Last time, I practically broke my leg." He laughed and offered his arm, which I took gratefully. I was happy Andre found me before I walked into the party. I wasn't always great around new people.

I noticed a lot of unfamiliar eyes on me, following Andre as he walked me to the drinks. "Andre, why is everyone staring at me?" Andre chuckled as he pour me a shot of vodka.

"Um I don't know, maybe cause you're Charlie Madison?" Andre handed me the shot, counting to three slowly on his fingers. I pushed the cup to my lips, allowing the alcohol to burn down my throat.

Josh must have invited his friends who weren't use to well-known people at parties. "So what will it be Charlie? Your normal?" I nodded at Andre who poured a can of Diet Coke in a cup and proceeded to add a couple shots of rum.

"Andre, are you gonna keep your promise?" He handed me the red cup and rolled his eyes. "Yes! No Single Ladies!"

"I meant about helping me find Josh." He smirked at me and scanned the room quickly, placing his hand to shield his eyes.

"Can't see him anywhere! How about we play pool instead?" I weighed my options. If I was going to try to find Josh by myself, that would require me to venture into the party without a clue who anyone was. I knew I would get stopped and side-tracked by random people. But if I went with Andre, there would be a good chance Josh would come find me.

"Alright alright. It's about time I kicked your ass again in pool." He shook his head and smirked, taking my arm and guiding me through the party.

"Man Andre, you really suck at this." I was leaning against the pool table, laughing at Andre's stance with the pool stick. A couple more of Josh's friends who I knew were watching me and Andre play, obviously amused at how bad Andre was. I was a few drinks in now and I quite enjoyed the buzz that overtook my body.

"Shut it Madison." He hit the ball at a bad angle which caused it to jump up and fall on the floor. Everyone laughed as Andre blushed bright red, picking up the ball from the floor.

"Andre you know your suppose to hit the ball on the table?" One of Josh's friends chuckled and patted Andre on the shoulder. We were beginning to draw a crowd around the table, the size of the group doubling since last game.

I shook my head and examined the pool table. My dad was the one who taught me to play and I was always happy to show off my inherited skills. I bent over the table to position my pool stick at the right angle. I knew all of Josh's friends were checking me out probably staring at my behind.

I glanced at at Andre who was laughing, obviously thinking the same thing. I shook my head and smiled, pointing to a far left pocket. I pushed the stick into a ball which hit the eight ball and trailed it into the noted pocket. Everyone clapped and cheered, laughing at Andre's who was shaking his head defeated.

I felt hands at my waist, pulling me until my back was pressed against their chest. I felt lips at my neck, nibbling on the one spot that sent chills down my spine. I rolled my eyes and turned around in Josh's arms.

"Beating Andre again, are you?" I smiled at my boyfriend, pulling his lips to mine. I could tell he'd been drinking cause I could taste the alcohol on his lips. Or maybe those were my lips?

I heard hoots and hollers behind us as Josh's friends cheered him on. I pulled back, blushing red from the attention.

"Oh come on! Who cares if they cheer. They're only doing it cause you look so damn sexy tonight. Where have you been?"

I placed my hands around Josh's neck and leaned my back against the pool table. "I've been beating Andre this entire time! I was gonna look for you, but I didn't know anyone here. So I figured you'd find me eventually."

He smirked and lowered his hands to my backside, pulling me closer to his body. "Looks like I did. The game over?" I nodded and reached for a sip of my drink.

"Good." He looked over my shoulder and watched his friends fight over who got the next game. I watched him closely, smiling up at his bright hazel eyes. They were light brown today with flecks of gold in them. The reminded me of the fall with all the leaves changing to a golden color. He felt my eyes staring at him and flickered back down to my face.

"What?" He smiled his crooked smile making me bite my lip. I shook my head and smiled up at him.

"Hey love birds, you mind moving? We have a game here." I rolled my eyes at Andre and lead Josh into the corner of the room.

He leaned against the wall and pulled my hips to him, my back against his chest. He pressed his lips to my hair, swaying slightly with the music.

"You enjoying the party?"

"Of course I am. I love hanging with your friends. Especially Andre, but you should blame him if I fall tonight. He kept feeding me drinks."

He chuckled low into my hair, wrapping his hands tighter over my waist. "I won't let you fall Charlie. You're staying with me for the rest of the night."

I laughed, taking another sip of my drink. " Oh am I now?"

He pressed his lips to my neck, kissing up to my ear. "Yes baby. I don't want to be with anybody else but you." I felt chills run up my arms as he chuckled in my ear.

"You're too good to me, you know that Josh?" I felt a phone vibrate against me. Josh let go of my waist and picked the phone out of his pocket.

"Charlie, it's yours. It's been vibrating all night." I forgot I had given my phone to Josh before the party. I took it from his hands and glanced at the screen.

"Shoot, I completely forgot I have to be at the studio tomorrow to finish the song. I think I might have to leave early."

Josh grabbed my body close to his again as I texted Lisa back to tell her I'd be there in the morning. "Charlie, please don't leave. You can just stay in my bedroom and sleep there. I want you next to me tonight."

I pressed my lips against his and sighed. "I have to leave really early Josh. Meaning I have to sleep in the next hour."

He smirked at me. "Ok well I'll take you to my bedroom then!" Before I could resist, he was pulling my hand towards the stairs. His friends made a few comments and cheers which made me blush.

"I'll see you tomorrow Andre." He smirked at me and laughed. "Have fun tonight Charlie."

Josh and I were almost at the stairs, but he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. I stood beside him and followed his eyesight to a dark-haired girl approaching us.

"Oh hey Vanessa! How are you?" I smiled at her, waving as she got closer. Josh grabbed my waist and pulled me to his side rather forcefully. I looked up at him confused.

"What are you doing here?" His voice was low and almost like a growl. His tone surprised me and I looked up at Vanessa who was just smirking.

"We have break remember? I thought I'd stop by to see my co-star!" She was laughing, apparently oblivious to Josh's mood. He was quiet for a moment and I began to feel awkward. Obviously something had happened to them during filming that Josh hadn't told me about.

"Well we were just going upstairs. Excuse us." He pulled me away from her, walking quickly up the stairs and into his bedroom.

"Josh, what was that about? Did you and Vanessa get into a fight or something?" He turned on his heel and I saw how angry he looked. His jaw was tightened and his hands were clenched into fists.

"I'm fine." He bellowed at me, walking over to his draw to pull out some clothes for me. I knew better than to push this. But then again, I had never seen him this upset.

"Are you sure? Cause you seem pretty mad to me."

"Just drop it ok Charlie?!" Josh had never screamed at me before so it caught me off guard. I sucked in my breath and marched past Josh into his bathroom. I don't know what it was about his voice, but he seemed more than mad. It sounded like he was in pain. His temper probably came out of the fact that he was drinking, but he still had never raised his voice to me.

"Charlie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." He came up behind me in the bathroom as I was cleaning my face. I shook my head and looked down. "It's fine. Just next time I'm trying to help you, don't get mad at me."

He nodded his head and kissed my shoulder, watching me pull my hair into a bun. I turned around and took his face in my hands, brushing my fingers against his jaw bone.

"You should get back to the party Josh. Everyone's probably looking for you." He pressed his forehead against mine, and closed his eyes.

"Not yet. I wanna lay with you till you fall asleep." I nodded and grabbed his hand, leading him into the bedroom. His hands found the zipper in the back of my dress and he pulled it down, stroking my bare sides. I grabbed the shirt he had left on the bed and pulled it over my head, leaving my underwear on.

I crawled into bed next to him, pushing my face against the crook of his neck. I'd remember his scent forever; it was my favorite. I inhaled it and pressed my lips to his neck. His hands found my body and shifted so I molded perfectly into his body.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his hands rubbing my sides.

"Josh, tell me that you're here to stay?" I waited in silence for him to say something back to me. I felt a sudden wave of worry flush over my body. I pushed his shirt up and pressed my ear to his heart. The soft beats always soothed me at night. I let out a sigh when I heard his voice whisper to me.

"I'll always be here for you. Forever, I promise." His lips touched the back of my head while he stroked my back.

I always liked the idea of soul mates. The idea that someone out there is made just for you. That someone is so in sync with you, it's actually scary. That someone was the best person for you to be with. The idea that someone in this world is the perfect one for you. And in this moment, with Josh's heart beating close to my ear, his sweet smell lingering by my nose, his big hands tangling themselves in my hair, I realized that Josh was mine. And that's something that could never be taken away from me.